NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th)

Schedule
s.gif
s.gif
Round 9 (All times local at venue)
s.gif
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Match (Home v Away)VenueTimeTV
>36ersvRazorbacksDistinctive Homes Dome - Adelaide07:04PM CDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
s.gif
Thursday, November 16, 2006
BreakersvKingsNorth Shore Events Centre - Auckland07:00PM NZDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
s.gif
Friday, November 17, 2006
RazorbacksvWildcatsSydney Olympic Park Sports Centre08:00PM AEDT
s.gif
Saturday, November 18, 2006
KingsvDragonsSydney Entertainment Centre07:30PM AEDT
TaipansvTigersCairns Convention Centre06:30PM AESTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
BulletsvWildcatsBrisbane Convention Centre07:40PM AEST
CrocodilesvHawksTownsville Entertainment Centre08:00PM AEST

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) Adelaide vs West Sydney Well this looks an intriguing battle. Its the worst home side vs the worst away side believe it or not. Adelaide have always been a strong home team and The Dome has always been a fortress for them, but they have won only 2 from 7 here this year, while West Sydne are yet to win a game on the road this year and arent in great shape at home either. I only see one winner here though and thats Adelaide. Last week against Townsville they were short favourites and they proved exactly why by skipping out to a 20 point lead early in the second quarter, but the unimaginable happened and they gave up their 20 point lead to eventually lose by 21 in one of the biggest turnarounds ive seen. There is no way the 36'ers will let that happen again tonight but the main quesiton here is how much can they win by? Adelaide have a pretty good squad with Nick Horvath scoring alot of points, Brett Mahers return last week was a huge boost and Lanard Copeland has been performing well in recent games. Adrian Majstrovich & Darren Ng also are capable of great performances on their day and they will be looking for more consistency. The West Sydney side are capable of playing well and they have shown us that in the last 3 weeks or so by getting into winnable positions only to end up losing at the end. This could be another one of those games with players such as the brilliant Jusin Bailey, Liam Rush, JAmes Harvey, Scott McGreggor and Ya Ya Dia at their disposal. But i just think Adelaide will be fired up from last weeks fade out and will have the support of the large crowd cheering them home which is intimidating at this venue. As far as value goes Adelaide are too short at $1.30 so i will try and find value elsewhere. There are a number of markets offering value and one is Adelaide to win Under 10.5 points. Dont get me wrong, Adelaide could win this by a big margin, but they struggle to put together 4 quarters of good basketball and West Sydney are capable of staying in games so at $2.65 i will put some small stakes on. Another good value bet is the total game score over 209.5 points at $1.90 as if you look at the stats you can see why. Both teams defence seems non-existant at times and Adelaide have great fire power in Maher & Horvath as do W.Sydney with Harvey & Bailey. Adelaide average about 100 points a game and West Sydney 102 points, while Adelaide on average concede 107 points while W.Sydney are 112. Another couple of bets i like are players scoreline bets. Nick Horvath should have a field day tonight agaisnt a week Razorbacks defence and at $3.85 i think that represents good value to be highest scorer, but the Razorbacks James Harvey is the danger man. Also most 3 pointers head to head between Darren Ng vs Liam Rush, which i favour Liam Rush here at $2.65. He is 52% from 3 this year 13 threes this year and is playing well. I dont usually have this many bets on the one game but its been tough finding winners lately in teams head to head so thought id try something a little differen considering there is only 1 match tonight and its a short week. So take your pick of the following bets and good luck. :hope Pick Adelaide UNDER 10.5 at $2.65 Pick Adelaide -9.5 Handicap at $2.10 Pick Total OVER 209.5 at $1.90 Pick N.Horvath HIGHEST SCORER at $3.85 Pick L.Rush (vs D.Ng) Most Threes H2H at $2.65 Good luck and hopefully trying something new might bring some more interest and profits if all goes well. Should be an itneresting night.

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) Looks good Ads .. BOL .. Personally I wouldn't touch this game with the proverbial but then again I only like hitting one proposition - spreading your bets around like that might bring in a profit in a game like this .. If anything I'd have played the OVER .. my line was 207.5 .. didn't though because while neither team plays defense, I wouldn't put it past them to collapse offensively for a portion of the game either!

