Banker Top 5 Change & Discussion

Right, Recently there have been fewer picks in the bankers than there used to be, this could be for 2 reasons, either we've all become better at picking the bankers or there's less to pick from. Either way we have a bit of a problem, as recently there is often less than 5 selections a day. This means the ratings go out the window somewhat, as even the lowest rated tipster can get in on the Top 5, which was designed to pick out the best prospects. Also, we can not escape the fact that the Top 5 is not working. we have a big deficit, and profit is not free flowing. Therefor I'd like to get everyones opinions on what we should do next. I've had a couple of ideas. Firstly, we only allow selections from 2 or more punters, and Hot Picks become 4+ punters. Second, we dictate the amount of Top picks on the amount of unique selections on the day. Third, we limit those eligable for the Top 5 to the top 10 on the table... AS far as the ratings go, I have a proposition for changing that. It will be a minor change to the calculation, and will effect the standings a bit. But it gives better emphasis on the return accrued by the punter in 30 days. At the moment a bonus is awarded for 30 day hitrate and 7 day hitrate(hotPunter), this is too much emphasis on hitrate. But this is a topic for another thread.... So can I have your Ideas, thoughts and analysis on the Top 5 subject please everyone. The bankers is run as a democracy and so its up to you all as to what we do next... After a few good ideas are in we'll have a poll and vote the winning answer in. Thanks :)

Re: Banker Top 5 Change & Discussion Dont want to be shot down in flames in for this but this only my opinion. Personally the reason I dont bother with bankers thread anymore is because too many rules and regulations. Thats too late, thats too bigger price, thats this and the other. All that seems to happen now is about 5 people put up the shortest price horses of the day up with no reasoning which to me dosent benifit anyone.(hense the reason only two selections today) you've slated people that much in the past for trying to be more inventive they have all become like lemings and the rules now restrict punters to a few horse per day. I think it would be much better as a naps thread with no restrictions on price and option to stake an amount I.E 1 -5 pts stake, but hey that's just my opinion.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.