Hockey World Championships 7/5

Monday 7 May 2007
HomeTieAwaysp.gifBPP
Norway v Latvia (08:45 BST)3.005.501.99102% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line- - -Total GoalsFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Austria v Ukraine (09:15 BST)2.264.702.70103% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line- - -Total GoalsCorrect ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Belarus v Germany (13:15 BST)2.844.502.18104% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line- - -Total GoalsFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Italy v Denmark (13:15 BST)2.704.502.12107% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line- - -Total GoalsCorrect ScoreFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Canada v USA (17:15 BST)2.104.402.92105% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line- - -Total Goals1st Period Money Line1st Period Over/UnderFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultHighest Scoring PeriodLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total
Sweden v Russia (17:15 BST)3.704.651.71108% Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPuck Line- - -Total GoalsFirst Team to ScoreHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even Total

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Belarus - Germany Over 5.5 (1.88 @ 10bet) Germany to win (2.10 @ 10bet) Both teams can be extremly pleased with their performance in Russia this year. Germany might be a little down, because they were so near to the 1/4-finals. But it was, nevertheless, the greatest German edition in history of WC. Belarus fought well today. They skated with passion and venue packed with their fans gave them an extra boost.They have left their heart on the rink and they should be applauded for that. But, it raises another question: how much heart did remain for tomorrow's match? And how much strenght? They may have some heart left, but the strenght will be deciding aspect. Germany did have a day break. Germany can be proud of their matches in Qualifying Round. They have won against Czech R. and wern't heavily defeated by USA. I think that they are a notch better than Belarus and with Belarus' tiredness, this notch will become bigger. Both teams are bad in PP and Belarus isn't any good in Penalty killing, neither. So, PP won't be so important in this match. I expect a goal-for-goal match, in which Belarus will lose strenght and Germany will prevail. I could go for 'highest scoring period: 3rd', as the last period should be Germany's strongest weapon, but I won't stake too much in single match.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Italy - Denmark Italy to win (2.74 @ 10bet) Over 5.5 (1.89 @ 10bet) This is a position match. It won't decide anything, but the teams positions in this WC. Both teams met their goal and avoided relegation battle. Neither one of them can reach the 1/4-finals. Because of the less importance, this match could be more likely to the matches in Preliminary round. And it means: 'over'. Italy played a brave match against Russia. They were very disciplined (big success for them) and they were the first team to stop Kazan's forwrd trio. Goalkeeper was awsome, but got cramps in his legs and wasn't able to play against Finland. Italy was tired against Finland and only a shadow of the team that played against Russia. I'll repeat myself, Italy plays bad against stronger teams, but they are really good against any same strenght team. Muzzatti will probably be on goal again to give them another boost. Both teams are bad in PP and in Penalty killing. Italian's efficiency is not good, but Denmark has the worst goalkeeping: only 84%. Denmark's best performance was in the match against Ukraine and first period against Sweden. They were really motivated for those matches and I'm not sure that they will have the same motivation tomorrow.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Sweden - Russia Over 5.5 (1.85 @ 10bet) Sweden haven't allowed a goal for 113 minutes. Neither Denmark (in two periods) nor Finland couldn't score. They have allowed only 5 goals so far. That's respectable. But, the other side is respectable also. Russians scored over 6 goals in average. Sweden held Finland today at low-scoring 1:0 and Russia won against best defence (Switzerland) 6:3. This match won't be so tense, as both teams are very powerfull and they do't care wether they'll play against Slovakia or Czech R. in the 1/4-finals. I expect offences to be more important than deffences in this match (as neither team will want to get tired by playing strict deffence for 60 minutes) and this match could go over. I'll play it with medium stakes, as Sweden really dosn't allow goals easily. I'll put small stakes on: Sweden to win (3.41 @ 10bet) This is simple value betting. Why are the odds so high? Because Russia is host? Sweden is very experienced and it won't bother them. Because Russia scores easily? Sweden scores easily, also. Because Russia has Morozov with 6 goals and 5 assists? Sweden has Davidsson with 6 goals and 6 assists. On the plus side: Ovechkin won't play for Russia as he is suspended after the silliest and most obvious intentional foul in this WC. He got one match suspension. As you can see, there is no reason not to try Sweden's win with small stakes. I repeat: this is a value bet.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 I like both your picks for Germany - belarus, CBG, also Denmark over, but i'm not so sure about Italy to win. I'm thinking about Ukraine to win, but I'll decide tomorrow (or later today that is).

