Backgammon League - March

Pocket Lady

Backgammon League - March  

1. 1.

Re: Backgammon League - March :cry Pocket Lady has just beaten me 9 - 5 and she played very well too :clap but I discovered how she got her name - she keeps 66 and 55 in her pocket and when the need arises one of those pairs lands on the board - ah ha - nothing to do with sour grapes cos I lost, of course not. Hi Ho Silver

Guest gazza271

Re: Backgammon League - March

Garry beat me 9-4 I am never gonna hear the end of it now!!!!
Well played :clap :clap :clap :clap was a good enjoyable game despite all the swearing :lol :lol Steve or Tax, I'm off till Tuesday now if either of you are about the next couple of days :ok

Re: Backgammon League - March Hi guys, will soon be able to play my games. We've just moved and I have been working my :moon to get settled.. but we're there now :nana However I am turning 30 tomorrow :eek ... so we're having a few guests over the weekend... Next week I will be on the back gammon train again :ok

Re: Backgammon League - March Any feedback on the structure of the backgammon league? Do you like a league or prefer a cup? Do you like the freeflow structure (i.e. Play when you like) or prefer a more structured approach? Do you like it seeded, or should everyone get the chance to take on all levels? Any other thoughts?

Any feedback on the structure of the backgammon league? Do you like a league or prefer a cup? Do you like the freeflow structure (i.e. Play when you like) or prefer a more structured approach? Do you like it seeded, or should everyone get the chance to take on all levels? Any other thoughts?
I would like a chance to play everyone rather than the same month in and out. I suppose this means that I should play better then. :$

Re: Backgammon League - March An epic battle has just taken place in Elms dregs with elmcroft himself defeated with the narrowest of margins 9 - 8 by silverun :rollin . silver dregs does not have the same ring to it so I'll leave the honour with Elm. He does deserve a special award for the sportsmanship he displayed when I messed up with the doubling cube thing (twice) :clap :clap :clap :clap Thank you Elm

Re: Backgammon League - March Silverun beat Spurman 9 8 it was very close and the last game had the lead swinging wildly both ways. Got the doubling cube thing right this time - well I didn't mess it up - just need to to reject more - I think? :\ Any way I won the relegation battle :cow :cow :cow Spurman has a new PC and it rolls dice a lot better so beware it's no longer "bad roll" Spurman

Any feedback on the structure of the backgammon league? Do you like a league or prefer a cup? Do you like the freeflow structure (i.e. Play when you like) or prefer a more structured approach? Do you like it seeded, or should everyone get the chance to take on all levels? Any other thoughts?
Lets have a cup competition and rest the leagues just for a month. Also have a plate competition for anybody out of the cup first round. It can be a pain organising games but at least it gets communications going - good for newly active peple like me. If it was a fixed night say some would miss their favourite tournaments. Freeflow for flexibility. Do have deadlines for cup rounds though. Cup not seeded let the superstars knock each other out :lol To overcome the occasional hesitancy in organising matches introduce a guideline for the higher ranking player to take the responsibility of making the first approach. The other player can still take the lead if they want too. Silverun

I just beat Pene 9-5 .... I had so many 66's that she thought I was the devil :loon :loon Was a very good game!! (though Pene may not agree :tongue2)
6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 He IS the devil!!!! Beware.... :tongue2 Very good game... took a lot of chances and got so severely spanked that I might never take one more chance in my whole life :loon

Re: Backgammon League - March Have updated the league table ..... I'm assuming that the mass of incomplete games wont be completed in the next couple of hours, but if any are, I'll update the table :ok Is interest waning on this? 8 out of the 18 games this month went unplayed :unsure Anyway, congratulations to Sam, switching places with Mr V in the premier league :tongue2

Is interest waning on this? 8 out of the 18 games this month went unplayed :unsure Anyway, congratulations to Sam, switching places with Mr V in the premier league :tongue2
Thanks GaF - :ok Come on guys and gals get your votes in on the new backgammon thread so I can take GaF's BBP off him :tongue2 :moon