Backing the fullbacks

Jonne

I'd like to try out something for a bit of fun, not trying with real money. What I'm going to do, is look at some matches in the premier league and back some of the strong defenders to score the first goal. I'm trying with a bank of 100 units and staking 1 on each bet. All bets will be with Betdirect, as they have each way bets on the 1'st goalscorer thing :) Bets for next week: Aston Villa - Middlesbrough: Mellberg @ 40/1 Ridgewell @ 28/1 Huth @ 40/1 Woodgate @ 40/1 Fulham - Reading: Sonko @ 40/1 Ingimarsson @ 33/1 Liverpool - City: Agger @ 33/1 Hyypia @ 33/1 Dunne @ 50/1 Newcastle - Portsmouth: Campbell @ 40/1 Man U - Chelski: Terry @ 22/1 Vidic @ 28/1 Ferdinand @ 40/1 Carvalho @ 50/1 Bolton - Arsenal: Gallas @ 33/1 Senderos @ 50/1 Total staked: 16 Bankroll left: 84

Re: Backing the fullbacks

Worth keeping a eye on defenders that take penalties.
Good point. And Pinho, that's true, but I've been wondering if the defenders were overpriced as first goalscorers for a long time, and needed to see if I was right :p

I'd like to try out something for a bit of fun, not trying with real money. What I'm going to do, is look at some matches in the premier league and back some of the strong defenders to score the first goal. I'm trying with a bank of 100 units and staking 1 on each bet. All bets will be with Betdirect, as they have each way bets on the 1'st goalscorer thing :) Bets for next week: Aston Villa - Middlesbrough: Mellberg @ 40/1 -1 Ridgewell @ 28/1 -1 Huth @ 40/1 -1 Woodgate @ 40/1 -1 Fulham - Reading: Sonko @ 40/1 -1 Ingimarsson @ 33/1 -1 Liverpool - City: Agger @ 33/1 -1 Hyypia @ 33/1 -1 Dunne @ 50/1 -1 Newcastle - Portsmouth: Campbell @ 40/1 -1 Man U - Chelski: Terry @ 22/1 -1 Vidic @ 28/1 -1 Ferdinand @ 40/1 -1 Carvalho @ 50/1 EW won, Profit of 16,67 (16,66666666667) Bolton - Arsenal: Gallas @ 33/1 Didn't play Senderos @ 50/1 -1 Total staked: 16 Bankroll left: 84
Total staked: 15 Total profit: 2,67 Bankroll left: 102,67 Profit: 17,8 %(2,67/15) Strike rate: 6,67 % (1/15) Started out okay, need a lot more bets to check out if it's profitable though.

Re: Backing the fullbacks Bets for tomorrow: Villa - City: Dunne @ 40 Mellberg @ 40 Bouma @ 40 Ridgewell @ 28 Fulham - Arsenal Senderos @ 33 Toure @ 28 Knight @ 66 Portsmouth - 'Pool Agger @ 28 Hyypia @ 33 Campbell @ 50 Man U - Everton Vidic @ 28 Ferdinand @ 33 Yobo @ 50 Bolton - Chelsea: The prices are a bit weak on the chelsea backs, but anyway:

Geremi 22/1
spacer.gif Terry, John cell_divider.gif 20/1
Carvalho @ 33 Total staked: 31 (16 this gameweek) Rest bank: 86 points.

so did you go for first or last scorer' date=' mate?[/quote'] Went for first this time, but will look into you guys suggestions friday, just had no time when I made the second round of bets, so I went with what I started out with :)

Re: Backing the fullbacks Don't most full-back goals come as a result of corners, either directly or indirectly? If so, what about combining this idea with some corner stats, say bet on defenders that play for teams with a high Corners For count, or when playing against teams with a high Corners Against count?

Don't most full-back goals come as a result of corners' date=' either directly or indirectly? If so, what about combining this idea with some corner stats, say bet on defenders that play for teams with a high Corners For count, or when playing against teams with a high Corners Against count?[/quote'] I'll try looking at Paul Ross' stats for these things :) And I'll fix up the yield and so on tomorrow, too tired today and off to work soon :)

Yep' date=' full-backs play wide (a la Ashley Cole). My suggestion of using corner stats really applies to centre backs I reckon.[/quote'] The plan was to back the centre-backs ;p Will have to get back to this for the next gameweek, really short on time these days :|