Virgin STT Challenge

BAM

Due to popular demand, the STT challenge returns this October, and this one is not to be missed!! The winner of October's STT challenge will receive a €6000 package to the Copenhagen EPT event in January, competing with Europe's finest for a likely $1 million dollar first prize. The challenge is quite straightforward – Win as many STTs as you can in October. This constitutes 5 handed, 10 handed and heads-up single table tournaments (with a minimum buy-in of $10). Whoever wins the most games wins the package, simple as that! There will also be prizes for the next 4 finishers of video Ipods and V-points. For the full rundown and terms and conditions see the Virgin Blog

Re: Virgin STT Challenge These comps annoy me a bit. They are solely based on quantity (and I can see it makes sense from Virgins point of view) - but for a lot of players like myself time is at a premium - so there is no chance whatsoever of winning. I wish they would sometimes have a similar event based on quality somehow.

Re: Virgin STT Challenge

They are solely based on quantity (and I can see it makes sense from Virgins point of view) - but for a lot of players like myself time is at a premium - so there is no chance whatsoever of winning.
I notice the last one was won with 733 points - over 25 days or so..... that's about 29 points a day ..... That's 6 x 10 seat STT wins a day, ("average" player must play 60 per day) or 10 x 5 Seat STT wins a day ("average" player must play 50 per day) or 29 x Heads Up Wins a day ("average" player must play 58 per day) Will certainly need a commitment from someone wanting to go for it...... Having said that, 5th place (£200) can be won with about a third of that -9 points per day (based on the last one)

Re: Virgin STT Challenge

These comps annoy me a bit. They are solely based on quantity (and I can see it makes sense from Virgins point of view) - but for a lot of players like myself time is at a premium - so there is no chance whatsoever of winning. I wish they would sometimes have a similar event based on quality somehow.
I think the Sporting Odds one would probably fit the bill Cloud - it's based on profit. 20th place on the Sept one is currently on $14 profit, so you should be able to make the money easily based on the stats you posted up before. And it's only a $5 table. This month's thread here http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33982