Friday night misery

6ooner

OK, here's an observation I've recently made, I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem. I've jut gone through a period of mixed fortune and it seems to be turning around. There was a point where it got so bad that I was seriously worried about playing AA because I knew it'd get cracked. Bad luck is one thing but I can't believe the length of the run I had. What's finally hit me is that I've been doing well in the week and badly at weekends, I'm still up overall but I've taken some serious knocks. What I've realised is that it's all down to Friday nights. For some reason it appears that Fridays attract a lot of inexperienced 'muppets'. MTTs I have no probem with but STTs and cash games I just can't win a hand. The knock on effect of this is that I get stressed and it completely buggers up my weekend to the point of going to bed straight after the champs league on Sunday vowing never to play again. I noticed last night that nearly everyone I was playing against would hold out with A rag or a low made pair so that whatever I played unless I had the nuts I'd be up against three players holding out with an ace or chasing straights or flushes no matter what I bet. I didn't play badly, I examined my hands and in most cases I'd have played them the same way, in some cases I'd have played stonger on a normal tables but I could see where I was actually playing tighter because of the way things were going. I don't know why Fridays are different as I start playing around 5pm UK time and it's happening then- maybe everyones been to the pub for lunch? MTTs are unnaffected but STTs and ring games are appalling. I generally walk away when I start getting angry but not ralising why makes my game deteriorate over the weekend. I feel much better today about playing because I now understand why my luck appears to be so bad- I can't play any differently because I'd be dropping to their level but I can stay away from the game that give me the problem. Has anyone else noticed this?:unsure

Re: Friday night misery I find I win good money on Friday evenings especially after the pub closes. ;)

OK, here's an observation I've recently made, I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem. I've jut gone through a period of mixed fortune and it seems to be turning around. There was a point where it got so bad that I was seriously worried about playing AA because I knew it'd get cracked. Bad luck is one thing but I can't believe the length of the run I had. What's finally hit me is that I've been doing well in the week and badly at weekends, I'm still up overall but I've taken some serious knocks. What I've realised is that it's all down to Friday nights. For some reason it appears that Fridays attract a lot of inexperienced 'muppets'. MTTs I have no probem with but STTs and cash games I just can't win a hand. The knock on effect of this is that I get stressed and it completely buggers up my weekend to the point of going to bed straight after the champs league on Sunday vowing never to play again. I noticed last night that nearly everyone I was playing against would hold out with A rag or a low made pair so that whatever I played unless I had the nuts I'd be up against three players holding out with an ace or chasing straights or flushes no matter what I bet. I didn't play badly, I examined my hands and in most cases I'd have played them the same way, in some cases I'd have played stonger on a normal tables but I could see where I was actually playing tighter because of the way things were going. I don't know why Fridays are different as I start playing around 5pm UK time and it's happening then- maybe everyones been to the pub for lunch? MTTs are unnaffected but STTs and ring games are appalling. I generally walk away when I start getting angry but not ralising why makes my game deteriorate over the weekend. I feel much better today about playing because I now understand why my luck appears to be so bad- I can't play any differently because I'd be dropping to their level but I can stay away from the game that give me the problem. Has anyone else noticed this?:unsure

Re: Friday night misery I 'LOVE' friday nights (especially last night).... shame about the finish time but .... PokerStars Tournament #33698540, No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 1145 players Total Prize Pool: $5725.00 Tournament started - 2006/10/20 - 15:10:00 (ET) Dear Chewie2000, You finished the tournament in 2nd place. A $687.01 award has been credited to your Real Money account. You earned 411.58 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/tlb_tournament_rankings.html Congratulations! Thank you for participating.

Re: Friday night misery

I 'LOVE' friday nights (especially last night).... shame about the finish time but .... PokerStars Tournament #33698540, No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 1145 players Total Prize Pool: $5725.00 Tournament started - 2006/10/20 - 15:10:00 (ET) Dear Chewie2000, You finished the tournament in 2nd place. A $687.01 award has been credited to your Real Money account. You earned 411.58 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/tlb_tournament_rankings.html Congratulations! Thank you for participating.
:clap :clap :clap Very nice indeed, I'll be sticking with the MTTs from now on

my friday night was good as well steve' date='finishing 6th in the spods $4k guaranteed for a very nice $190,:D ,and picking up an extra $50 playing the 25/50c tables on dreampoker[/quote'] :clap :clap :clap Nice one Al, but that's my point, Friday night MTTs have been reasonably good to me but 10 Seater STTs and ring games are just unplayable......... OK I know...so I wont play them:tongue2

Re: Friday night misery To be honest I do like my MTT's over everything else (even STT's) but if you are going to play cash on a Fri/Sat night its more of "hit and run" than anything else. Look for a juicy "Loose" table, look for a hand.. push it in and hope. Bit like a fruit machine but works with the standard of play around at those times. Nice result DAN DAN any Final table is a very good effort in an MTT no matter what the return is. Been a good couple of weeks for me on Stars (makes a pleasant change) with the APAT result and the one last night... Been sticking to the 180-seater Sit and Go's on Stars recently to getmy game back (hence not seeing me round else where) I may come back in general circulation with the rest of PL again now my game is back. But it does bring up an interesting question, does anyone else find it difficult to swap between sites so much and keep their game unaffected (the variance of styles, blind structures, etc... between sites can affect the way you play???) Nice result

But it does bring up an interesting question, does anyone else find it difficult to swap between sites so much and keep their game unaffected (the variance of styles, blind structures, etc... between sites can affect the way you play???)
I do find a difference in playing different sites, I play mainly SpOdds but haven't been doing too well there so thought I'd go elsewhere. There are hands I would never expect to win with on SpOdds but do on other sites and vice versa, I don't know why this is - type of players, RNG, or in my head? Also some skins are easier to work with so you can concentrate better on the cards. I can do well on SpOdds STT's but can NEVER make the money when I play them on Virgin, this shouldn't be the case though as these tables are Boss wide so I figure that is all in my head.