NFL Wk. 3.

9-5 (+3.43) Two definates this week (3 kinda!)...and 4-5 leans, but I reckon I'll just stick with the 2 goodies...hated throwing away a good week last week with the late under and even Miami which I dind't really like. :wall Chicago -3 League: 2-17-1 (av. loss 12.8) any home dog, off a 3- ats win as any home fav. [Min] (0-1 last season. Philli 0-42 Seattle @ +4) 0-10-1 (Av. loss 15.3!) if they were favs of 3 or less. People will point to the fact that Chicago have beaten two of the worst teams in the country, but Minni have been pretty fortunate themselves. They have played two teams that simply can't score! Minni have scored just 1 offensive TD in 2 games, and were extremely lucky to force OT last week with Carolina fumbling on a rediculous lateral, and they still needed a trick play to get in the end zone. Grossman is on fire for the Bears, completing passes at over 10.4 y/a, 71% and a rating of 128.7!! This gives them the balance they have been missing in recent years, as they still have a strong running game and soid defense. I don't see how Minni score much more than 10 in this one, and the Bears shold roll on with another decent win. (Pissed off I missed the -3 @ 2.00 early...will wait now to see if it settles back on -3...but if not I don't mind taking -3.5 at a decent price :ok ) (1/2) Tennessee +11...(1/2) Tenn ML (~ 6.75!!) League: 3-12 (8-7 SU...av. win 4.5) home 7+ fav, off a 14+ ats loss as home fav of 7 or less. [Mia] (0-1 last season. Cinci 21-14 GB @ -9) Two favs of 10+ both lost SU!!! League: 11-3 SU! (Av. WIN 0.8) any away dog, off a 14+ ats loss as away 7+ dog, if opp is off any ats loss! [Tenn] 5-0 SU! (Av. WIN 7.8) off a 21+ ats loss. Sure, Tennessee have looked terrible so far, but plenty of teams will get belted @ SD...and statistically they hung with the Jets. Miami have looked every bit as bad!!! They certainly can't possibly be DD fav's...and in a spot where historically they are 50/50 chance to win this game, the current odds are MASSIVE...and definately worth a shot. :drums

Re: NFL Wk. 3. I have to say that the two best bets of the weekend (now that I am on!!!) :lol would appear to be with Premierbet though you may have to get there quick Baltimore (+6.5) to beat Cleveland @ 1.91 and Philadelphia (+6.5) to beat San Fran also 1.91 get on quick dont see any way that can last long!!!!!! but it is surely a license to print money :nana

Re: NFL Wk. 3. Baltimore and Philli are both minus 6/6.5...(Soryy, someone beat me to it!) I'm gonna start to pay more attention to the NFL, been focusing on college and it's paid off in a big way. Sponger, if it's paying off, I wouldn't change a thing! :lol: I got interupted half way through that last post of mine...so here are my other "leans"... Seattle -3.5...probably the strongest, and one I'm likely to play. League: 9-2 (Av. win 8.1) home fav of 7 or less, off a 10+ SU win as home fav of 7 or less, if opp is off any upset SU win. [seattle] (1-0 last season. NYG 27-10 NO @ -3) ...because I agree totally with the situation. WAY too much hype about the Giants this week. Yeah, yeah, massive comeback, Manning this, Manning that...fact is they were 17 down against a Philli team that isn't expected to go too far, and were only let back in to the game due to i) A poor Philli running game that couldn't keep them on the field with the clock ticking. ii) 2 very poor turnovers (A turn over on downs as they went for a 4th and 1, and a fumble in NYG territory). Neither of which will be the case this week. I'm not sure Seattle have started the year all that well either, but tough ask for NYG, coming off an emotional Div win on the road, only to fly cross-country to play one of the most solid teams in the NFL. Washington @ Houston under 37.5 League: 2-10 under (Av. total 39.6...av. score 32.2) away fav of 7 or less, off a 10+ ats loss as away dog of 7 or less, if opp was last a dog. [Wash] Washington's offense has been terrible so far, but not sure about this one, as it looks early like anyone can score 20+ on this Houston D. SF +6.5 League: 4-12 (Av. LOSS 1.8) away fav of 7 or less, off a 7+ ats loss as home 3- fav. [Phil] 1-8 (Av. LOSS 6.9) if opp ifs off any ats win! I see a couple of people on Philli here already...and logically it looks the play, but I just don't think SF are geting enough respect yet. They are 2-0 ats, and coming off an easy home win where they moved the ball well. We saw Philli struggle to run the ball last week, and it may come back to haunt them again with Westbrook ?? (hasn't trained), and Kearse out for the year on the defensive side. Got a feeling SF keep this one close, if not score the upset. Cinci/Pits under 41.5 League: 4-12 under (av. total 40.5...av. score 36.1) any away dog, off an ats win as home 10+ fav, if opp is off any ats loss. [Cinci] (0-3 under last season. Wash 0-36 NYG @ 42.5, Atl 3-16 Chic @ 30.5, Denv 23-7 SD @ 44) League: 4-10 under (Av. total 41.1...av. score 33.8) home 3- fav, off a 10+ ats loss as away 3- fav. [Pits] ...so a combined 8-22 under situation. Might play this one. Pittsburgh offense looks terrible. BR clearly isn't 100%, and I think the Cinci D can hold the running game in check. (They allowed just 32 yards in 14 att's to Droughns last week, and Larry Johnson 17-68 in week 1.) My only concern is what Cinci might put up on the Steelers!!! ...actually I'm leaning toward taking Cinci with the points...but the under looks ok aswell.

