Wallabies European Tour

Wallabies European Tour  

1. 1.

2006 Qantas Wallabies spring tour
Date (local)MatchKick off (local)Fox SportsNetwork Ten
4 NovemberWales v Qantas Wallabies2.30pmLIVE 1.30am 5/11/06 Fox Sports 1Sydney - LIVE 1.30am 5/11/06 Melbourne - LIVE 1.30am 5/11/06 Brisbane - LIVE 12.30am 5/11/06 Adelaide - LIVE 1.00am 5/11/06 Perth - Delayed 11.30pm 4/11/06 Replayed in all cities from 12.30pm (AEDT) 5/11/06
11 NovemberItaly v Qantas Wallabies3.00pmLIVE 1.00am 12/11/06 Fox Sports 2Sydney - LIVE 1.00am 12/11/06 Melbourne - LIVE 1.00am 12/11/06 Brisbane - LIVE 12.00am 12/11/06 Adelaide - LIVE 12.30am 12/11/06 Perth - Delayed 11.40pm 11/11/06 Replayed in all cities from 8.30am (AEDT) 12/11/06
19 NovemberIreland v Qantas Wallabies4.00pmLIVE 3.00am 20/11/06 Fox Sports 1Sydney - LIVE 3.00am 20/11/06 Melbourne - LIVE 3.00am 20/11/06 Brisbane - LIVE 2.00am 20/11/06 Adelaide - LIVE 2.30am 20/11/06 Perth - LIVE 12.00am 20/11/06 Replayed in all cities from 6.30am (AEDT) 20/11/06
25 NovemberScotland v Qantas Wallabies2.30pmLIVE 1.30am 26/11/06 Fox Sports 2Sydney - LIVE 1.30am 26/11/06 Melbourne - LIVE 1.30am 26/11/06 Brisbane - Delayed 1.30am 26/11/06 Adelaide - Delayed 1.30am 26/11/06 Perth - Delayed 1.30am 26/11/06 Replayed in all cities from 8.30am (AEDT) 26/11/06

Re: Wallabies European Tour

Do we know who is playing in the lineup for the first test against Wales?
If you mean Wales' side then it was announced yesterday: Wales team v Australia (Millennium Stadium, Cardiff): Kevin Morgan (Newport Gwent Dragons); Gareth Thomas (Toulouse), Tom Shanklin (Cardiff Blues), Gavin Henson (Ospreys), Shane Williams (Ospreys); Stephen Jones (Llanelli Scarlets), Dwayne Peel (Llanelli Scarlets); Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Matthew Rees (Llanelli Scarlets), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Ian Evans (Ospreys), Ian Gough (Newport Gwent Dragons), Jon Thomas (Ospreys), Martyn Williams (Cardiff Blues), Ryan Jones (Ospreys). Replacements: Rhys Thomas (Cardiff Blues), Duncan Jones (Ospreys), Gavin Thomas (Llanelli Scarlets), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Mike Phillips (Cardiff Blues), James Hook (Ospreys), Mark Jones (Llanelli Scarlets). Quite a strong looking side compared to the one we had last season which was decimated by injury.

If you mean Wales' side then it was announced yesterday: Wales team v Australia (Millennium Stadium, Cardiff): Kevin Morgan (Newport Gwent Dragons); Gareth Thomas (Toulouse), Tom Shanklin (Cardiff Blues), Gavin Henson (Ospreys), Shane Williams (Ospreys); Stephen Jones (Llanelli Scarlets), Dwayne Peel (Llanelli Scarlets); Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Matthew Rees (Llanelli Scarlets), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Ian Evans (Ospreys), Ian Gough (Newport Gwent Dragons), Jon Thomas (Ospreys), Martyn Williams (Cardiff Blues), Ryan Jones (Ospreys). Replacements: Rhys Thomas (Cardiff Blues), Duncan Jones (Ospreys), Gavin Thomas (Llanelli Scarlets), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Mike Phillips (Cardiff Blues), James Hook (Ospreys), Mark Jones (Llanelli Scarlets). Quite a strong looking side compared to the one we had last season which was decimated by injury.
what ever happened to charvis?

what ever happened to charvis?
:lol He's too old now and slow. We have a lot of younger players coming through. Charvis never really recovered from being shown on TV laughing on the bench as Wales were losing to Italy. He was a good player in his day but age and injuries have caught up with him now.

:lol He's too old now and slow. We have a lot of younger players coming through. Charvis never really recovered from being shown on TV laughing on the bench as Wales were losing to Italy. He was a good player in his day but age and injuries have caught up with him now.
The last I heard he was uncontracted & couldn't find a club, that was some time ago. As you would agree I don't know alot about Welsh Rugby :ok

Re: Wallabies European Tour 29-29 all tough one......I was tempted to take wales with 3.5 pts in @$1.90 but by the time I placed the bet Wales had dropped in Odds & points in option was taken off:wall :wall Centerbet:wall a draw seems like a fair result for both teams:unsure

it was a good game of rugby. Just a shame Wales switched off when it seemed they had the game more or less sewn up. Ahh well' date=' we can always beat the AB's instead![/quote'] How do you see them going tomorrow? are you going too take points in on England?

