NBL Basketball - Round 19 (Jan. 22nd - 28th)

Schedule
s.gif
s.gif
Round 19 (All times local at venue)
s.gif
Monday, January 22, 2007
Match (Home v Away)VenueTimeTV
>HawksvKingsWIN Entertainment Centre - Wollongong07:40PM AEDT
s.gif
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
BreakersvSlingersNorth Shore Events Centre - Auckland07:00PM NZDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
BulletsvDragonsBrisbane Convention Centre06:34PM AESTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
s.gif
Thursday, January 25, 2007
RazorbacksvKingsSydney Olympic Park Sports Centre08:00PM AEDT
WildcatsvHawksChallenge Stadium - Perth07:00PM AWST
CrocodilesvTigersTownsville Entertainment Centre08:00PM AEST
s.gif
Saturday, January 27, 2007
TigersvSlingersState Netball Hockey Centre - Melbourne07:30PM AEDT
36ersvBulletsDistinctive Homes Dome - Adelaide07:04PM CDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
HawksvBreakersWIN Entertainment Centre - Wollongong07:40PM AEDT
TaipansvCrocodilesCairns Convention Centre07:40PM AEST
s.gif
Sunday, January 28, 2007
WildcatsvDragonsChallenge Stadium - Perth04:00PM AWST
KingsvTigersSydney Entertainment Centre06:04PM AEDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 19 (Jan. 22nd - 28th)

Schedule
s.gif
s.gif
Round 19 (All times local at venue)
s.gif
Monday' date=' January 22, 2007
HawksvKingsWIN Entertainment Centre - Wollongong07:40PM AEDT
s.gif
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
BreakersvSlingersNorth Shore Events Centre - Auckland07:00PM NZDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
BulletsvDragonsBrisbane Convention Centre06:34PM AESTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
s.gif
Thursday, January 25, 2007
RazorbacksvKingsSydney Olympic Park Sports Centre08:00PM AEDT
WildcatsvHawksChallenge Stadium - Perth07:00PM AWST
CrocodilesvTigersTownsville Entertainment Centre08:00PM AEST
s.gif
Saturday, January 27, 2007
TigersvSlingersState Netball Hockey Centre - Melbourne07:30PM AEDT
36ersvBulletsDistinctive Homes Dome - Adelaide07:04PM CDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
HawksvBreakersWIN Entertainment Centre - Wollongong07:40PM AEDT
TaipansvCrocodilesCairns Convention Centre07:40PM AEST
s.gif
Sunday, January 28, 2007
WildcatsvDragonsChallenge Stadium - Perth04:00PM AWST
KingsvTigersSydney Entertainment Centre06:04PM AEDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
HAWKS vs KINGS Hey ads, After a successful weekend hawks vs kings to start the week off and i think the helpless hawks will be given a lesson by the kings tonight at the sandpit. STARTING 5 HAWKS: Cortez Groves, Matt Campbell, Glen Saville, Adam Ballinger, Casey Frank, STARTING 5 KINGS: Ed Scott, Jason Smith, Mark Worthington, Russell Hinder, Ian Crosswhite BENCH HAWKS: Tony Rampton, Ben Castle, John Philip, Daniel Joyce, Kieran Gleeson KINGS BENCH: Luke Kendall, Jerome Beasley, Brad Sheridan, Cameron Tovey, Bj Carter MY TIP: Kings hd2hd @ 1.65 Goodluck, and what does everyone think?

