APC $1 million in Goa India

gavham

Just wondering if anyone can help, i'm going to the APC in Goa and booked flights today, just found out i need a visa. does anyone know anything about this and has anyone been to India before to give me the lowdown? i was on the consulates web site and they are saying its a very dangerous place, terrorists, bombs, kidnapp etc any info would be appreciated?

Re: APC $1 million in Goa India

Just wondering if anyone can help, i'm going to the APC in Goa and booked flights today, just found out i need a visa. does anyone know anything about this and has anyone been to India before to give me the lowdown? i was on the consulates web site and they are saying its a very dangerous place, terrorists, bombs, kidnapp etc any info would be appreciated?
the more i think about it, it sounds just like home! cheers Joe btw

Re: APC $1 million in Goa India I noticed last night on spodds that you'd bought direct into it - you spawny git :tongue2 , got no tips on Goa other than curry was actually invented by the British forces whilst that part of the world was part of the British Empire back in the 1800's, so forget all this rubbish about having a foreign takeaway - its all home grown food. Whilst I think on, I'm sure I read somewhere that pasta was first manufactured in Manchester - Italians eh - Ive p*ssed em. Good luck :ok

got no tips on Goa other than curry was actually invented by the British forces whilst that part of the world was part of the British Empire back in the 1800's, so forget all this rubbish about having a foreign takeaway - its all home grown food. Whilst I think on, I'm sure I read somewhere that pasta was first manufactured in Manchester - Italians eh - Ive p*ssed em. Good luck :ok
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin Oh my, where's PnB when you need him. :loon Merry Christmas Gramps. :ok

Re: APC $1 million in Goa India Mole, Firstly, a visa is relatively easy to obtain. I assume by the avatar you're in Scotland. If so, the best place is Edinburgh. You can turn up in the morning with your completed application and collect later that day. Costs 30 pounds. You can also apply by post but this is a very busy time of year and it can take a few weeks. Full details and visa forms can be found here http://www.cgiedinburgh.org/Default.shtml If you need any help with it, drop me a PM. Goa is a wonderful and very, very safe place to go with regard to any form of crime. I'll be very surprised if you even glimpse one of India's finest in the time you're there. I've been going there for ten years (one of the reasons I moved here) and can honestly say I have not seen one criminal act. The only concern would be that there are reports in the Indian media of a potential terrorist attack during the xmas/new year period. I would normally dismiss this as it has done the rounds each year since the Bali bombings. However, this year it is the Israeli security service that has issued the warning and it therefore seems to have a bit more credibility. I for one do not let these threats affect the way I live by giving into terrorist threats and hope you do likewise. Goa itself as a destination is both beautiful and vibrant. Great beaches, wonderful nightlife and drink is cheap and plentiful. Let me know what dates you're there, as my wife and I may be able to pop over for the weekend and a mini-PL meet-up. Once again, if you want any more info, PM me. I'll be happy to oblige. Have a great time :beer

Mole, Firstly, a visa is relatively easy to obtain. I assume by the avatar you're in Scotland. If so, the best place is Edinburgh. You can turn up in the morning with your completed application and collect later that day. Costs 30 pounds. You can also apply by post but this is a very busy time of year and it can take a few weeks. Full details and visa forms can be found here http://www.cgiedinburgh.org/Default.shtml If you need any help with it, drop me a PM. Goa is a wonderful and very, very safe place to go with regard to any form of crime. I'll be very surprised if you even glimpse one of India's finest in the time you're there. I've been going there for ten years (one of the reasons I moved here) and can honestly say I have not seen one criminal act. The only concern would be that there are reports in the Indian media of a potential terrorist attack during the xmas/new year period. I would normally dismiss this as it has done the rounds each year since the Bali bombings. However, this year it is the Israeli security service that has issued the warning and it therefore seems to have a bit more credibility. I for one do not let these threats affect the way I live by giving into terrorist threats and hope you do likewise. Goa itself as a destination is both beautiful and vibrant. Great beaches, wonderful nightlife and drink is cheap and plentiful. Let me know what dates you're there, as my wife and I may be able to pop over for the weekend and a mini-PL meet-up. Once again, if you want any more info, PM me. I'll be happy to oblige. Have a great time :beer
Hows the job for the tourist information going then Trev? Sold me mate, if i dont wangle a passenger seat off any qualifiers i may get a flight over myself anyway!

• 3 weeks later...