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th)

Pick Adelaide UNDER 10.5 at $2.65 Pick Adelaide -9.5 Handicap at $2.10 Pick Total OVER 209.5 at $1.90 Pick N.Horvath HIGHEST SCORER at $3.85 Pick L.Rush (vs D.Ng) Most Threes H2H at $2.65
Wasnt too bad a night. Liam Rush ended up not playing for whatever reason so our Three Point Head to Head bet against Darren Ng was cancelled. Adelaide won by 8 points so was a good winenr at 2.85 and the OVer 209.5 i was always confident on which also got up. Nick Horvath scored 14 points and had a quiet game and spent a bit of time off the court due to the amount of fouls he got.

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) West Sydney vs Perth Dont have alot of time to do an in depth preview tonight, not that many people read them anyway... Anyway, Perth come into this match as the top sde in the league travelling to take on West Sydney who are currently bottom of the ladder but not playing as badly as their ladder position shows. I do favour Perth to win here though as the talent in their squad is streaks ahead of West Sydneys, but in recent weeks the Razorbacks have gotten into winnable positions only to see it slide away in last quarter fade outs. I think this game may be of similar nature and think Wildcats Under 10.5 points is good value. Wildcats at $1.46 are just way too short in my opinion and the $2.65 available for Under 10.5 is good value in my opinion. I will also take the -7.5 handicap on Perth at $2.05 as backup incase they make this game a blowout which is quite possible. If Perth win between 8-10 then this will be a big payout but it will be tough to get this. So good luck those betting in tonights only game. Also Justin Bailey at $3.55 to be highest scorer on the court is a good longshot bet which i will try and take, this guy has been in some great form for West Sydney and if he can continue this tonight on the home court then i believe he will have a big one. Pick Perth UNDER 10.5 at $2.65 - (4/10) Pick Perth -7.5 HANDICAP at $2.05 - (3/10) Pick J.Bailey TOP SCORER at $3.55 - (2/10) All the best :ok

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) Just slipped in here to see who you liked tonight Ads and another great review for tonight's Basketball :clap Thought I would take a 3 League Multi bet for some interest Wildcats NBL / Melbourne Victory A League / Caen France Ligue 2 @ $4-24 Should get a good run for my money :nana

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) Best of luck lads .. Have had a perfect week on a few NBA plays (I think I'm feeling that league more than the Australian one at the moment!!?) and am content to sit this one out .. I hope you all know West Sydney has a new coach tonight .. Wocco has been fired and Cal Bruton is in charge .. (sorry haven't read any of the above posts!) Gun to my head, OVER 199.5 would be my prefered play in this one ..

Best of luck lads .. Have had a perfect week on a few NBA plays (I think I'm feeling that league more than the Australian one at the moment!!?) and am content to sit this one out .. I hope you all know West Sydney has a new coach tonight .. Wocco has been fired and Cal Bruton is in charge .. (sorry haven't read any of the above posts!) Gun to my head' date= OVER 199.5 would be my prefered play in this one ..
It's under, last year both games went under and this year first one was with overtime over(if there wouldn't have been overtime it would have been under). Wildcats are up by 17 points. I think they will win now. You're scaring people away from betting. That's not a good thing...

It's under' date=' last year both games went under and this year first one was with overtime over(if there wouldn't have been overtime it would have been under). Wildcats are up by 17 points. I think they will win now. You're scaring people away from betting. That's not a good thing...[/quote'] Well done on getting the Unders tkt :ok I think you are over reacting when you suggest Mr F is scaring people away...He provided some very relevant information that West Sydney had a new coach for this game and was only advising in case people were not aware, so good on him for that...If someone has an opinion that you disagree with, then you have to agree to disagree and keep it positive...Your opinion was right this time so well done :cheers

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) I just wrote a very scathing email to the people down at the NBL regarding their livescore function. Pathetic. :@ I was on Perth HT/FT double and couldn't find out what the hell was going on... This is what I wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to raise my concern at the state of your website and the constant frustration that is the live score function.

