Rugby League: Super League XII - Round 2

Re: Rugby League: Super League XII - Round 2 Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC, Headingley Carnegie, Friday, February 16, kick-off 8pm: Leeds Rhinos 20-man squad: Webb, Donald, Toopi, Senior, Smith, McGuire, Burrow, Leuluai, Diskin, Peacock, Jones-Buchanan, Ellis, Sinfield, Lauitiiti, Thackray, Bailey, Scruton, Kirke, Gibson, Tansey. Hull FC 20-man squad: Lee, Washbrook, Tickle, G. Horne, Wheeldon, Godwin, Whiting, Yeaman, R. Horne, Briscoe, Dowes, Tony, Raynor, McMenemy, Maiava, Sing, Swain, Carvell, Domic, Radford. Leeds -6 looks bet of the season so far for me. Leeds are at full strength with the return of Jamie Peacock. They really look to have hit the ground running this term. Good pre season and last week they registered 30 points on the board in seeing off a usually miserly Salford at the willows. The word is that Salford had much of the game in that one but Leeds seem to score whenever they got in touching distance. Brent Webb appearing pretty impressive on his full debut. Hull for their money put in a woefully disjointed performance in the absence of Cooke. They only managed 1 try against a team who were conceding tries for fun last season. Which is probably doing Cats a disservice. They looked to have recruited strongly but surely Hull should have taken advantage of a side with so many new faces. I listened to the Hull game on the radio in anticipation of this Fridays match. The message coming from the commentary team was that Hull was seriously missing Cookey. Hes absent again on Friday. Its difficult to see Hull posting many points again. The only concern with this bet is the weather. Forecast shows heavy rain. The great leveller. If rain is to play a part on the night Id probably switch bets to an under call on the total points market. I hate rain. Rain and rugby punting do not mix

Re: Rugby League: Super League XII - Round 2 I fancy quite a few this weekend, not sure if thats a good or bad thing. Bradford with 8 points start seems great value. Warrington started well at Wigan and Bradford were maybe a little lucky to beat Huddersfield. But the Giants are no pushovers and it was only week 1. It may well have been a great result for Warrington but i thought Wigan were rubbish. This game sounds like a real battle and it could go either way. Leeds -6 to beat Hull. This is a great chance for Leeds to put down a marker with Saints not on top form. They lost quite heavily to Hull in this fixture last year and if they get in front(and im sure they will) they will want to put that score right. As henry says Paul Cooke is Hull and hes out. Catalans to beat Wigan 7/4. As i said i thought Wigan were awful last week, they were a major let down. Hardly any support for the man with the ball, it was easy to defend against. Catalan by all accounts should have won at Hull and they have bought well, Mogg is a fantastic signing. They were strong at home last season and im sure they won this fixture on the 1st day of the season. Wakefield +12. I dont see John Kerr allowing Wakefield to perform as poorly as they did last week again or let them give away as many pens. Saints have made a very average start and are complaining about too many games so they may leave a few big names out.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XII - Round 2

I fancy quite a few this weekend, not sure if thats a good or bad thing. Bradford with 8 points start seems great value. Warrington started well at Wigan and Bradford were maybe a little lucky to beat Huddersfield. But the Giants are no pushovers and it was only week 1. It may well have been a great result for Warrington but i thought Wigan were rubbish. This game sounds like a real battle and it could go either way. Leeds -6 to beat Hull. This is a great chance for Leeds to put down a marker with Saints not on top form. They lost quite heavily to Hull in this fixture last year and if they get in front(and im sure they will) they will want to put that score right. As henry says Paul Cooke is Hull and hes out. Catalans to beat Wigan 7/4. As i said i thought Wigan were awful last week, they were a major let down. Hardly any support for the ball with the ball, it was easy to defend against. Catalan by all accounts should have won at Hull and they have bought well, Mogg is a fantastic signing. They were strong at home last season and im sure they won this fixture on the 1st day of the season. Wakefield +12. I dont see John Keer allowing Wakefield to perform as poorly as they did last week again or let them give away as many pens. Saints have made a very average start and are complaining about too many games so they may leave a few big names out.
Great write-ups Henry & Alan Partridge! :clap I have to agree with you both on Leeds, Henry mentionned the weather could be a factor....will look at this tonight or tomorrow am. Warrington always struggle to cover handicaps, especially against a top 6 side like Bradford! I like them +8pts.....maybe someone will go with +10pts. And again....quite fancy Les Catalans too this weekend. Reports from round 1 were very encouraging as they new signings seem to have settled in very well. Wigan, as you say Alan, were very poor against Warrington. Will try to pick some selections before im away!