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5

Sweden - Russia Over 5.5 (1.85 @ 10bet) Sweden haven't allowed a goal for 113 minutes. Neither Denmark (in two periods) nor Finland couldn't score. They have allowed only 5 goals so far. That's respectable. But, the other side is respectable also. Russians scored over 6 goals in average. Sweden held Finland today at low-scoring 1:0 and Russia won against best defence (Switzerland) 6:3. This match won't be so tense, as both teams are very powerfull and they do't care wether they'll play against Slovakia or Czech R. in the 1/4-finals. I expect offences to be more important than deffences in this match (as neither team will want to get tired by playing strict deffence for 60 minutes) and this match could go over. I'll play it with medium stakes, as Sweden really dosn't allow goals easily. I'll put small stakes on: Sweden to win (3.41 @ 10bet) This is simple value betting. Why are the odds so high? Because Russia is host? Sweden is very experienced and it won't bother them. Because Russia scores easily? Sweden scores easily, also. Because Russia has Morozov with 6 goals and 5 assists? Sweden has Davidsson with 6 goals and 6 assists. On the plus side: Ovechkin won't play for Russia as he is suspended after the silliest and most obvious intentional foul in this WC. He got one match suspension. As you can see, there is no reason not to try Sweden's win with small stakes. I repeat: this is a value bet.
These are my thoughts also ! Sweden's odds is really ridicolously high, they have a roster almost designed to beat fast skating, attacking minded teams like Russia. I'm not so keen on over though, Sweden have a clear tendency towards low scoring matches when things get important.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Sweden dnb @ 3.02 (Pinnacle) This odds is pure value. Sure, Russia are favourites, they have many stars, Sweden with only one player from NHL, and so on...But the same arguments were used before today's match between Sweden and Finland, Sweden won, 1-0. It's important to remember that this is a match between two good teams, Russia looks stronger, but Sweden usually love the underdog role, and there's no pressure on Sweden, while everyone expect Russia to win, so think about it, 3.02 for dnb overpriced imo. Small stake, but def. worth a shot.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Canada - USA USA to win (3.00 @ Bet365) The situation is similar to the situation in Sweden - Russia match. The team that wins will win the group also. But there is one difference: motivation. As I said, Sweden and Russia don't care much about who will be their opponent in the knock-out stage. I think that USA does care. They will want to avoid Finland. Finland is hard to beat for them. No matter friendly match or WC 1/4-finals, USA can't handle Finnish team. They would do much better against Switzerland. It would be a match similar to the one against Germany. And USA knows that. They will be more motivated and win will bring almost sure semi-finals. And, of course, USA team is young and still bursting to prove themselves. And there is not a team that USA will be more keen to prove themselves against than Canada. Canada had slow start in this WC, as usual. They were playing better as the matches were getting more important. They will be great in the knock-out stage. Canada scored almost half of their goals in PP. It won't be so eaasy against USA. USA has the best Penalty killing in WC. They have allowed only 1 goal in 29 opponents PP. This could be crucial. I'm also inclined to 'over 5.5' at 1.83, but I'll leave it at this.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Yes, agree, 3.02 for Sweden dnb, I almost can't belive it. Whats your opinion on Austria - Ukraine? I know your soft spot for Austria, but that put aside? ;) Odds for Ukraine dnb over evens atm, I like it, am I missing something?

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 I was surprised to see these odds also. I was expecting something completly different after today's matches. I thought that Ukraine's win will be at 1.60 or 1.70. This Relegation Round is a complete mess. Latvia is safe. If Norway wins against Latvia and Austria against Ukraine, then Norway is 2nd. If Ukraine wins, they are safe no matter what. If Austria and Latvia win, then Austria is 2nd. I can think only of two reasons why the odds on Ukraine are so high: -Austria's coach Boni reshuffled deffence for today's match against Latvia. He was afraid of Latvia's PP and wanted to stop them. After this disaster, he will re-reshuffle it back. Austria's deffence will be the same as against Norway and it worked well in that match. -Ukraine was really outplayed today. Norway had so many good chances and the score should have been different. A lot different. Their deffence was leaking all over. I really don't think that Austria has got the strenght to endanger Ukraine dnb in this match. I wouldn't be surprised to see a draw here. Austria is really bad in Penalty killing and Ukraine is bad in PP (this might also give Austria some chances). Both teams are powerless, but Ukrainans are more experienced and if Austria makes any mistakes Ukraine will be merciless. Of course, I'll bet on Norway to win (3.00 @ Centrebet). Although I wanted to sit on the plane and fly to Russia to kick their no-scoring asses, I'll bet on them again. They had great chances today and they were really good in most of the PP's. Whenever they stopped rushing and tried to organize themselves, they were more efficient. And there is little rushing with Latvia. They need this win. Latvia is safe and they don't have to give anything. They are not a young team and they are not so easy to be motivated by this kind of match. This could be a lovely 'over' and Norway win (if only those b*stards could score).

