Staking Strategy

davidc

Staking Strategy  

1. 1.

• Change nothing and keep betting the same way.
    • Only back selections within the winning odds range (i.e. 1.72 - 2.1).
    • Increase stakes within the winning odds range (i.e. 1.72 - 2.1) or reduce stakes outside this range.
    • Use the best odds range for each of the selection methods and change the stakes accordingly
    • Any other suggestions.

Over the last 7 months by using various strategies, systems, selection methods and tipsters with bets in all sorts of sports and using a wide range of odds (1.08- 41 to be exact), I have a yield of 3.83% in 3401 bets with a strike rate of 57.5% @ average odds 1.94. If I use only the odds range 1.72 - 2.1, which has produced the bulk of the winning bets, my yield increases to 10.92% in 1487 bets with a strike rate of 58.8% @ average odds 1.86. I employ variable stakes for each strategy, system, selection method or tipster that I use and these are reviewed on a regular (now fortnightly, previously monthly) basis. If the strategy, system, selection method or tipster has lost a certain % in the last review period then the stake is reduced; conversely if it shows a certain % profit then the stake is increased. My Poll question is: Given the above stats what would you do?