Re: Rugby League: Super League XII - Round 2 Quick post Im off out but Warrington -8 was going to be my 2nd tip. Surprised theirs much enthusiasm for the +8 bearing in mind Bradfords atrocious head to head against the wire. Those beaten Bradford teams didnt even have David Solomona at stand off as he did on Sunday. Bradfords line up looks really ordinary these days. More thoughts later.

Question about Skybet - do they refund stakes if you back a first try-scorer and he doesn't play?
Nevermind, found the answer, though it's not quite what I was hoping for. Not SL but there's no real point in having a new thread. Tomorrow (today where you blokes live) there is a friendly between the Celtic Crusaders and this year's Australian WCC representative the Brisbane Broncos. I believe the Crusaders were hammered 56-6 last week. Brisbane played a mixed team, comprised partly of first teamers and the rest reserve/youth players in a trial last week against a local team. They won 56-12 after having led 46-0 at half-time. Notable absentees from that game include Darren Lockyer, Karmichael Hunt, Justin Hodges, Brent Tate, Petero Civoniceva and Shaun Berrigan. I'm unsure of the format of the game, but I'm under the impression that more than 4 substitutes (that is reserve players, not substitutions) will be allowed. (Not sure if this is true or not, but it's what I've been led to believe. With an 18 man Bronco squad over there it would certainly have made sense to allow all the players to participate in the friendly, and also for more of the Crusaders players to get the chance to play Brisbane. Anyway, I've just opened up a Skybet account and have found two good value bets, both on the first-tryscorers markets. + Steve Michaels First Try-Scorer @ 21 - This price is too big. Michaels is a centre/winger but he's been priced up the same as forwards like Civoniceva, Thaiday etc. He scored the first try in the trial game just gone by and he's a pretty decent finisher. Brisbane would be huge favourites to score first and this price is quite outstanding, all things considered. + Tame Tupou First Try-Scorer @ 17 - Tame scored 5 first tries of the game last year. Brisbane have a pet play involving Lockyer and Hunt operating on the left flank before firing a money ball to the left winger, who for large parts of last season was Tame. Such a play I'm sure could be repeated for the opening try tomorrow and providing Tame plays wing this bet is good value. Good news is that should Tame not play left wing, Steve Michaels almost certainly will. It's possible also that the two with make up the left wing/centre pairing. Position of Berrigan and Boyd will likely play a big part with these bets - the important thing is that one or both of the players start, as there is a possibility they wont. Still, I'm happy to take the risk, but it's important to be mindful of this. Being a first-tryscorer market huge stakes can't be used, but I'm very confident that both bets are good value, particularly Michaels. I wouldn't be surprised if Lockyer actually scored first as he is a great support player and Brisbane could open up the Crusaders early. However, 9 isn't as great of value, especially compared to the two guys listed. I will have a cover bet on him though. For those that like to back players to score against their old clubs in Football (Soccer - I.e. Bellamy vs Newcastle), Duggan, Wyatt, Mapp and Van Dijk are all ex-Broncos, though the latter never played seniors.

Catalans to beat Wigan 7/4. As i said i thought Wigan were awful last week' date=' they were a major let down. Hardly any support for the man with the ball, it was easy to defend against. Catalan by all accounts should have won at Hull and they have bought well, Mogg is a fantastic signing. They were strong at home last season and im sure they won this fixture on the 1st day of the season.[/quote'] Well, I know nothing about rugby but if all this what you wrote about Les Catalans is right, Catalans + 6.5 HC @ 1.909 on Sportingbet is more than a great pick, mate.;)

