Chepstow 02/02/07

Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event 1:30 Chep
Selection Gaspara
Strength 10/10
Date 02/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.50 (Back)
Reasoning Won LTO (British debut) against mares at Taunton on a 20f trip. Max distance travelled so far with the previous being 18f in France. Competed in some high priced events there can’t be taken out of contention here. Again has McCoy (11 wins in 44 hurdle events here) to get though the traffic.

Re: Chepstow 02/02/07 Chepstow 2.35 - Pre Race Preview First 3 that are easy to write off are Milligan, Nick's Choice and Lady Maranzi. None of them have shown any glimmer of hope recently and are the 3 ousiders in the betting and rightly so with the latter also out of the handicap. Cannon Fire looks well held by the handicapper and has run plenty of times on good to firm ground, may not like the soft surface. Brads House has run over this trip or similar last few runs and either weakens or seems one paced. (Plus is AP on board)Midas Way is too short in the betting for me with trip and ground to prove and has also faded or weakened over just 2 miles. An extra 4 furlongs is questionable and at around 11-8 (expected SP) easy to oppose. Master Albert has smart bumper form but has not looked anything special over jumps, reverts back to hurdling and may have an ew chance with a 7lb claimer on board. The most likely winner for me is Pass Me A Dime, which is a course and distance winner, has had plenty of runs in this class of race, has 3 chase wins from last 5 races and reverts back to hurdles, having won here over this trip over hurdles in February 2005. The one left is Ballyshan, which will definitely not be left short for stamina with a win and places over 3 miles but has had 3 poor runs recently. Still has lots of potential and it is 3lb lower with a 5lb claimer taking extra weight off. Trainer in quite good from and respected so a good ew or place bet at around 12-1 expected SP. Suggested bets: 3 pts Win on Pass Me A Dime 1pt EW on Ballyshan 1pt FC Perm on Pass Me A Dime, Ballyshan and Master Albert.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.