NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15)

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15)

Dont think i will get enough time to do any previews tonight, but i will if i can find time. At first glances the Bullets are really short again and rightfulyl so, Sydney are at $1.73 which is about right too. So as usual i will try and find some other value rather than head to head. So will look at the following as possible bets: Adelaide vs Brisbane I like the look of the Brisbane/Brisbane halftime/fulltime at $1.70 rather than picking them straight out, but even thats a bit short. Brisbane Over 10.5 points at $2.55 looks the best bet i think. Also im confident the game will end over 206.5 points and that pays $1.90 so ill have a go at that. Townsville vs Sydney Take Sydney at $1.74 because theres a bit of value there, theres quite alot of value in the Sydney/Sydney HT/FT because Sydney to start very well, that pays $2.30 which is great. Sydney to win by Under 10.5 points is my other suggestion which pays $2.70 and ill have a go at that for sure. As time is a problem for me now i wont go into alot of detail but at first glances these seem like good bets. Good luck to everyone! :ok
i'm on Ads and i'm excited!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adelaide vs Brisbane I like the look of the Brisbane/Brisbane halftime/fulltime at $1.70 rather than picking them straight out, but even thats a bit short. Brisbane Over 10.5 points at $2.55 looks the best bet i think. Also im confident the game will end over 206.5 points and that pays $1.90 so ill have a go at that.
Brisbane/Brisbane HT/FT was a Loss Brisbane win over 10.5 was a WIN Match Over 206.5 points was a WIN

Brisbane/Brisbane HT/FT was a Loss Brisbane win over 10.5 was a WIN Match Over 206.5 points was a WIN
Great stuff again Ads :clap:clap:clap I was watching live web stat feed of Crocs V Kings and it said Kings won 111-115 and went to check account and it says Crocs won...What the???

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) Cairns vs Sydney The Kings play the Taipans less than 24 hours after last nights match to the Crocodiles which they lost by 4 points. Last nights effort wasnt their best considering they were up at 3 qtr time but scored only 20 points in the last quarter after having scored 37 in the 3rd. Interestingly the Taipans last match was also against the Crocodiles which they lost by 6 points, but the Taipans controlled most of that match. The trouble with Sydney this season is that they are always slow out of the box having won only 2 first halfs out of 6, while Taipans are alot better winning 3 out of 4. Considering the way Sydney died in the last quarter last night and their will be alot of fatigue for havign played twice in 2 nights, If the Taipans get a strong start they should win. But Sydney is a team that does come home strong usually and Taipains will have to be aware of that. If the Taipans can sort themselves out here, they will not get a betetr chance of beating Sydney and in my opinion i think they can win this. To the value betting and I like the looks of the Taipans win to be under 10.5 points at $2.70. Not alot more sticks out to me, perhaps the total game score to end under 206.5 points at $1.90 but not with high stakes as this is hard to pick. Also those looking to back Sydney instead of Taipans might wanna look at the HT/FT of Taipans/Sydney which pays $6.30 and that will be my long shot bet. This a tough game to call so i wont be putting serious money on it. Pick Cairns to win UNDER 10.5 at $2.70 - (5/10) Pick Game score UNDER 206.5 at $1.90 - (4/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Cairns/Sydney HT/FT at $6.30 - (2/10)

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) Melbourne vs Singapore Well this could get ugly, this could get very very ugly. Melbourne will win this and they will win it easy as the Slingers make the long road trip to Melbourne at 'The Cage' where the Tigers have won the past 16 straight and that will become 17 tonight. Melbourne destroyed the inform Hawks last week here with players like Rashad Tucker, Chris Anstey playering superb with great cameos by players like Stephen Hoare and Daryl Corletto proving invaluable. With the $1.09 on offer for the Melbourne win again we will have to look elsewhere for value and im finding it hard to do. Melbourne to win Over 10.5 points is paying $1.71 which is still very short, while Melbourne with the -14.5 Handicap is paying $2.05 so that might be worth taking. There aint much else value on offer so perhaps running a multibet with another game might be worth looking at. Game score to end over 196.5 points paying $1.90 looks great value too so perhaps a look at that. Pick Melbourne -14 POINTS at $2.05 - (7/10) Pick Melbourne OVER 10.5 at $1.71 - (8/10) Pick Game Total OVER 196.5 at $1.90 - (6/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Melbourne over 10.5 into Cairns Under 10.5 at $4.70 - (5/10)