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Thank you, CBG, good to know that you share my opinion, I really disagree with the bookies on Ukraine. Ukraine dnb @ 2.05 it is then. Too tired to write reasoning now, so my words of wizdom will have to wait...:tongue2

Thank you, CBG, good to know that you share my opinion, I really disagree with the bookies on Ukraine. Ukraine dnb @ 2.05 it is then. Too tired to write reasoning now, so my words of wizdom will have to wait...:tongue2
Bad luck, G:G. Austria scored 8 goals all together in previous matches and they scored 8 goals in this single match.
Norway to win (3.00 @ Centrebet)
I finally cashed in on Norway. And at great odds:clap :clap :clap :clap That's it for the Relegation round. Latvia and Norway will go to Sweden next year and Austria and Ukraine will have to go back to Division 1. I was expecting Norway and Austria to avoid relegtion, but Latvia won fair and square against Austria. Personally, I still think that Latvia will be a laughing stock in the next WC. Unless they rejuvenate their team. With this match, Norway proved to be the best among these teams. They won after OT against Austria, lost to Ukraine and won against Latvia. Nobody could explain how did they lose yesterday, but they were better team in all 3 matches. With a little more scoring abilities and much more power in the deffence, they will be a respectable team. Latvia avoided relegation powered by experience. Their only chance was taking the early lead and then controlling the pace of the match. They did it against Ukraine and Austria. It was enough to avoid relegation. Because of the lack of young players their WC results are getting worse each year. It will be hard for them to compete next year with this team. Austria played some good preparation matches and it's obvious that they are improving. Austrian league is also getting stronger and austrian hockey will only go up in the years ahead. Ukraine is really Division 1 team. They were extremly lucky to get the win against Norway, but otherwise they were bad. They had great chance to avoid relegation. They needed to win against Austria (and Austria is not tough to break), but they have allowed 3 identical goals in the first period and the match was lost.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Backlund had the match of his life yesterday and stopped all 38 shots he faced. My form is not good, but maybe this is the day to turn it around? :) I'll go for over 5.5 in Russia-Sweden. Backlund is not in net tonight and I'm not very confident about Henriksson. The russian goalie has been a bit shaky when I've seen him too. The offense of Russia is great and the Swedes have proven to be quite well in that department too. 1.99 at Pinnacle Centrebet has sweden at 4.60 and I have to try this too.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Canada @ 2.10 (Nordicbet) Although Canada hasn't reached their usual level yet, I'll back them in this one, tradition is on their side, they almost always take the opportunity to teach USA a hockey lesson. I don't think motivation will be a problem, thre's no way Canada will let USA get anything for free in this one. 2.10 pretty high price imo. 2006-05-09 VM, Grupp D, 1 omg Kanada - USA 2-1 2005-11-10 TUI Nations Cup USA - Kanada 1-4 2005-05-05 VM, Grupp B, 1 omg Kanada - USA 3-1 2004-11-11 Deutschland Cup Kanada - USA 5-3 2004-09-01 World Cup, North American Group Kanada - USA 2-1

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 uhh what a goalfest in Belarus game :loon. Backed only over in Denmark game. Belarus is the best over team in this World Champ. right now, no unders at all. You can always be sure their games will go over, no matter who is the opponent... :)

Belarus - Germany Over 5.5 (1.88 @ 10bet) Germany to win (2.10 @ 10bet)
Italy - Denmark Italy to win (2.74 @ 10bet) Over 5.5 (1.89 @ 10bet)
:clap :clap :clap :clap Not a bad day, I must say. I'm 4 out of 5 for now. Italy lost, but it's fine as the other bets are in. Hopefully, this will continue in the evening, also. I'm not sure if Canada - USA will be broadcasted online, but Sweden - Russia will be on TVAnts and Sopcast for sure.:ok

