darts. PL week 5

my thoughts on the match ups for week 5. A LEWIS v R SCHOLTON, well this is a game that you feel the Ducthman has to win, currently bottom he has to secure a victory in the next two weeks to keep himself in with a shout. He has yet to fire on all cylinders and i feel this could be the week for it, and when he is hot he is an awesome scorer, his only weakness finishing, and this is similar to Lewis, another factor to consider Scholton is no stranger to a bit of gamesmanship, he has previous for dawdling to the oche, and has been warned by referees in the past for this, and against a player like Lewis, who has let these things get to him before, he may well do anything to win, Bet on Sholton. D PRIESTLEY v C LLOYD, Dennis is top of the league and is off the back of two victories, however jaws has appeared to be finally finding his form, this is going to be tight and personally i'm finding it hard to split them, so a draw maybe the way to go here, if i had to pick someone then i would go for the menace, he is a slow player and lloyd has been known to struggle against slow players and start pushing darts. T JENKINS v P MANLEY, in the last two weeks, jenkins has played both Taylor and barney, and on both occassions he has played macnificently, indee he should've beaten taylor, and against barney he lost with a 102 avg! on this form manley should'nt stand a chance but the ex newsagent has shown good form recently, (finalist in Holland) and i just wonder fi jenkins is due a dip in form, manley is known for his gamesmanship but nothing seems to fluster jenkins so can't see that being a factor here, my bet would be on a draw, maybe this match will produce highest checkout Manley is a master at high outs. BARNEVELD v TAYLOR, the BIG one, the eagerly awaited clash that won't dissapoint! and this is going to be close, barney took taylors world crown and as we know a wounded taylor is a dangerous beast, the power has been out of sorts of late his new lifestyle appears to have affected his game BUT he has been looking better as the weeks go on, Barney has no fears facing taylor and believes he has a phsycological advantage on taylor, indeed his record against him is probably better than anyone else's, where to we bet on this depends who the bookies make fav, that will be interesting. on a final note the first or last games are worth punting on for most 180s would prob fancy the Lewis/ scholton match.

Re: darts. PL week 5 my pick for this week: Jenkins, Terry vs Manley, P Jenkins ML @1.90 in Unibet Jenkins has been in a good shape recently. He played very close matches with the two "big guns" and was a bit unlucky not to beat at least one of them. Manley is not the man he used to be, last time he was crashed by the "Power" and generally he's been far from his best in PL so far. If I just simply compare the stats ( 180s, doubles etc. ) of these two dartsmen I really think it's worth backing Jenkins this time with medium stake.

Re: darts. PL week 5

I'm actually going to this event at Sheffield so lets make it a good week on the arrows! ;)
ohhhhh you raggy sod.You've got the Taylor / Barneveld match:nana Still working on some picks but i'll put em up later.
Thursday 1 March 2007
Player 1TiePlayer 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Lewis v Scholton (19:45 GMT)1.736.003.25106%
Lloyd v Priestley (20:30 GMT)2.325.202.30106%
Jenkins v Manley (21:20 GMT)1.905.602.87106%
Taylor v Van Barneveld (22:00 GMT)2.325.402.38104%

All odds checked since 09:49 GMT

Re: darts. PL week 5 First game is a tough one to call. I cant see any reason to bet on Scholten at 3.25. Also, Lewis at 1.73 doesnt sound attractive, either. This is the third week (maybe fourth?) in a row that Priestley has been above evens in the odds. Seems like a lot of people have been making money by betting on Priestly lately. Seems like another match that people will be betting on him. How does Barney have worse odds than Taylor? Seems crazy, considering the form Barney has been showing, and the not so good form that Taylor has been on.

Re: darts. PL week 5 Hmmm. Today's Bettingzone Market Moves: 1335: For the first time in seventeen years, Phil Taylor is the outsider to win a match and Sky Bet make him 11/8 to beat Dutch master and PDC world champion Raymond Van Barneveld (even money) when they meet on Thursday in Sheffield in the Holsten Premier League darts tournament. Barney is 4/9 to score most 180s and 8/15 to score over 3.5, having thrown eight last week against Jenkins. Taylor is 3/1 to score most 180s and 5/6 to score over 2.5, having only produced three maximums in his 8-2 win over Peter Manley. Sky Bet quote 4/6 for Van Barneveld to get the highest average and it's 8/13 for him to average over a hundred, while Taylor is quoted at 8/11 to do the same. Sky Bet Odds: Premier League Darts, Match Betting: Barneveld R evens, Taylor P 11/8, Tie 9/2. Draw No Bet: Barneveld R 4/6, Taylor P 11/10.

Re: darts. PL week 5 I think Lloyd could be great value against preistley @2.32. Dennis did say he didnt know how he would cope playing infont of large crowds like this before the event started and highlighted the leg in Sheffield saying he would be very nervous on that night in front of all his freinds. However he has shown no signs of nerves so far. Lloyd will see this as a must win match however if he harbours any hope of going through and has a decent record against Dennis over the past two years. Last time these players met in a major tourney I remember Lloyd was about 1/3, how the tides change.

