Euroleague

My blog link is: http://jaimegarci15.blogabet.com DATE:01/02/2007 20:15 PARTIZAN vs UNICAJA Bookie: PINNACLESPORTS STYLE: 1X2 PICK: [email protected] STAKE: 10 Partizan plays at home against Unicaja. This is probably the most important game for both teams. I think wont be a nice match to see because both teams know well the importance of the game and profitable prize at the end. Partizan seems an on fire team with their last wins especially in PAO stadium. We should remember that PAO just play for fun this game without the tense of their serious games. Anyway Partizan played well in that game. Unicaja seems an irregular team this season playing some good game but also losing games by big differences like in Bilbao last weekend. It s true than ACB level is probably the highest of Europe and there is not easy match along the competition when big teams think they would win easily. I want to comment some details about the match. In that kind of game a good defence is the key of the victory and both coaches notice it. Unicaja will try to offer his best defence with Cabezas pressing the entire match to Cummings. Maybe some people don’t know Cabezas because he doesn’t have a big name as Navarro, but he is a nightmare for his opposite point guard. He can press all the court trying to steal the ball in any moment, excellent defender in one on one and he is very clever in attack. He always try to get lay ups to get faults and go to shoot free throws. Cummings should be ready because if he is a bit despite in the match, he could receive 3 faults and to have to see many time the game in the bench. Also Cabezas when he is in the corner stopped and their partners give him the ball; he has an excellent 3 points percentage. I also see another advantage in Unicaja deep bench. If Scariolo is clever he has to propose a hard game with lot of faults. Because Unicaja bench players has more quality than Partizan. In the point guard position, Unicaja has 2 good point guards like Partizan level bench guard is really lower than Cummings. Also happens in the rest of positions. Partizan has a good start 5 but when they have to play with his bench, level decrease. Santiago will be a decisive player in the match. This player maybe at first look seems that he is a bit silly and maybe only knows how to do dunks and to catch rebounds. But that s a big lie. He is a very clever player and always try to best for the team, never for him before. He is very strong in the paint, and probably Partizan would have many problems to stop him. Maybe they need helps for outside players. But that has a big risk because Unicaja has also good 3 points shooters and Santiago know how to give assists to their partners. And the last key in the match that I want to comment is the rebound. Rebound in Europe is much more decisive than NBA. When you have the rebound control you can decide the rhythm of the match. Sometimes playing fast to do counters and sometimes to play slow to get tired the opposite team. Unicaja has better rebounders than Partizan. Partizan would play at home with his stadium full and ambient hot. That s sure a big motivation for them, but also a big pressure because they can’t fails in his stadium. I must admit than I m a bit worried with the referees because they normally support or the biggest team or the local team. Anyway I shouldn’t judge that before the game.