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 19 (Jan. 22nd - 28th) Wollongong vs Sydney Early start to what is a long round with the Hawks hosting the Kings. This will be Brian Gorjans 651st game in charge of Sydney equaling the league record currently owned by Lindasy Gaze so Sydney will be pumped of for their super coach. Sydneys performance on Saturday night after they annihilated Adelaide by 40 points in a clinical display suggests to me Sydney will be way to strong for Wollongong who lost on the same night to Brisbane by 35 points. The way Sydney went about destroying Adelaide shows that they arent finished with yet for 2007 and are pressing hard for a top 4 spot now that Townsville lost 2 games in a row last round. Sydney will be desperate to win this game and will come out hard and fast from the start. The best part of Sydneys performance Saturday was the promising for of big man and former NBA player Jerome Beasley, this guy played a super game scoring 15 points and collecting 17 rebounds but the amazing thing is he played only 24 minutes whcih is half a game. Brian Gorjan has a habit of rotating his team around and seems to keep his players fresh, this fact was proven last round as Mark Worthington played the most minutes and that was only 28 minutes. Wollongongs season still hangs on the line as they are only 0.06% outside of the 8 so they will also be very motivated to win. If they can get their big 3 working in Glen Saville, Cortez Groves & Adam Ballinger all working together like they did against the Breakers & Crocodiles then they are a chance for a decent showing here. I see this match going right down the wire, but believe Sydney will ultimately win overall as their skill will shine through. Good price for the Sydney win here tonight at $1.78 with Centrebet and i think we can find even more value in the Under 10.5 market with them at $2.75 as i believe it will be close. The way both these teams have played recently suggests this could be a high scoring affair too, 9 of the Hawks 13 games at home have been over 201.5 points which is the points line for this game, while 7 of Sydneys 14 road games have been over 201.5. But Sydney hit 115 against the 36'ers last round and Wollongong have scored triple figures in 8 of its last 9. I suggest this one will go over 201.5 Computer Generated Prediction:

Hawks2425252599
Kings27252525102
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Sydney Win at $1.78 - (6/10) Sydney Under 10.5 at $2.75 - (4/10) Total Points Over 201.5 at $1.90 - (5/10)

TARTING 5 HAWKS: Cortez Groves, Matt Campbell, Glen Saville, Adam Ballinger, Casey Frank, STARTING 5 KINGS: Ed Scott, Jason Smith, Mark Worthington, Russell Hinder, Ian Crosswhite BENCH HAWKS: Tony Rampton, Ben Castle, John Philip, Daniel Joyce, Kieran Gleeson KINGS BENCH: Luke Kendall, Jerome Beasley, Brad Sheridan, Cameron Tovey, Bj Carter
Looking at those teams lists suggests this will be a very entertaining game, and a high scoring one too id imagine. The Hawks starting 5 have some incredible players, Cortez Groves being the stand out, but they just seem to lack team chemistry. While that Sydney starting 5 is a very very good line up, the fact they can put Kendall & Beasley on the bench to start shows they have tremendous depth coming into the playoffs. Expect that Sydney bench to be rotated all night

;695094']Oh well' date=' NBL.com.au it is then.[/quote'] I am getting sick of foxtel not covering the nbl. There were no games over the weekend and other than big Wednesday theres hardly any games on! FOXTEL GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

I am getting sick of foxtel not covering the nbl. There were no games over the weekend and other than big Wednesday theres hardly any games on! FOXTEL GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!
Fox are contracted to televise a maximum of 3 games per round. Last week they only showed 2 games but they are making up for it this round by showing 4 games including Wednesdays double header (first time for the season i think?) Channel 9 got in on the action earlier in the season to show a highlights program Sunday morning, but its usually just an edited replay of the Saturday night before. For Australia's premier basketball league which is gaining more and more in popularity every year, this kind of coverage simply is not good enough and i believe its something the league really need to rectify. With the expansion of the league to places like Singapore, New Zealand and new teams on the Gold Coast and Melbourne, it really has become a big league now. They should look at showing at least 4 or 5 games a round in my opinion, but i guess its the age old problem in the end and thats money...

Fox are contracted to televise a maximum of 3 games per round. Last week they only showed 2 games but they are making up for it this round by showing 4 games including Wednesdays double header (first time for the season i think?) Channel 9 got in on the action earlier in the season to show a highlights program Sunday morning, but its usually just an edited replay of the Saturday night before. For Australia's premier basketball league which is gaining more and more in popularity every year, this kind of coverage simply is not good enough and i believe its something the league really need to rectify. With the expansion of the league to places like Singapore, New Zealand and new teams on the Gold Coast and Melbourne, it really has become a big league now. They should look at showing at least 4 or 5 games a round in my opinion, but i guess its the age old problem in the end and thats money...
I agree ads it's just not good enough. Look at the nrl,afl,a-league they get every game televised so why can't they televise all nbl? I would love to see foxtel bring in another 2 sports channels dedicated to live sports matches! KINGS down by 18 at the break!:cry :@ Come on Boys rally in the 3rd and 4th qtr.:spank