Re: Wallabies European Tour The Wallabies have recorded an historic 29-29 draw with Wales in their Spring Tour clash at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. The much-anticipated match was touted as a preview to the World Cup clash between the two teams next September at the same venue and neither disappointed in the thrilling draw - the first between the two since their maiden encounter in 1908. Australia dominated the majority of the opening half as it forged a 17-6 lead midway through the term before the hosts stepped up to trail by just one point, 16-17, at the break. It was then the home side's turn to pile on the pressure as it mounted an assault in the second half and stormed into the lead before a second try to Cameron Shepherd and a 64th minute five-pointer from Chris Latham once again had the visitors in front. Wales replacement James Hook slotted a 71st minute penalty goal to lock the scores and despite both sides having opportunities to steal victory, the draw was cemented in history when time was called. The Wallabies wasted little time testing the Wales line and were looking dangerous in the opening minutes of the encounter. Some brilliant work down the right wing culminated in a penalty awarded to the visitors, with Matt Giteau on target to give the Australians an early 3-0 lead. Stephen Jones levelled the scores four minutes later when he slotted a penalty goal after Rodney Blake was pinged for hands in the ruck, but the Wallabies stormed ahead in the 12th minute after the first try of the match. A damaging run from Wycliff Palu split the Wales defence up the middle before the ball sailed wide to Shepherd who crossed for his first of two tries. Giteau added the extras to give Australia a 10-3 advantage. With little international exposure over the past few months, Wales was looking flat and struggled to get valuable possession and very rarely found itself in good field position. But Gavin Henson reduced the gap to 13-17 when he booted a penalty goal and Wales remained within striking distance, and when Hook added another three points about a minute before half-time, Wales was back to within one point. Another penalty goal from Hook gave Wales the lead for the first time in the match in the 50th minute, before Martyn Williams pounced on a loose ball to score and widen the home side's advantage to 26-17. Australia looked shaken by the second half form of its host but failed to surrender with a superb Lote Tuqiri run sparking the next of the Wallabies' tries. Tuqiri charged through the defence on the way to what looked like a certain five-pointer before Shane Williams pulled off a miraculous tackle. The ball was quickly spread wide and Shepherd scooted over next to the posts for his second try of the night as Australia reduced its deficit to just two points (24-26). Five minutes later Latham powered down the left wing, stepping past one defender before shrugging off two tackles and diving over the line to give Australia back the lead. But the 29-26 buffer was short lived as Hook neatly slotted a penalty goal with nine minutes to play. Another huge Millennium Stadium crowd will witness Wales go head to head with the Pacific Island while Australia heads to Rome for a clash with Italy next Saturday.

Re: Wallabies European Tour Injury Toll Qantas Wallabies lock Dan Vickerman will miss the remainder of the Wallabies' Spring Tour campaign after it was confirmed today that he requires a reconstruction on his right shoulder. Vickerman, who had the same shoulder reconstructed just fourteen months ago, will miss the remaining three Tests of the Spring Tour and the bulk of next year's Investec Super 14 season. Bad News for the Wallabies:eek

29-29 all tough one......I was tempted to take wales with 3.5 pts in @$1.90 but by the time I placed the bet Wales had dropped in Odds & points in option was taken off:wall :wall Centerbet:wall a draw seems like a fair result for both teams:unsure
I had taken the aussies to win the match , as even a rusty aussie team is still good in my mind, good enough to beat wales....but what happens, the draw! :wall ...%$#& aussies screw me again!!!....i had just lost a bunch after aussie beat West Indies in the ICC Trophy and then they screw me again by not beating wales !!! :@:@

I had taken the aussies to win the match ' date=' as even a rusty aussie team is still good in my mind, good enough to beat wales....but what happens, the draw! :wall ...%$#& aussies screw me again!!!....i had just lost a bunch after aussie beat West Indies in the ICC Trophy and then they screw me again by not beating wales !!! :@:@[/quote'] Its happens Mike they always seem to either beat you or make you lose money every time:unsure not sre why that is it is a mystery to me:unsure are you currently in NZ?

Re: Wallabies European Tour Wallabies team has been announced:

Al Baxter

Brendan Cannon

Guy Shepherdson

Nathan Sharpe

Mark Chisholm

Rocky Elsom

George Smith (vc)

Wycliff Palu

Matt Giteau

Mat Rogers

Lote Tuqiri (vc)