Re: darts. PL week 5 Right, this may well turn out to be mumbo jumbo but to avoid all accusations of aftertiming I'll throw up three tips based purely on horoscopes. Let's see if I've hit on a decent (and unorthodox system) Taylor over Barney (but both players have good horoscopes for today so could be a high scoring classic) with a small cover on the draw Manley over Jenkins Priestley over Lloyd

Right, this may well turn out to be mumbo jumbo but to avoid all accusations of aftertiming I'll throw up three tips based purely on horoscopes. Let's see if I've hit on a decent (and unorthodox system) Taylor over Barney (but both players have good horoscopes for today so could be a high scoring classic) with a small cover on the draw Manley over Jenkins Priestley over Lloyd
Interesting way of tipping! I'm going for a double on Priestley and Taylor just for interest. Setting off to the pub in hour and then down to Sheffield :nana:nana:nana

I'm actually going to this event at Sheffield so lets make it a good week on the arrows! ;)
You lucky sod- I am up in the Norhtwest and tried to get tickets for the Blackpool gig next month but missed the boat. Have a great night - you should give the forum a mention if Ladbrokes are doing any cards :ok

Re: darts. PL week 5 Manley to beat Jenkins @ 3.65 betfair 3/10 OK Jenkins was on fire last week against Barney but he's far too short for my liking here. This Manley price is only on the exchanges but its pretty decent IMO. He's already beaten Lloyd in this competition and held Barney. Was stuffed by the power last week but I reckon he's worth a small punt tonight. Sholton to beat Lewis @ 3.25 3/10 Again, a little big IMO for someone who can fire hot and cold. We havent seen the Dutchman do much since he held the poiwer to a draw, but he has capabilities in him. Lewis was stuffed by Priestly last week although he struggles against slow play. This will be much better for him, but IMO hes still far too short in odds. Im gonna give Roland a go here Lloyd DNB @ 2.0 4/10 Really tough to call is this one but I have the feeling the Menace's run will end. I for one am normally hopeless at predicting Lloyd, but i reckon he can claim his 2nd straight win tonight. At the end of the day he's a class player and got plenty of experience. We saw Lewis struggle against the slow play last week but Jaws should know how to deal with it, even if he hasnt been convincing in the past. 2.37 for the straight win but I reckon thid DNB handicap looks better value Taylor DNB @ 2.0 2/10 Ok Im gonna side with the power in this one, although definitely taking DNB cover. The striahgt win on offer is 2.25 so this level ball bet looks decent. We know both are superb players and it could go either way, but I think Phil is gonna be seriously fired up. Barney will as well, but can he make it 3 consecutive wins against the power? I just dont feel he will tonight although a draw is possible. Not a match to stake much on IMO but I cant resist a bet

Re: darts. PL week 5 Last minute job on this one. First up Taylor/Barneveld Tie 11/2 Skybet. 5 Pts. All week i've been trying to figure out who's gonna win this one,and i've still no idea now.We know all about them so we know what can happen. So in the end the Tie just seems a viable option.Interesting though Barney is not entered for the Blue Sq Regionals on Saturday and Taylor is though. Jenkins/Manley. Jenkins -2.5 Sets 4/3 Sporting Odds. 5 Pts Most of Manley's throwing this season has been poor he's averaged less than 86 on 3 occasions and his woeful 180 scoring(not a single one yet!) will leave him open to a Jenkins hammering.Jenkins has been Mr Consistent with averages over 93 in all games including one of 102 last week against Barney.Jenkins seems to be over his nerves and has the game to demolish Manley tonight. Just a few toy about bets aswell.No reasoning it's a gut instinct type of thing. Lloyd - 1.5 sets 7/5 Sporting Odds. and a 5p yankee on all matches being a tie.55p stake possible return of £80. Good Luck All:ok

my pick for this week: Jenkins, Terry vs Manley, P Jenkins ML @1.90 in Unibet Jenkins has been in a good shape recently. He played very close matches with the two "big guns" and was a bit unlucky not to beat at least one of them. Manley is not the man he used to be, last time he was crashed by the "Power" and generally he's been far from his best in PL so far. If I just simply compare the stats ( 180s, doubles etc. ) of these two dartsmen I really think it's worth backing Jenkins this time with medium stake.
Jenkins won 8-5, it was a close match :dude

Jenkins won 8-5' date=' it was a close match :dude[/quote'] gotta say, Jenkins deserved it. He was way better than manley on the night, only finishing let him down. Ended 8-5 but should've been something like 8-2 tbh good call :ok

gotta say, Jenkins deserved it. He was way better than manley on the night, only finishing let him down. Ended 8-5 but should've been something like 8-2 tbh good call :ok
Thanks mate, I haven't seen the match to be honest, so I thought from the final result: Uhh, it was really close but it seems it wasn't. :lol

Thanks mate' date=' I haven't seen the match to be honest, so I thought from the final result: Uhh, it was really close but it seems it wasn't. :lol[/quote'] aye stats can be deceptive lol, although the averages later should confirm how rampant Jenkins was in this next match, the power just not playing at his best yet, Barney not awesome either but still in control at 4-1 up

Right up until Raymond choked in the 13th leg and couldn't finish off a 40 checkout' date=' I really thought it was going to end up in a draw.[/quote'] yeh same here could swear we were heading for 7-7, Barney just cracked there

Re: darts. PL week 5 Sorry about this, just got in from, the arrows! :) Poissed as a fart :) My double came in ;) I plonked a a further £20 on Tatlor whilst I was there so ended up 80 overall! No word of a lie, my mate did a lucky 15 tnoight, it came in! £20 retuned over a grand! Off to bed, ca n ghardly type lol

Sorry about this, just got in from, the arrows! :) Poissed as a fart :) My double came in ;) I plonked a a further £20 on Tatlor whilst I was there so ended up 80 overall! No word of a lie, my mate did a lucky 15 tnoight, it came in! £20 retuned over a grand! Off to bed, ca n ghardly type lol
Bloody hell, sorry about that :rollin:rollin :puke

Bloody hell, sorry about that :rollin:rollin :puke
:rollin :rollin :rollin Now thats a night at the Dart's.Roll on April 19th so I can get like that:ok Well I missed out on the Barney/Taylor draw:( but came in on the Jenkins - 2.5 sets:nana