Poker trackers and software

gavham

Re: Poker trackers and software

I've heard there are a lot of fish on pkr' date=' is that true? If so you must be raking it in.... And i may have a gander at it later..[/quote'] I was farting around at Stars trying to be disciplined. I donked and titled away my Stars roll (not my poker roll, just the stars roll I tried to take seriously :lol). Had some PKR money in the account when I was trying it out so played there and the game is quite easy. A LOT of fish around - wont post any HH's here though as it's not the place. Any set that you flop on a board with no big flush draws should generally pay you off quite handsomely.

I was farting around at Stars trying to be disciplined. I donked and titled away my Stars roll (not my poker roll' date=' just the stars roll I tried to take seriously :lol). Had some PKR money in the account when I was trying it out so played there and the game is quite easy. A LOT of fish around - wont post any HH's here though as it's not the place. Any set that you flop on a board with no big flush draws should generally pay you off quite handsomely.[/quote'] Cheers fella. And yeah Stars is notoriously tough, but i'll have a gander at pkr, and most likely turn into a fish myself :lol.

Re: Poker trackers and software I heard someone earlier refer to playing on Pkr as playing in fish tanks not tables. Never a truer word spoken :lol The animations completely deflect from the cards and it can be VERY hard to keep track of what is actually happening. In one instance i won a big pot and couldn't find out what the other guy had, after 5mins of searching all the rhubarb which surrounds the table i finally see that he mucked his hand and i have no idea of knowning what he had unlike on other poker sites where you can check the hand histories this one had virtually nothing on that i could see :unsure. I doubled up v quick on there with top pair which was called by a fella who had bottom pair deuces, yet he seemed quite peed off about it :lol... Quite a gimmicky thing but not for playing true poker imho. Oh yeh and one guy got the bullets 3 times in 5minutes!!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Poker trackers and software Even though i've had a few problems with the free trial i'll try the chance to get poker office free for a year after signing up with Titan, just need to get up to 250pts then hopefully i should get it for a year :hope This comes after i finally managed to get the hand histories into it but it only shows 300hands with the free trial which was pointless and the $75 or whatever it was seemed a bit steep so i'm chancing my arm as it were. Another good thing is Titan uses the same interface as PaddyPower so i feel reight at home so the points should come quick!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Poker trackers and software I'm also going to endorse Poker Tracker. I started getting some decent results with only using the 1,000 demo. The $55 purchase price for the Hold em version seemed real good value to me. But I downloaded a torrent of a slightly older version off Bit torrent, used the key gen program then applied latest patch, viola free fully functional version of poker tracker :>

Re: Poker trackers and software I tried a torrent version before, but PT evolves so quickly/poker rooms change their hand history structure so often, I think you'll find it quickly out of date and unable to be used at your favourite room..... My view is that it's worth the $55 just to have the up to date version....

Re: Poker trackers and software I agree, but you can apply the latest patch to the torrent version and get all the features. I'm running 2.16.02b :ok I know it's wrong to pirate software like this, but I'm running a project to turn $200 into $1,000 at lowish limit cash games. Inspired by your thread here http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48281 actually. Taking 25%+ of my bankroll off the table to purchase support software wasn't really on for me. Perhaps if I hit my targets...

• 1 year later...

Re: Poker trackers and software I think there's an $11 discount on PT3 if you have PT2 that's more than 1 year old. I would question the benefit of PT for tournaments - it's really a cash game tool - the details in tournaments are less valuable. Having said that, if you play $30 STTs it only has to give you that little gem of information twice that moves you from 2nd to 1st and it's paid for itself.....

I think there's an $11 discount on PT3 if you have PT2 that's more than 1 year old. I would question the benefit of PT for tournaments - it's really a cash game tool - the details in tournaments are less valuable. Having said that, if you play $30 STTs it only has to give you that little gem of information twice that moves you from 2nd to 1st and it's paid for itself.....
I've used it on STT's (although I play mainly 2 Tables STT's) - Using the HUD gives you an idea of the hand ranges people are playing, if you use the VP% - OK its probably over a very small number No. of hands but it can still be beneficial. Also on such as FT you can 'Observe' the other tables in the SNG and have stats on the others building up for when the tables coverge. Take the option of the 60 day trial and see what you think