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) West Sydney vs New Zealand A game which could go either way, but I favour West Sydney here. New Zealand are never great on the road and West Sydney know that winning as many home games as possible is vital given they are also poor travellers themselves. A positive for the WS is that they have Justin Bailey making his return from injury and he is a very good player, but New Zealand have more depth in their squad this year than in previous years with players such as Paul Henare, Brian Wethers & Carlos Powell playing in form and also bench players Mika Vukona and Aaron Olsen able to come on and do some damage, and i believe New Zealands depth compared to West Sydneys is why they have been installed $1.78 favourites here. But I just cant see the Breakers winning their first road trip of the year here and West Sydney will treat this as a very important match. Looking to the value and i believe if West Sydney are going to win then it will be under 10.5 points which pays $2.90, for the straight out victory its $2.05 which is good value in itself. Not much else stands out to me here and im not sure if i will be betting in this match as its a tough call because New Zealand are more than capable of winning. So tread carefully Pick West Sydney to WIN at $2.05 - (5/10) Pick West Sydney UNDER 10.5 at $2.90 - (4/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick West Sydney OVER 10.5 at $5.80 - (2/10)

ads, well done with your picks buddy.just looking at some of the lines you got, have you checked bet365?? they have the side for the melbourne game at -13.5 and the total at 194.5.... good luck with your picks...... majid
cheers mate, all my bets are done through centrebet but if anyone can find betetr offers available elsewhere then by all means take it. 194.5 seems very low in a game where Melbourne should score 120+

cheers mate' date=' all my bets are done through centrebet but if anyone can find betetr offers available elsewhere then by all means take it. 194.5 seems very low in a game where Melbourne should score 120+[/quote'] I believe they dont get too much action for australian basketball. Well they may do in the morning lol...That melbourne game youve posted looks a decent punt...were can someone follow the game scores???which is more likely to hit the total or side??? i know you have given them both a good rating....I may go with a accumulator with both...

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) Dragons vs Wollongong Well this is the first home game by the leagues newest Australian club the South Dragons. They have ex-australia and NBA superstar Shane Heal in their team and they have a tough start against an inform Hawks outfit. As this is the Dragons first home game and their should be a huge huge crowd on hand to cheer them home, there will be alot of pressure for Dragosn to perform well and win here. Shane Heal isnt the only star in this team though, young 18 year old Joe Ingles has a huge future after absolutely starring i nthe first two games and he will be a superstar oneday. On the other hand Hawks have Cortez Groves and Glen Saville in their squad and this is one of the most lethal combinations in the league at the moment, both players have been nothing short of incredible so far and with these two playing this well they are capable of beating anyone in the league. They certainly look good the Hawks, but with all the hype and emotion of the Dragons first home match ever in the air, you just cant go past them here. They are paying $2.15 to win and the Hawks are short at $1.71 so again tread carefully. The value here is again in the margin betting where i will look at Dragons to win under 10.5 at $3.00. I also like the looks of the Over 203.5 total points $1.90. Apart from tgat there isnt alot of other value here so i will leave it at that. Pick Dragons to WIN at $2.15 - (6/10) Pick Dragons Under 10.5 at $3.00 - (5/10) Pick Game Total OVER 203.5 at $1.90 - (6/10)

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) To conclude, the following bets look the goods: Pick Cairns to win UNDER 10.5 at $2.70 - (5/10) Pick Game score UNDER 206.5 at $1.90 - (4/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Cairns/Sydney HT/FT at $6.30 - (2/10) Pick Melbourne -14 POINTS at $2.05 - (7/10) Pick Melbourne OVER 10.5 at $1.71 - (8/10) Pick Game Total OVER 196.5 at $1.90 - (6/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Melbourne over 10.5 into Cairns Under 10.5 at $4.70 - (5/10) Pick West Sydney to WIN at $2.05 - (5/10) Pick West Sydney UNDER 10.5 at $2.90 - (4/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick West Sydney OVER 10.5 at $5.80 - (2/10) Pick Dragons to WIN at $2.15 - (6/10) Pick Dragons Under 10.5 at $3.00 - (5/10) Pick Game Total OVER 203.5 at $1.90 - (6/10)

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) Melbourne to win Over 10.5 points would be my strongest bet as they should win easily. Best value of the evening is in the Dragons to win under 10.5 points at $3.00. Good luck everyone punting tonight and i hope the winning tips can continue!! :ok

I believe they dont get too much action for australian basketball. Well they may do in the morning lol...That melbourne game youve posted looks a decent punt...were can someone follow the game scores???which is more likely to hit the total or side??? i know you have given them both a good rating....I may go with a accumulator with both...
The games can be tracked on the website www.nbl.com.au and they update the games live with a livetracker which updates every couple of seconds. Its quite good actually i use it a fair bit. As for the Under/Over 194.5 to give you an idea here are the following team averages: Overall Melbourne avg 95 for & 95 against Singapore avg 98 for & 97 against Home vs Away Melbourne avg 94 for & 86 against Singapore avg 82 for & 94 against So i guess you can see why the points are at 194.5, but Melbourne should get a huge score tonight in my opinion and if Singapore get a few aswell it will well and truly get into 200. Only a couple of games into the season though so averages dont count for much after 2 games or so.

