Tennis - Metz & Tokyo

Sebastien Grosjean vs Florian Mayer Grosjean hasn't played well at all, all year. He has to many ups and downs and sometimes he makes you wonder what tha heck is up to. Losing to players like Moodie, El Aynaoui, Dent doesnt impress me at all. I've had my eyes on Mayer ever since he won the Tampere tournament and he has made me some good money reaching the final in Sopot (Clay) (lost to Davydenko, winning the Graz Tournament (HC) and finally reaching the quaterfinals in Romania av winning both his DC games. Mayer is impressing me right now, Grosjean ain't. IMO the price on Mayer is just too good to miss. Florian Mayer - 2.76 @ Pinnacle 8/10

Re: Tennis - Metz & Tokyo A couple for me early tomorrow morning in Tokyo: Juan Monaco vs. Edgardo Massa An all-Argentinean battle in Japan in this second round clash, but favourite Juan Monaco has had a tough time recently, he has only victory in his last seven matches. The 22-year old has had a good season on clay but continues to struggle on hard courts, he hasn’t won a match on the surface since the Australian Open, including three successive defeats since August, to Stefan Koubek last week, James Blake in the US Open and the World No. 273 Alex Kuznetsov. Massa takes better form into this contest, he reached a clay Challenger semi-final two weeks ago, took Jarkko Nieminen to three-sets in Thailand and beat Konstantinos Econimidis 6-3, 6-1 in the First Round here. Massa also has a better hard-court record, he retired when a set-all and 3-3 against Dimitry Tursunov in Washington two months ago and also has two Challenger semi-finals and a quarter-final this season. With form and surface form in his favour, Massa must stand a great chance here. Tip: 7pts Massa @ 2.48 (Pinnacle)

Wesley Moodie vs. Stefan Koubek I’m struggling to understand the prices on this match, Moodie may have won this tournament last year but his present form is not brilliant, whereas Koubek is on a good run at the moment. Moodie beat good some players last year, including Ancic, Nieminen and Youzhny, but a defeat to James Auckland, World No. 413, last week doesn’t suggest the South African is in great form. He reached the Washington quarter-finals in August and also the third round in the US Open, but recent defeats to Nenad Zimonjic and Michal Mertinak are also a worry. Koubek shot back to form last week, reaching the semi-finals in Mumbai beating Ancic before losing to Thomas Berdych and he has continued his impressive return to hard courts by beating Stefano Galvani in the first round here. The Austrian hadn’t had a great hard court record this season until last week’s return, but a month away from the surface appears to have done him some good and this is an excellent price for a Koubek win. Tip: 7pts Koubek @ 4.30 (Betfair)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.