Tennis Season 2007 News

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News Tim Henman Henman is currently recovering from a knee injury and is going to play an exhibition match in London vs Mark Philippoussis to check out if he needs more recovering or if he's OK to go. Blake eyes Grand Slams After reaching the finals in the Masters, Blakes says he's confident about next year and is going to work hard for reaching far in both the Australian & US Open. Federer beat Nadal again Federer beat Nadal yet another time when he beat Nadal for the second time in less than a week with 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 victory in an exhibition match in South Korea last night. Malaga Masters of Tennis The best Spanish players are gettin together December 1-3 in Malaga to honour Albert Costa who retired earlier this year. Hopefully there will be a channel that will air the matches. Davydenko, Ljubicic & Baghdatis are now confirmed for Qatar Open Carlos Moya targeting 600 wins Moya who didn't have the best ending of this years says he's looking forward to his 600th win before retiring and has confirmed his participation in the Chennai Open in January 1-7 together with Nadal and Nalbandian.

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News I think 2007 will be the year of Svetlana KUZNETSOVA.She was not very successful in 2006 because she was injured in 2005 and at the start of the year 2006 she was not fully fit.And she played too much tournoments in 2006.She played 22 tournoments.Sharapova played 15 ,henin played 13,mauresmo played 17 tournoments in 2006.Now at the start of 2007 Kuznetsova will be healthy and she won't play too much tournoment in 2007.I think she will be in top 3 in 2007.Now she is world number 4 but there is too much point difference between world number 3.

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News It's always an issue the numer of tournament the players choose to play... I'm expecting more from Berdych, Murray, Gasquet, Monfils, Djokovic and Coria..but they have to stop being chokers. I'm also looking forward to see Ryan Sweeting in action. He has won the Junior US Open and has turned pro and has got a deal with IMG. He surely must be talented because I don't think they hand over money to anyone just like that. Or do they?..If they do, where do I sign up?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News Unibet has released 2007 games... I picked out a couple of intresting ones for you that don't mind waiting all year. Baghdatis - Year-end ranking Under 21.5 - 1.85 Baghdatis is currently ranked 12th but I really don't expect him to drop more then 10 positions on the ranking. Calleri - Year-end ranking Under 37.5 - 1.85 Calleri is currently ranked 29th and I don't think he's going to get passed by players like Verdasco, Henman and Rochus. Canas - Year-end ranking Above 26.5 - 1.85 Canas has won a couple of challengers this year, but they where all in South America and his currently ranked 143th and I can't see him finish above 26th place. Hewitt - Year-end ranking Above 10.5 - 1.85 Hewitt is currently ranked 20th and there is no way he should finish the year top 10. There are too many hungry young players already in front of him in the rankings that have a better chance. Will Nadal be undefeated at clay 2007? Yes - 5.50 Worth a shot if you're a Nadal fan...

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News I think you read wrong when you wrote your pre-views.

Baghdatis - Year-end ranking Over 21.5 - 1.85 Baghdatis is currently ranked 12th but I really don't expect him to drop more then 10 positions on the ranking.
This bet means that you have placed a bet that you will win if Baghdatis is placed 22 or worse. Your bet on Federer will only be counted as a win if Federer doesn't get the first place on the ranking? I think I've right but I'm not 100 percent sure. Keep up your good work Donald! :ok :nana

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News

I think you read wrong when you wrote your pre-views. This bet means that you have placed a bet that you will win if Baghdatis is placed 22 or worse. Your bet on Federer will only be counted as a win if Federer doesn't get the first place on the ranking? I think I've right but I'm not 100 percent sure. Keep up your good work Donald! :ok :nana
totally wrong dude...hehe..over 21.5 means I win if he ends the year in positions 1-21 in the ranking over 1.5 means gotta finish 1st you're thinking of terms like over 2.5 goals...but this is for the rankings...the lower number...the higher you are on the ranking

DD' date=' were has coria gone?? I know he tried to copy Dementieva by not serving well but he seems to have a disappeared. maybe he is dementieva in disguise lol[/quote'] Coria has just recently fired his coach and is planning to make a major comeback next year

You are wrong DD. over 1.5 means that Federer will finish at the worse place than 1st, and over 21.5 means worse than 21. It's 1.35 for Federer to take 1st place in ATP.
ATP Entry rankings. Please observe that "under" means "better than" and "over" means "worse than". lol...you're totally right dude... Im not thinking straight...you know what they say...if something seems to good to be true...it's probably not...well...I changed them all to the right now and deleted Federer...

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News Marcelo Rios to make comeback Marcelo Rios will return to ATP action in the Vina del Mar Open in January to complete a "historic" trio of homegrown stars taking part in the tournament. Alvaro Fillol, who organises the tournament, confirmed that the former world number one will come out of retirement for the event, joining Chile's current highest-ranked players Fernando Gonzalez and Nicolas Massu.

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News Federer to win a title on all 4 surfaces @2.40(clay,hardcourts,grass,indoors) during 2007 Federer won grass,indoors and hardcourts tournoments in 2006.He is going to win title on these 3 surfaces for sure.And i think he is going to win one of the clay tournoments.This Roland Garros is the main target of Federer i think.But there are a lot of clay tournoments on the curcuit.The odd is excellent i think.

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News I quite like Safin @ 4.50 Stan James, Skybet, VC to finish in the top 8. We all know how crazy he is and a fully fit Safin would have no problems. I think winning the Davis Cup could really get him going and he could well be back at the top. Also like the bet as he can score big points all year round and is dangerous at all the Slams (Yes I'm including Wimbledon:loon). Sharapova to win WTA Champions race @ 3.00 Stan James. I thought she was poor for most of the year but then exceptional at the US and almost got No 1. She is maturing and really adding to her game which is greatly going to help her, especially on clay where she struggles. Can't see Mauresmo having anywhere near as good a year. Henin always looks on the verge of being injured and I think she was lucky this year being fit(ish) for all the slams. Clijsters is on a farewell tour and not sure how fit she will be and how many tournaments she will play. I really feel this is set up for Sharapova to do really well! Coria top Argentine player without Nalbandian @ 9.00 VC. This looks worth a shot as the competition isn't special. Can't really see any of the competition getting inside the top 20 so he doesn't have to perform exceptionally.

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News Looking forward to the tennis season as always.. Coria has been working with a sports psychologist for a while now,the problem with his game is a mental one.Hope he sorts it out as he is one of my favourite players and has a great game. Personally i think Nadal is way over-rated on any surface other than clay.The main reason for his success is the fact that he was difficult to play because of his power but now many players have worked out how to overcome this, still will be superb on clay but other surfaces i fancy a few shockers. Henman has hinted at a return to davis cup and is hoping to get back into the top 20, an injury free year will be needed. COME ON TIM!!! Maybe could be a big year for Berdych,Blake and Gonzalez, hoping for some big performances from these 3.

Re: Tennis Season 2007 News I'm tempted by Fernando Gonzalez at 50/1 in Stan James's ATP Champions Race 2007 W/O R.Federer+R.Nadal market. He's been awesome since he started working with Larry Stefanki and I'm pretty sure he was top 5 or very close to it for the 2nd half of the 2006 season. He should pick up a hell of a lot more points on clay this year and with e/w terms of 3 places at 1/4 odds I think this could give you a nice run for your money. I believe Federer and Nadal will finish 1 & 2 again but after that there's very little to choose between the next bunch of players. The "race" for number 3 should very open so 50/1 represents a bit of value. (Paddy Power only go 33s)