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) I'll stick with my NBL betting plan...(only for televised games it has to be said!)... ...Play OVER if no-one here has any opinion. No play if someone likes the under... ...and if someone likes the over...too late, I'm already on it! :lol:

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) OVERS 205.5 .. South Dragons vs Wollongong - $1.85 First home game for the Dragons, they'll look to turn on an end to end affair .. Apart from this there's next to nobody in their side who's renound for defense .. Hawks also high scorers of late .. Hit over 100 in all but one of their matches thus far ..

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) Might be an 'over' double for me then... ...Dragons/'Gong and Melbourne/Slingers both over the totals. Oh, and I'm no expert, so can someone tell me why Perth are getting 5.5 points @ Brisbane? Redhage is on fire, Rogers is, well, Rogers... ...their one 'weakness' is probably control at PG, but apparently Brooks more than held his own v. Rilley in Townsville. Home court I know, but 5.5 sems a lot??

To conclude, the following bets look the goods: Pick Cairns to win UNDER 10.5 at $2.70 - (5/10) Pick Game score UNDER 206.5 at $1.90 - (4/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Cairns/Sydney HT/FT at $6.30 - (2/10) Pick Melbourne -14 POINTS at $2.05 - (7/10) Pick Melbourne OVER 10.5 at $1.71 - (8/10) Pick Game Total OVER 196.5 at $1.90 - (6/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Melbourne over 10.5 into Cairns Under 10.5 at $4.70 - (5/10) Pick West Sydney to WIN at $2.05 - (5/10) Pick West Sydney UNDER 10.5 at $2.90 - (4/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick West Sydney OVER 10.5 at $5.80 - (2/10) Pick Dragons to WIN at $2.15 - (6/10) Pick Dragons Under 10.5 at $3.00 - (5/10) Pick Game Total OVER 203.5 at $1.90 - (6/10)
Apart from the Dragons game, it was yet another great round for profit. 6 out of 10 tips correct exlcuding the long shots, 1 out of 3 including long shots. Another fantastic night in NBL with profits alround, and if it werent for the Dragons poor showing it would of been a hell of a lot better. In my preview i did warn to be careful with this game as the Hawks are a better side and capable of beating anyone, but i thought with all the hype and emotion of the Dragons first ever home game they would be able to rise to the occasion. Oh well, not to be. So overall an outlay of 69 units and a return 92 units representing a 33% return on your money. :cheers :cheers :cheers

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) Bullets vs Wildcats The match of the round in my opinion, the top two teams fighting it out but its a very hard game to call. Wildcats have gotten off to their best ever start with 5 straight wins while Bullets arent far behind with 4 from 5. It should be a good game as either team is capable of winning, Wildcats make the long 3 hour trip up to Brisbane for this match and while both teams are in great form, but i slightly favour the Bullets. Their players such as Sam McKinnon, CJ Bruton and Mark Bradtke are very hard to contain and Ebi Ere is in brilliant form also. Perth are very good offensively Paul Rodgers returning to the great form we know he has. The Bullets are paying $1.36 for the win with Wildcats $3.18, but thats too short for a team playing against a team thats undefeated. The margin betting has proved sucessfull for me so far so Bullets under 10.5 appeals to me at $2.60 and i also like the Bullets/Bullets halftime/fulltime bet at $1.72 but it is a bit shorot though, and finally the over 204.5 game total is at $1.90 and id be happy to take that. To conclude i must warn to be careful because you cant under estimate the Wildcats who are undefeated, but the Bullets should win but i advise not to put high stakes on this. Pick Bullets to win UNDER 10.5 at $2.60 - (4/10) Pick Game Total OVER 204.5 at $1.90 - (6/10) or the ads25 longshot of: Pick Wildaats/Bullets HT/FT at $5.75 - (2/10) Good luck to those punting here :ok

Re: NBL Australian Basketball - Round 4 (Oct 9-15) Luckily I got home too late from the melbourne victory game tonight Ads to get on the Bulltes, and lucky I didn't ;) Your efforts in here with your tips have been nothing short of top notch...keep it up you will end up making us all rich :notworthy