Re: Rugby League: Super League XII - Round 2 Im not sold on the Catalans yet. Undoubtedy improved from last season. A great price for them at home but I know that Wigan are a very good side. Weather didnt help their cause last time out. In dryer conditions I reckon they might really play as they did at the back end of last season(Some awsome rugby). No bet for me this one. I can just see the handicap going either way. I think theres going to be quite a bit of profit opposing Bradford this year. Heres their line up against the Giants. Bradford Bulls: Platt, St Hilaire, Evans, Hape, Vainikolo, Solomona, Deacon, Vagana, Newton, Feather, Langley, B. Harris, Morrison. Replacements: Cook, Henderson, McAvoy, Burgess. I know Solomona was only at stand off because Harris was suffering a bit of a dose but it smells of desperation to me. James Evans and Marcus Hilaire out on the right side. That has to be one of the slowest in Super League. Marcus Bai and Karl Pryce a big loss for them. I feel they might struggle to hurt teams this year. They used to really hurt Huddersfield with some regularity in days gone by. Not these days. Really fancy Warrington to put some distance score wise on Sunday. Weather is supposed to be dryish as well.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XII - Round 2 I have ran out of time this week to put together anything constructive regarding this week's games....therefore no bets :( I do fancy Leeds, Catalans and Bradford on the hcaps but will have to leave them alone. Good luck to those having a flutter! Prague, here we come.........Jmenuji se rugbylad, Nashledanou! :ok

Catalans to beat Wigan 7/4. As i said i thought Wigan were awful last week, they were a major let down. Hardly any support for the man with the ball, it was easy to defend against. Catalan by all accounts should have won at Hull and they have bought well, Mogg is a fantastic signing. They were strong at home last season and im sure they won this fixture on the 1st day of the season.

Question about Skybet - do they refund stakes if you back a first try-scorer and he doesn't play?
I had this scenario last year. Yes - if he doesn't play PLUS isn't in the starting line up No - if he's on the bench and doesn't come on. Paul White was on the bench for Wakey v Wigan and I had him for last try. Very unusually he didn't come on at all, so I thought I'd get my money back. Alas, not the case. Must be one of the few named subs to not actually have any game time in the whole if last season

Think Brent Webb is a cracking bet for 1st tryscorer for Leeds' date=' 2 trys last week and a price of 14/1 @ Paddy Power makes him good value imo.[/quote'] I've never been here before,but you guys are pretty good.I'm very happy to see people who are intrested in Rugby League. Yeah bro,Webbys a try scoring freak,you might be on the money there.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XII - Round 2 HT 6-0 Leeds Couldnt hope for a better half time score. Bit concerned about the -6. I just thought Leeds were superior to Hull man for man tonight. Hopefully that will show through second half. Lots of handling errors as youd expect in these conditions. Hull making them at totally the wrong times which is aiding my points bet. Hoping Leeds step it up 2nd half. Couple of tries and nil Hull would be great.

Re: Rugby League: Super League XII - Round 2 Thats a sucker blow for the -6. Try Matt sing. Ball gets caught in the water from a grubber that was far too strong. Easy try in end. Conversion missed though. Silly mistake from Gibson in build up.

Just got in. Its beeen raining all day today. Not much time so Ive decided to plump for: Hull under 16.5 points 1.83 Match total under 38 1.72 Leeds -6 1.8 All bet365
:cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana FT 18-4 Leeds 3 out of 3. Another few winners for the Super League thread. A bit late posting but I dont like betting til about an hour before kick off and ive been running late today. I hope someone got on the points markets in play. The points bets looked a gimme in those conditions. Atrocious out there. 1 puddle stopped at least 2 certain tries. If the conditions had been a bit drier I think Leeds would have wiped the floor with Hull i feel. Leeds look real contenders this year. They are definately gonna give saints a run for their money. For Hull they need Cookey back as soon as possible to give them some spark.

Any chance of a repeat of the Christmas win for Fev????
I'm afraid not mate, they are stronger than us in every department in my opinion. Skybet have gone +18 which I think is bit skinny, we stuffed Sheffield but they were missing a few key players like Woodcock and Lindsey to name just two. Not many teams will go to Cas only +18

:cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana FT 18-4 Leeds 3 out of 3. Another few winners for the Super League thread. A bit late posting but I dont like betting til about an hour before kick off and ive been running late today. I hope someone got on the points markets in play. The points bets looked a gimme in those conditions. Atrocious out there. 1 puddle stopped at least 2 certain tries. If the conditions had been a bit drier I think Leeds would have wiped the floor with Hull i feel. Leeds look real contenders this year. They are definately gonna give saints a run for their money. For Hull they need Cookey back as soon as possible to give them some spark.
Missed this game but cracking tips Henry :ok I was talking to Kevshat yesterday and I thought Leeds -10 was a good bet, didn't realise they -6 at some places. I don't think he did but he fancied Hull , a good win for leeds