Cricket: NZ vs Sri Lanka ODI & Twenty20 Series

A 5 match ODI series and 2 Twenty20 Internationals begin at 6am UK time Friday morning and again, just like the test matches, these matches are all live on Sky Sports. Schedule

Fri 22 icon-daynight_13x11.gif1st T20I - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Tue 26 2nd T20I - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Eden Park, Auckland
Thu 28 1st ODI - New Zealand v Sri Lanka McLean Park, Napier
Sun 31 2nd ODI - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Queenstown Events Centre
January 2007
Tue 2 3rd ODI - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Jade Stadium, Christchurch
Sat 6 icon-daynight_13x11.gif4th ODI - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Eden Park, Auckland
Tue 9 icon-daynight_13x11.gif5th ODI - New Zealand v Sri Lanka Seddon Park, Hamilton

Re: Cricket: NZ vs Sri Lanka ODI & Twenty20 Series 2 bets for me in the 1st Twenty20 match. 10pts Sri Lanka to win 1st Twenty20 5/6 Bet365 Both these sides have played Twenty20 internationals, New Zealand have played 3 matches, Sri Lanka just the 1, which they won against England in the summer. New Zealand are experimenting a little with their side in these Twenty20 matches. Shane Bond will play this game but not the next and Daniel Vettori has got the 2 games off. Peter McGlashan will take the gloves for these games and Brendan McCullum is to be tried out as opener. New Zealand are still riddled with injury so this is very much a patched up side. Peter Fulton and Andre Adams return to the squad for these 2 games. Sri Lanka will be on a bit of a high after demolishing the Kiwi's at the Basin Reserve in Wellington in the test match. This match is in the other stadium in Wellington but Sri Lanka will be well settled into their tour now. They have a very long batting lineup which over 20 overs could be very dangerous. If Jayasuriya gets going it could be carnage and the game will be over such is his rate of scoring. Sangakkara was in superb form in the test series. It's unlikely the Sri Lankans will risk Murali and Vaas but they have enough bowlers to get through the Kiwi's without them. Here you've got a weakened side against a full strength one and lining the 2 batting lineup's next to each other it's a no contest. With that in mind and the fact that NZ are experimenting here I take the visitors to win. 4pts B.McCullum Top NZ Bat 5/1 Skybet Brendan McCullum is to be tried as an opener for these Twenty20 matches. County criicket followers will know how explosive he can be as he showed when playing for Glamorgan in the summer. He's a very big hitter and is easily capable of scoring with a strike rate high in the 100's and even into the 200's. I'm sure they will give him a free rein to swing the bat, he'll be fairly confident having scored a few runs in the 2nd test match recently and with New Zealand not having their strongest batting lineup out I'm happy to take this hard hitting batsman for top bat.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.