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 19 (Jan. 22nd - 28th) Could not agree more about Foxtel's coverage. The NBL coverage is pretty poor, but I feel the same about most sports to be honest. Even the NRL for instance - 1 Saturday 7:30 game and 1 of the Sunday 3pm games will not be live. They've got Fox Sports Active going for the Aussie Open and you can choose between matches, but no such option for the NRL. Same goes for the Premier League - I'd love them to show 2 and even 3 of the Saturday 3pm (UK Time) games. Rant Over :$

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 19 (Jan. 22nd - 28th) OHH YEAH go those mighty kings! What a win coming from 76-60, 3/4 time deficet to overcome the Hawks 84-88. ADAM BALLINGER went for a game high 25 points while MATT CAMPBELL was 2nd best for the hawks scoring 16 points. Sydney import ED SCOTT top scored for sydney with 21 points while LUKE KENDALL and MARK WORTHINGTON both had 17 for the kings.

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 19 (Jan. 22nd - 28th) Incredible win, just absolutely amazing. Never have i seen a comeback like that in my life of following sports. For those that follow AFL, this is the equivelant of Essendons comeback win over Kangaroos about half a decade ago. Sydney down by 17 points with 4 minutes remaining and come back to win by 4, and at $2.70 to win under 10.5 :eek :eek :eek

Incredible win, just absolutely amazing. Never have i seen a comeback like that in my life of following sports. For those that follow AFL, this is the equivelant of Essendons comeback win over Kangaroos about half a decade ago. Sydney down by 17 points with 4 minutes remaining and come back to win by 4, and at $2.70 to win under 10.5 :eek :eek :eek
Yeah what a win i have a 4 leg multi going. SYDNEY 1-10/Maria Sharapova/NADAL/New Zealand in the cricket. If this wins this will be my 3rd collect in 5 days, all wins over 5 grand!

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 19 (Jan. 22nd - 28th) No it wasn't Sydney was back in the game about 6 minutes to go in 4th quarter, at the end of 3rd quarter they were down by 16. They limited hawks to only 7 points in 4th quarter! :)

Incredible win, just absolutely amazing. Never have i seen a comeback like that in my life of following sports. For those that follow AFL, this is the equivelant of Essendons comeback win over Kangaroos about half a decade ago. Sydney down by 17 points with 4 minutes remaining and come back to win by 4, and at $2.70 to win under 10.5 :eek :eek :eek
Ads i think it was a 16 point deficet a 3/4 time. Kings were 3 points behind with 6 minutes left

Wollongong vs Sydney Early start to what is a long round with the Hawks hosting the Kings. This will be Brian Gorjans 651st game in charge of Sydney equaling the league record currently owned by Lindasy Gaze so Sydney will be pumped of for their super coach. Sydneys performance on Saturday night after they annihilated Adelaide by 40 points in a clinical display suggests to me Sydney will be way to strong for Wollongong who lost on the same night to Brisbane by 35 points. The way Sydney went about destroying Adelaide shows that they arent finished with yet for 2007 and are pressing hard for a top 4 spot now that Townsville lost 2 games in a row last round. Sydney will be desperate to win this game and will come out hard and fast from the start. The best part of Sydneys performance Saturday was the promising for of big man and former NBA player Jerome Beasley, this guy played a super game scoring 15 points and collecting 17 rebounds but the amazing thing is he played only 24 minutes whcih is half a game. Brian Gorjan has a habit of rotating his team around and seems to keep his players fresh, this fact was proven last round as Mark Worthington played the most minutes and that was only 28 minutes. Wollongongs season still hangs on the line as they are only 0.06% outside of the 8 so they will also be very motivated to win. If they can get their big 3 working in Glen Saville, Cortez Groves & Adam Ballinger all working together like they did against the Breakers & Crocodiles then they are a chance for a decent showing here. I see this match going right down the wire, but believe Sydney will ultimately win overall as their skill will shine through. Good price for the Sydney win here tonight at $1.78 with Centrebet and i think we can find even more value in the Under 10.5 market with them at $2.75 as i believe it will be close. The way both these teams have played recently suggests this could be a high scoring affair too, 9 of the Hawks 13 games at home have been over 201.5 points which is the points line for this game, while 7 of Sydneys 14 road games have been over 201.5. But Sydney hit 115 against the 36'ers last round and Wollongong have scored triple figures in 8 of its last 9. I suggest this one will go over 201.5 Computer Generated Prediction:
Hawks2425252599
Kings27252525102
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Sydney Win at $1.78 - (6/10) Sydney Under 10.5 at $2.75 - (4/10) Total Points Over 201.5 at $1.90 - (5/10)
nice picks ads followed the sydney by 1-10, my god your sysmtem is a winner!:notworthy