With tonight’s basketball game not being televised nor on any radio station here in Victoria, I naturally turned to your website.

1st Quarter and everything’s going great, better than great, it’s like a Chris Anstey 3 point shot. You know it’s nothing but net.

Second quarter, and the scores go back to zero, the page needs constant refreshing, and everything’s out of whack. And I’m talking Cal Bruton dress sense WHACK. It’s just crazy.

I’ve got money on the game, I don’t know what the score is, I don’t know what’s going on, and their’s rumours abound that Cal Bruton himself, the crazy guy from the stands who watches his son play, is not only coaching the Razorbacks, but he’s an assistant to the All Star Team?!?!?

I don’t know what to believe.

Look guys, it’s crazy. The site has been like this for weeks, the live score thing is unreliable and it’s a real pain in the ass. I know you don’t have the same money as the NBA, but check out their site. Look at the live scores. They offer play by play, box scores, the works. How hard is it to get some work experience kid to plug in his computer and type some notes?

I hope you all recognise you have a big problem here, and are doing something to rectify it.

I love the development of the game that has been taking place over the recent years, but make it more accessible to the fans. This doesn’t mean Channel 9 showing selected highlights the day after the match, get the scores at least working on the net.

Best of luck.

Love Always

Kewell P.S. Like I said.... WHACK!!! 00000060-image.jpg

Just slipped in here to see who you liked tonight Ads and another great review for tonight's Basketball :clap Thought I would take a 3 League Multi bet for some interest Wildcats NBL / Melbourne Victory A League / Caen France Ligue 2 @ $4-24 Should get a good run for my money :nana
Got a great run for my money in fact :cow Wildcats NBL - WON 115 - 80 :clap Melbourne Victory A League WON 2-0 :clap Caen France Ligue 2 - WON 1-0 :clap @ $4-24 :drums

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) In regards to the problem with the Livescore option on the NBL site, i too have had problems in the past. But i must admit 80% of the time its pretty good. Some nights it has been horrible though, like you click on the link to a match score and a white page loads up saying 'Done' and you try about 10 times to get it to refresh and nothing happens. They do have some shit to sort out, but when its working (and usually is) it is very good with the stats. The NBA livescore is a whole different ballgame though, it will be a cold day in hell before the NBL can match that website.

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) Will try something new again tonight in these 3 games. I will preview each game as usual and tell the match how i think it could turn, and talk about which players are in form and stats to say why i think a team will play well. Then at the bottom will give some suggested bets to further investigate because in recent times its been very tough to pick a winner due to some inconsistent results. So heres how i think tonights games should turn out:

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) Cairns vs Melbourne

As good as the Melbourne Tigers are, I am going to say straight out I think Cairns will win this. The Tigers away form this year hasn’t been to flash winning only 2 from 5, while Cairns on the other hand are quickly forging themselves as a genuine home team and turning the home into a fortress. No team has beat them in 5 games here this season. The Taipans currently sit 5th on the ladder but its their away form which has seen them head there. The main reason for their great form at home is the brilliant Martin Cattalini. This guy is a superstar and is incredible to watch, lately he seems to be scoring for fun and if the Tigers cant hold him tonight then he will have another day out. The Taipans also have great support with players in top form such as Aaron Grabau, Anthony Stewart & Darnell Mee. Kevin Owens is also a great talent but can be inconsistent, but he is always dangerous and the Tigers must mark him tonight. As for Melbourne, well they have slowed down a bit in recent weeks. They were flying but their away form is a worry at times, while they just don’t seem to be getting the best out of all their players and with a squad amassing such talent as they have, its hard to see why. They have some of the best players in the league but now need to compose themselves. Its always hard to tip against Melbourne anywhere at anytime, but I just feel Cairns will be too good in what will be an extremely close match.