Backlund had the match of his life yesterday and stopped all 38 shots he faced. My form is not good, but maybe this is the day to turn it around? :) I'll go for over 5.5 in Russia-Sweden. Backlund is not in net tonight and I'm not very confident about Henriksson. The russian goalie has been a bit shaky when I've seen him too. The offense of Russia is great and the Swedes have proven to be quite well in that department too. 1.99 at Pinnacle Centrebet has sweden at 4.60 and I have to try this too.
Finally. They just managed to get this one over. Ersberg were in net, not Henriksson, and he played really great. 4.60 or even 4.90 for the Swedes was a huge price. Sweden were totally in this game until Russia scored their fourth one. Let's smack the Slovaks in the quarters:)

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Correct me if I'm wrong, but today was a great day for CBG, 4/6 :clap Great work, may it continue! Sweden were, to be honest, not worth a point vs Russia, even though that penalty shot was a clear mistake by the ref. Russia desreved to win and did so. Glad I backed Canada, 1/2 for my main bets and the day not total crap after all. Ok, more matches to come :ok

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 I've had only 1 out of 3 in the afternoon matches and it makes it 5 out of 8 today so I'm ending this day with a lovely profit. Sweden did lose, but it was the bet that needed to be taken at that odds. USA couldn't deal with Canada, again (good call G:G :clap). It will be interesting to see whether they will manage to handle Finland. So, you think that you'll smack Slovakia? :tongue2 Yeah, you probably will :D The 1/4-final matches are: May 9 Russia - Czech R. Sweden - Slovakia May 10 USA - Finland Canada - Switzerland At first look, I'd say that semifinals will be Russia-Finland(USA) and Canada-Sweden. There are no matches tomorrow. Finally a break.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Russia and Canada will reach semifinals, I can't see any other outcome. Finland to beat USA also very probable, Sweden - Slovakia the tuoughest to predict, but my vote goes to Sweden, who have been a lot more solid so far, and have a good tradition in WC.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 And Canada to beat Russia in the final. Perhaps... The odds are out at Bet365 for quarters. Only 1.11 for Canada and 1.52 for Russia. Honestly, I didn't expect much bigger odds but Switzerland earned slightly better chances. This will be tough market to find a backable bet.

And Canada to beat Russia in the final. Perhaps... The odds are out at Bet365 for quarters. Only 1.11 for Canada and 1.52 for Russia. Honestly, I didn't expect much bigger odds but Switzerland earned slightly better chances. This will be tough market to find a backable bet.
Well, a double with Russia and Canada pays 1.70...70% interest in such short time aint that bad ;) 2.25 for Finland ok, but I hoped for better.

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 Yeah, it's not a bad idea. I could make a double on Russia and Canada at 1.70 and a couple of backside bets with smaller stakes. I'm thinking about highest scoring period in Canada - Switzerland: 2nd. And of course, something else will come alongside with it :lol

Re: Hockey World Championships 7/5 I wouldn't be all that surprised to see a Czech win. Russia haven't been TRULY tested so far; they narrowly beat Finland in a match that wasn't crucial and Sweden weren't motivated enough (I just came to this thread and I was surprised to find no mention of the fact that Sweden would rather play Slovakia than the Czech Republic - I had a decent wager on Russia because even those relatively low odds were value for me). If the Czech manage to sneak in a cheeky goal (something they are good at) and keep a clean scoresheet for a while, the Russians might get nervous and the home advantage might turn against them. In the other semifinal, Sweden are slight favourites. However, I also wouldn't rule out an upset here. One thing that makes me feel positive about Slovakia is slightly different tactics to the past championships. This year, Slovakia didn't go all out and attack madly in the group stages; in fact, their defensive performance against the Czechs was rather good. It almost felt as though the Slovakian coach told the players to preserve some of their strengths for later stages. The win against the Czechs will mean a lot for the morale of the team as well since it was Slovakia's FIRST win ever against the Czechs in a truly important match (World Championships or the Olympics). For these reasons, I think Slovakia will have more physical and mental strenght in the quarterfinals than usual.