nice picks ads followed the sydney by 1-10' date=' my god your sysmtem is a winner!:notworthy[/quote'] Cheers mate. Was at a very good price too with $2.75!! The game was a lot more low scoring than i projected, but was only 1 point off the final margin so ecstatic with that :loon

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 19 (Jan. 22nd - 28th) Brisbane vs Sth Dragons The first game of tonights double header which are both televised live on Foxtel, so will be a big night for NBL fans with Pay TV! This first one may be a bit of a fizzer as Brisbanes form at the moment is fantastic as they have won their past 12 games straight (the league record) and havnt lost on their home court since Mid-October. They have actually won 14 of 15 games at home which is just to show how dominant they are here, but the thing about the Bullets is that when they get to a big lead early they dont usually slack off, they will go on with it and if you take a look at their margins 16 of their 22 wins this year have been double digit wins. They average 113 for and 100 against overall (114-96 at home) so those figures are just to show you how dominant they have been this season. Any team that contains the likes of CJ Bruton, Steve Black, Mark Bradtke and the amazing Sam McKinnon, they are always going to be very tough to beat. But its not these big name players that make them so good, its their depth on the bench that has seen them tower over clubs this season as their 'bench' players are capable of getting a start in most clubs starting 5 in the league. The Dragons know how tough this match is going to be so i think they will come into this match with a 'nothing to lose' kind of attititude and just play their fast running attacking game which has troubled several teams this season. Once Kavossy Franklin & Rosell Ellis start firing and you have Shane Heal dropping in thress from the perimiter as he so often does, you have a team that is capable of getting results. Joe Ingles has rookie of the year sown up after an incredible season for the 19 year old. The Dragons are currently 7th and a couple more wins will ensure they make the playoffs in their innaugral year, but the fact 9 of their 15 losses have been double digit losses and add on top the might of the Bullets, it suggests to me the Bullets will win and will win by a good margin at that. Brisbane are $1.04 so no point even bothering with that. They are $1.46 to win Over 10.5 which makes it very difficult to find value in this match. The only value you will find is in the lines which are -15.5 and -17.5 at $1.90 and $2.10 and they are very high lines to cover and ive come unstuck before trying to cover these kind of lines. I am not extremely confident here but believe Brisbane will come close to covering 15.5 so will stake small with that. Also the Total Points Line is at 216.5 points, again a very high line which is tough to pick. I have the game at around 210 points. Its worth pointing out here that 11 of Brisbanes 27 games have ended over 216.5 and 9 of Dragons 28 games have ended over 216.5 so combined that equals 20 of 55 games which really suggests this will end under the line. Computer Generated Prediction:

Bullets28282828112
Dragons2524232698
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Brisbane Over 10.5 at $1.46 - (8/10) Brisbane -15.5 at $1.90 - (2/10) Total Points Under 216.5 at $1.90 - (5/10)

Hey ads any chance of getting the picks tonight for big wednesday because i am going to put it in my mutlis with some nba bets that kickoff early in the morning? thanks
Damm ads just i typed this message your picks came up! lol perfect timing