PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III

darklord55

Guest mikelott

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III Hi, glad i remembered the forum name and found this thread. I'm the guy who knocked you out Lou so sorry about that (it's ok Mike - don't mention it) It was nice to meet you - even though it was short lived - and I loved your reply to Mike's applause: "Well I'm getting drunk! - What are you doing?" Oh, and just for the sake of journalistic accuracy it was a Jh 7d 8h flop and I had 5h 6h so I wasn't going anywhere with my 15 outs... if it makes you feel any better. Anyway, I agree that the tournament was great (if it did become a bit of a crapshoot at the end) and I'm looking forward to seeing what the forum has to offer.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III

Hi, glad i remembered the forum name and found this thread. I'm the guy who knocked you out Lou so sorry about that (it's ok Mike - don't mention it) It was nice to meet you - even though it was short lived - and I loved your reply to Mike's applause: "Well I'm getting drunk! - What are you doing?" Oh, and just for the sake of journalistic accuracy it was a Jh 7d 8h flop and I had 5h 6h so I wasn't going anywhere with my 15 outs... if it makes you feel any better. Anyway, I agree that the tournament was great (if it did become a bit of a crapshoot at the end) and I'm looking forward to seeing what the forum has to offer.
:welcome Mike, pleased you found us. Did I get you a drink for that 65 btw ;)

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III Well done, Mike. And well done everyone else for making it a great night. This weekend has taken its toll so I'm going to leave before I start talking gibberish. Rick Dacey Deputy Editor PokerPlayer magazine

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III HAHAHAHA! Hey Cloud! I know you are always talking about this place, so when I stumbled accross it yesterday, I thought it would be worth checking out and you were absolutely correct. Great place and great people! :nana btw, if anyone gets chance, go and say happy birthday to clouds poker-blog!!!! ATB BM p.s. You recognise the avatar? ;o)

Thanks guys. Good to meet you too sir! It's always nice to put faces to names! I actually saw quite a few players with Punters Lounge t-shirts on at the tournament. So hello to you all! Also, I am pretty sure that happyhornet is the guy we spotted on the 4th floor of the Travel-lodge, laid out cold on the floor outside the lift, with his wallet and his room key-card out in-front of him! I tried to wake him, but to no avail. We then went back down and contacted the front desk who said that they had also tried to wake him, but they couldn't get him to move. I do hope you were not robbed mate, but the travel-lodge reception guys seemed dead cagey when I mentioned you and told me you were a regular who did this sort of thing often??? Considering I had seen you at the poker I didnt particularly believe this. I gotta be honest, they made me very suspicious. When we got back up to where you were there was another couple there (he was aking me how I got on, so he must have been playing poker too) and she put your card-key back into your wallet and pushed it underneath you, you still wouldn't wake up so we decided it best to leave you to sleep it off. If I can be of any further assistance let me know. ATB Burnleymik
:welcome to Pl Mik. Oh boy, it keeps getting better doesn't it. Yes, I was the unconscious fool. Thank you :ok for the attempts to raise me from the dead. I think getting up at 5am, doing a full day's work, travelling to London, and then consuming about seventeen gallons of wine probably had their toll on me. Anyway, you'll all be pleased to know that I am virtually teetotal now........virtually on a monday...tuesday... :lol .

Guest mikelott

:welcome Mike, pleased you found us. Did I get you a drink for that 65 btw ;)
No, I don't believe you did..... Remember, position is everything, especially when you have chips

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III Hi all, Thats me just back in Aberdeen, had spent the weekend in London with my Fiance, what a weekend, arrived at Luton Airport on a dodgy easyjet then got a bus all the way to London before transferring onto a underground train to canary wharf, in which it was my fiance's first time, then after hunting everywhere finally finding our hotel, Britannia International, we got to our rooms and bloody hell they were so small, i thought im paying £85 to sleep in a shoe box. We then went out for a walk before getting ready for night time, we ordered a taxi to take us to the venue, the taxi driver did not know where it was, so we got dropped off in the middle of canary wharf, tried in vain to flag a taxi down who knew where the city bunker was, after 5 taxis we finally found a driver who knew where to go. When we got there we could not believe we were so close to the venue. Before the evening of poker started we got to the bar and got our free drinks. Finally we all sat down to start playing, i had 1 bounty on my table Shafty78 (Mark), i managed to get a big percentage of his chips off of him but thinking now should of put him all in as the flop was 8 9 10 turn was J and river was K, i was holding JK and Mark was holding A 10 i was panicking in case he had a queen but he didnt so phew. I moved tables just after dinner and i was sitting with, Dicey, Tallulah, K_Unknown and Ben Grundy. I was so excited as i eventually knocked out the poker pro Ben Grundy, but i ended up losing about 30 mins later. I would just like to say to all the poker player staff and betfair staff it was a fun evening and cant wait to come to grand prix 1111. On the Saturday and Sunday i was just sightseeing with my fiance and it was really hot. See you all soon at the tables. David Cox

• 3 weeks later...

Re: PokerPlayer Betfair Grand Prix III I,m just relieved that my golf swing did,nt make the final cut:$ Only watched it without sound at the moment untill I power up the laptop, I was at least expecting happy hornets dell boy impression to have made the final cut or is that going to be on the X rated version;). BTW has mike decided yet what events he,s going to play in?

BTW has mike decided yet what events he' date='s going to play in?[/quote'] Still not decided tbh may start with either the GBPT Leeds or Sheffield festival both on or around the same time then probably the Welsh festival main event in Cardiff and then finish with a GUKPT event in Blackpool or the Midland Masters in Walsall