Hot Trainers(not in that way

Not sure if this has been done before, so if it has i apologise for the repetition. The idea is to back each horse that belongs to the trainer with the best record of winners for horses running that day. I've toyed with this idea for a while but have never set it out as a system. I know it's after eventing but it did pick out Massini's Maguire at cheltenham which came in at 20/1!!! So anyway i thought i'd give it a go long term to see if success is sustainable over a period of time. All stats are taken from the racing post website. All horses forecasted to run under 5/1 will be to win and over that will be each way. THIS IS ONLY A PAPER TRAIL! at the moment but if it looks good after some testing then i'll be backing it with my hard earned cash. I'll be starting with a bank of 100 points and each race will be a minimum of 2 points for each way and 5 points for the win. So here goes then:- CARLISLE:- 2.30 Ocarina JPL Ewart forecast each way 2 pts 3.05 Numero un de solzen JPL Ewart 5pts to win 3.40 Mr Woodentop Miss P Robson 2pts each way & Great Approach NG Richards 5 pts to win FONTWELL:- 4.30 Precious Bane JB Groucott each way 2pts 5.00 The Entomolgist CR Eggerton 5pts to win LIMERICK:- 2.40 Arbour Supreme WP Mullins 5 pts to win & Polar John E Kiely 2pts each way 3.15 Candy Girl WP Mullins 5 pts to win Starting Bank:100pts Current Bank:67pts Nothing is set in stone on this idea so comments on staking selections or just general ideas would be very welcome. I'll update this at the end of each day and then also provide the next days selections as well:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.