Suggested Bets to Investigate Further:

Cairns to WIN at $2.05

Cairns UNDER 10.5 at $3.00

Total Points OVER 196.5 at $1.90

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) Sydney vs South Dragons

A very interesting game this one. These two met the start of last week in Melbourne where the Dragons had a massive 21 point win over the Kings which was an upset at the time, but the form since then suggests it wasn’t. The Dragons have won their past 2 games by double figures, and before Sydney beat the Breakers on Thursday night, they were really starting to struggle with a couple of big losses themselves. At home you can never write Sydney off as their big players such as they are yet to lose at home and are always extremely strong in front of their home fans, but this season seems a bit different. They have lost a lot of their top players and for the first team in years they seem very vulnerable. The Dragons have been playing well since Mark Price was sacked in dramatic fashion a month or so ago, and under Shane Heal’s regime they are 4 wins from 6 which is impressive. They nearly ran down Melbourne the other week too except a last quarter fade out stopped them. Shane Heal & Kavossy Franklin have been superb for the Dragons this year and have been a big reason why they have hit back, while Rosell Ellis has been exceptional. They have a handy lot of support to coming from the bench with players such as young sensational Joe Ingles, Matt Burston & Matt Shanahan. The Dragons do have a good squad and are starting to find some consistency, but this match will really test them. Sydneys poor form came to an end Thursday night when they decimated a team that were in form at home in New Zealand, they won that by 21 points and proved to everyone they are back in town. The fact that they are brilliant at home slightly leans me in their favour. They are too short at $1.26 so look for value in the Under 10.5 market at $2.80

Sydney to Win UNDER 10.5 at $2.80

Dragons to WIN with +5.5 Start at $2.10

Total Points OVER 190.5 at $1.90

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) Townsville vs Wollongong Yet another game which could go either way. Wollongong have been my favourite team to watch this year, they are such a good side and their poor start to the year sees them 4th on the ladder, but they are much better than that. Glen Saville & Cortez Groves have been nothing short of amazing for Wollongong, these two are amazing to watch and are just raking up points at the moment. With these two in form there is probably not a team in the land who can stop them, and with support from players such as Adam Ballinger, Tony Rampton & Matt Campbell they are going to be a force in the finals. The interesting thing here though is the Crocodiles form. They have always been known as a home force and this year has been no exception, but their away form has been shocking. But that reversed in recent weeks, they lost their first home game of the year to the Dragons and on the road they have 2 wins from 9 where they came from 20 points down in Adelaide last week to win by 20. The Crocs have some great players in their squad also with John Rillie in brilliant form. Brad Newley, Larry Abney & Andrew Rice have been in good form also and they will be a force tonight. But as good as they are at home, interestingly the Hawks are just as good away. Infact Wollongong are the best away side in the league winning 4 from 5 on the road, their only loss was in the first match against Cairns, but that’s when the Hawks were struggling and Cairns are yet to lose at home anyway so it puts it back into perspective. This will be an exciting match but I think I will have to favour the Hawks here, just! Also worth noting is that in their 14 matches this year, Townsville have only lead at Half Time on 3 occasions making the Hawks/Hawks HT/FT double good value. If you favour the Crocs to win then Hawks/Crocs pays $5.75

Hawks to WIN at $2.00

Hawks UNDER 10.5 at $2.95

Hawks/Hawks HT/FT at $2.65

Total Points OVER 212.5 at $1.90

Re: NBL Basketball Round 9 (Nov 15th - 18th) Certainly some very tough games to call tonight, all matches could swing either way so my suggestion is not to put high stakes on any game. But there is certainly alot of value to be had here tonight and I will look to get involved in a bet for each match, not sure what markets yet though. Wollongong strike me as the best value of the night. Their form recently has been second to none and at $2 for a win i cant knock that back, despite Townsville's great home record. Cairns to beat Tigers will be an upset so im sticking my neck out taking them, but I think at home they are a different team and the Tigers are out of form lately. The other match i think Sydney will win, but about 2 weeks ago at the Dragons home court they won by 21 points against Sydney so anything could happen. They are a different team at home so they shoiuld get the work done. Good luck to all those betting tonight, im confident we can get some more consistency back to the matches

It's under' date=' last year both games went under and this year first one was with overtime over(if there wouldn't have been overtime it would have been under). Wildcats are up by 17 points. I think they will win now. You're scaring people away from betting. That's not a good thing...[/quote'] Don't come at me with a statement like that when the game is half over .. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read ..