Mosconi Cup 2006

Europe vs USA as usual. 9 ball pool. In Rotterdam. 10pts Europe to win Mosconi Cup 7/4 Bet365 Europe are a nice price here. Recently in the World Pool Championships, USA had an awful time of it. None of their players made the last 32 of the tournament. Europe had a couple in the latter stages of that event including Ralf Souquet who made the final. Europe don't have a particularly good record in this event but with the tournament being in Holland this year and the poor record of the USA side in that World Championships, I think Europe are in with a good shout. Europe lineup with Immonen as skipper, Souquet, Van den Berg, Engert, Alcaide and Majid. USA go in with skipper Johnny Archer, Morris, Strickland, Deuel, Smith and Schmidt. 2 rookies on either side so there's no advantage there. There is a 30 second shot clock in play in this event which speeds play up. Immonen and Souquet in particular are class acts and I think the 2 sides are a bit more closely matched than normal. Home advantage could swing it. If Europe can get a team spirit going they'll be tough to beat and at this price I have to go with them in a fairly close race.

Re: Mosconi Cup 2006 Does sound worth a play at that price Kev. Good luck. 30 second shot clock. What clock are these players normally used to? I suppose it would be interesting to find out if one side was more lop sided than the other with slow or fast players.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.