Cricket: South Africa vs India ODI Series

A 6 match (5 ODI's + 1 Twenty20 match) ODI series begins on Sunday at the Wanderers. The markets below are for the 5 ODI's.

Best odds/All oddsv15.gifv6074.gifv1.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6018.gifv4.gif
South Africa1.361.51.41.331.441.441.44
India32.52.753.252.622.622.62
Best odds/All oddsv6074.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6018.gif
South Africa 3-22.752.7533
South Africa 4-13.753.253.753.75
South Africa 5-09798
India 3-23.754.53.753.5
India 4-191088
India 5-034413434
Sun 19 icon-daynight_13x11.gif1st ODI - South Africa v India New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
Wed 22 icon-daynight_13x11.gif2nd ODI - South Africa v India Kingsmead, Durban
Sun 26 3rd ODI - South Africa v India Newlands, Cape Town
Wed 29 icon-daynight_13x11.gif4th ODI - South Africa v India St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
December 2006
Fri 1 icon-daynight_13x11.gifOnly Twenty20 International - South Africa v India New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
Sun 3 5th ODI - South Africa v India SuperSport Park, Centurion
4pts South Africa to beat India 4-1 11/4 Stan James South Africa on home soil are a pretty irresistable outfit who are capable of beating anyone. Everyone will remember the memorable ODI with Australia last year when SA chased down 432 to win. India have a reputation as poor travellers. South Africa come into this series on the back of a good Champions Trophy in which they made the semis against the odds. It's fair to say nobody gave them much of a chance of making the semis before the tournament began but they showed their usual fighting spirit and determination and despite playing on pitches which didn't suit them they made the semis where they were outplayed by West Indies. It was more their bowlers that got them there but back in SA I would expect their batsmen to come more into play as well. Players like Smith, Gibbs and Kallis will enjoy the pace and bounce that South African wickets bring. India in contrast are in real poor form at present. Their bowlers are keeping them in matches but they just can not score runs consistently at all at the minute. In order for them to be competitive they will need to hit 260+ regularly and they don't look like doing that despite the likes of Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dravid and Dhoni being in their side. They will be missing Yuvraj in this series and Harbhajan's effect will be minimalised by the type of pitch hence Anil Kumble has been recalled. On home soil I expect South Africa to win this series, and win it well however India's up and coming seamers may well keep them in the matches. For that reason backing South Africa to win 5-0 is risky so we'll take India to get 1 and South Africa to win 4-1.

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs India ODI Series Indians had an extra net this morning as they struggled with the pace of Steyn in the practice match which they lost. It was an indoor net though I would have thought they are struggling with the pace of the pitch as well as the express pace of Steyn. No Sehwag for the first ODI, he has hurt his finger. I agree SA, should win the series easy. I think individual matches should be played inrunning as intially I think SA are abit short for the first one.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.