Detroit City

Re: Detroit City All blood tests returned fine, so all quite baffling. It appears the old boy has just fell out of love with the game at the moment. Let's hope he has a good think one night in his box and decides it's not quite the time to give up.

Re: Detroit City

see how comes out next season, might regain some form. Looks worrying though.:( Maybe its time for a change of jockey? I would change Richard Johnson on DC and on Fair Along.
i was thinking of starting a thread after i watched this clown on saturday Fair along, every time he went for a big one, he misjudged it & let the winner have 1st run which ultimately meant he was always gonna be 2nd. Detorit City, only one way to ride this horse & Johnson has changed tactics last 2 runs with poor results Monkerhostin, well it was backed out of sight & what does he do, has it behind a wall of horses & goes up the inside, FFS 4.5 mikes, you can trot round the outside & keep out of the way for the 1st miles. He rode my dad's horse & i wasnt that happy then as his demeanour was very poor beforehand. I for one do not like him & after saturday would rather lose when he wins.

Re: Detroit City What about Black Jack Ketchum? I know he stopped in the mud but he seem to walk very gingerly after that race.Fell next time well fair ehough these things happen.Last time he seem to blow up they say he may have needed the race and may not have got the trip.This sounds a bit of a lame excuse imo.I got my pocket burnt backing him as i thought he was special but will not back him until he wins and shows a bit of his old self.In hindsight how big a mistake was it running him in the mud that day?I really do hope B.J.K and Detriot City bounce back and become champs.

Re: Detroit City All these so called top horses can cruise along, go clear by 10 lengths and absolutely piss a race. As soon as they are asked a genuine question and their attitude to win is questioned they wave the white flag and give in such as Detroit City and Black Jack Ketchum. Same thing with Harchibald, can cruise on the bridle till the last fence, involved in a battle and finds nothing. Tony McCoy gave BJK a good ride, he had it in contention but it wasn't good enough. With Monets Garden there was a genuine excuse for a poor run, it scoped badly. Back to form with a cracking run and proved its class. I have to thank RussP for pointing this horse out way before Cheltenham. I wouldn't put a penny on Detroit or BJK until they prove they still have that desire to win a race.

Re: Detroit City Id back BJK over DC though as Ive never been blown away by DC as I have with BJK, I was saying to Jeffers last year about Denman and BJK if they raced together and how BJK would batter Denman. DC seems to me as though hes punched above his weight and no doubt he is a class horse but I cant see him stamp his authority over other horses of the same ability. BJK will find his form again I just know it:hope

In hindsight how big a mistake was it running him in the mud that day?
He needed the run though didnt he for Cheltenham, but we was told by Jonjo that AP will not kill him to get him over the line as the ground was totally wrong for him. I think he just got beat by a better horse NTO

i was thinking of starting a thread after i watched this clown on saturday
Completely agree, Rob. The only reason he gets so many winners is that he rides the best horses! You won't go far wrong with AP;)
With Monets Garden there was a genuine excuse for a poor run' date=' it scoped badly. Back to form with a cracking run and proved its class. [b']I have to thank RussP for pointing this horse out way before Cheltenham.
You're welcome, mate. Just glad you won on it. Although I'm sure you don't need my tips....you've been doing rather well on your own;)