Nrl 2007

Im fairly new to this forum and dont know if there is a big league following on it... im assuming there might be a few with the huge support of the Aleage and NBL threads... So if anyone has any thoughts or predictions put em up and we'll try to make it a profitable season.... :ok The Gold Coast Titans come into the competition and i think they have the makings of a pretty solid team.... Prince and campbell in the halves could be very dangerous... handy outside backs with carney from newcastle, peterson form parramatta, jake webster from melbourne, and could this be the time for chris walker to shine? Luke Bailey leads a solid but not flashy forward pack but i think they will go ok.... A top 8 finish isn't out of the question for this team.. The premiers, the Mighty Broncos have suffered the loss of club stalwart and perhaps the greatest or nearly greatest frontrower the game has ever seen with the retirement of shane webcke. A player like webcke cant be replaced but i believe the broncos have adequate players in carlaw, hannant, eastwood, and sam thaiday to at least cover the hole. the loss of casey mcguire should be underestimated as he has been a super utility player for the broncos over the last few years. Petro had one of his best seasons last year, as did justin hodges. Shaun Berrigan (along with hodges) was one of the main reasons the broncos surged home in the last 8 weeks and through to the final. And last but not least we have the champion of the team Darren Lockyer. A superb season from lockyer last year and i believe he is getting better with age and has grown into the role of leader and number 6. And we cant forget the super coach wayne bennet. He has worked his magic over this team for about 18 years and he can deffinitley get this team up and ready. I see no reason why the Broncos cant go back to back and they have done it before in '92/'93 and '97'98. well thats all ive got for tonight but ill be back over the next few days and weeks with thoughts and general ramblings... :loon thanks for having me.... :ok

Re: Nrl 2007 :welcome to Punters Lounge Conndoh and look forward to your posts in the future. Aussie sports have really taken off in recent times in here and i see no reason why NRL cant either. Cant say i have followed NRL too much but ill be keeping a close eye on it this year as i udnerstand there are plenty of markets available to win some money in this league. Keep up the good work :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.