Eurobasket Thu 22/2

My experiment of betting in some strange leagues continues...so to todays bets...

Sport Euro Basketball
Event Lottomatica Roma vs. Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Selection Lottomatica Roma to win
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Sportingodds @ 1.75 (Back)
Reasoning Teams have started the second round in the El very differently, Italians with with 10 point win vs. Pau Orthez at home and Maccabi with home loss vs. Tau. Roma have the chance to get the edge over Maccabi in the fight for 2nd place in this group if they win in today. Teams met two times already this season with both winning their home games, the one in Roma went to OT and finished with 88-81 win for the Italians. I give the edge to Roma also because of the experience of their coach Repesa compared to Neven Spahija. But Bodiroga could be out with a broken finger as he left out the first game vs. Orthez, but according to EL official page its possible that he will play tonight. IMO a tight game, but Italians should find the edge in their home crowd and also the fact that Maccabi has won only one match away in the whole Euroleague season and after changing a lot of players from last year roster they dont look so convincing this year.
Sport Euro Basketball
Event Lottomatica Roma vs. Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Selection Under 156.5
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning This line looks to high IMO as both teams havent crossed it in both this years h2h matches. OK the game in Roma went over but only after OT when it finished 88-81, but after regulation both team managed to score combined 144 points. The game in Tel Aviv finished with 78-65 for Maccabi, so even les points scored in that one 143. Because of the importance of this game, cant see a lot of scoring chances as the game will be decided by the defensive play
Sport Euro Basketball
Event Anda Ramat Hasharon vs. Dynamo Moscow
Selection Dynamo Moscow -4.5
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.85 (Back)
Reasoning Eurocup women - quarter-finals 1st leg: This one have very good odds for the visitors win. Dynamo looks like one of the strongest teams in this competition and are still undefeated, with almost all of the wins being impressive double digit hammerings. Their results include 1/16 finals aggregate win vs. Hapoel 187-121 and 1/8 finals agg. win vs. Tarbes 158-118. Another factor for the Dynamo is their home defeat in Russian Women's Superleague by Dynamo-Energiya Novosibirsk with 70-69. IMO that defeat will get them motivated to decide the querterfinal already in first leg in Israel. Also a round eralier they defeated 1st placed team in Russian superleague CSKA Volgaburmash who were still undefeated priro to that game. Pick valued at 6/10...RL playing flatbet so thats why i give it 10/10
Sport Euro Basketball
Event Atletas v Lietuvos Rytas
Selection Under 158.5
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.85 (Back)
Reasoning Really different class between those two teams. Lietuvas powerhouse in Lithuania and respected European club and Atletas poor club who is struggling in home league. First match was won by Lietuvas with 128-55...that tells a lot of how the teams are performing. But IMO this line is off by around 8 points, as i cant see Atletas scoring more than 50-55 points and also Lietuvas probalby wont be fully motivated to crush them in the way that was made in the first game. I maybe cant see the mreaching the 100 mark, but not crossing it, so 150 points total is the bigest mark these two should reach. Looking at the match where Atletas played another powerhouse in Latvian bball - Žalgiris, end result was 48-88 to Žalgiris - and totals of 136 points. Pick valued at 7/10...RL playing flatbet so thats why i give it 10/10
Sport Euro Basketball
Event Paneveys vs. Sakalai Vilnius
Selection Paneveys -4.5
Strength 10/10
Date 22/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.87 (Back)
Reasoning Really like this offer of -4.5 handicap as Expekt has them on -6 @ 1.85. Dont know much about this teams but i see that in first game Paneveys has already beaten Sakalai with 78-82 away and that the home team are on third place with 7-5 record and away team on 7th place with 4-6 record and fresh out of Lietuvas trashing with 55 points. Pick valued at 5/10...RL playing flatbet so thats why i give it 10/10

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.