Re: NFL Wk. 3.

Danj2202 Its Baltimore and Philadelphia - 6.5 @ 1.91 ;)
i suggest before you get smart with me you go to www.premierbet.com and take a look i assure you i have just gone and checked and baltimore and philly are BOTH still +6.5 too good to be true they are the only company to have the handicap that way round believe me or not but i am on

i suggest before you get smart with me you go to www.premierbet.com and take a look i assure you i have just gone and checked and baltimore and philly are BOTH still +6.5 too good to be true they are the only company to have the handicap that way round believe me or not but i am on
Yeah, they've made a mistake and got the handicap the wrong way round. They'll almost certainly void your bets when they realize, I'm afraid.

Spoke to soon ehh check it again

Re: NFL Wk. 3. Taza is Seattle really your strongest play. Because the Giants is one my strongest plays. Seattle's OL isn't the same after the loss of Hutch. They've given up 10 sacks in 2 games (I think they gave up around 20 all of last year) to 2 average defenses in Detroit and Arizona. You know Osi and Strahan are pinning their ears back. Remember these teams played in Seattle last year and the Giants dominated Seattle only to have Feely miss 3 FGs in OT and finally lose 27-24.

Re: NFL Wk. 3. No Rob... Chicago and Tenn are my strongest...and I'm definately playing them. I meant that Seattle was the stroungest of the rest...but I doubt whether I'll play any of those now. Pits/Cinci total now at 43, but 2 starting LB's out for Cinci could lead to Parker getting some good yards/points. Polamalu looks to be hurting, and was virtually ineffective last week... The under in Seattle could be a decent play @ 43 or more. Seattle having problems with their O-line (as you mentioned)...Stevens out (TE), and looks like Branch will be 3rd WR...and again, as you pointed out, they haven't looked like scoring much against 2 crappy teams...although Det run D will surprise a few teams at home. Another total that could be ok is the Balt/Cleve;and under @ 34 (not sure if there's any 34 left tho)...Obviously the Browns will struggle to score as it is, but they are "cutting back" on some offensive and defensive packages to help the players concentrate!! We saw what happened last week when Denver did the same thing...9-6 in OT! Run, run, run, short pass, run... ...Balt offense hurting too with Ogden and Lewis both ??

Re: NFL Wk. 3. In fact, now I'm going to scratch all those "extra" plays anyway...gone!...for good!...not to be used for last minute sucker bets!!! :wall Right, so Chicago -3 (1.80) 1/2 Tenn +11 (1.93), 1/2 Tenn ML (6.65) and... Baltimore @ Cleveland under 34 (1.87) The Raven D is on fire, allowing just 6 points in 2 games, and there's no reason to think that a stagnant Cleveland can do much better, even at home. As I said earlier, the coaching staff are effectively "dumbing down" the play-book, so I'm expecting conservative, ball control in an attempt to limit the turnovers that Baltimore have been feasting on in thier first 2 games. Baltimore have scored 27 and 28 points, but they've had

Re: NFL Wk. 3. Just started looking for this week, and found this;

Terrorist Alert at Oakland Raiders Practice FBI called in
OAKLAND , (CA)--Oakland Raiders football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach Art Shell immediately suspended practice and called the police and federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to players was the goal line. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.
:cry :cry :cry

Valiant23, if I had a dollar for every time I've been sent that damn joke in the past few days, I could retire :$ That's ok...we'll be back
I just tell myself things could be worse.... I could be a Buccs fan! ;) Chicago (-4) @ Minnesota I don't think its controversial to say that Chicago are the best team in their Division, and I fully expect them to put Minni to the sword this week, having already demolished Det and GB. Last year they had a great defence, and this year Grossman finally looks like he could be the final piece in the jigsaw. I mean he has hardly played in the last 3 years and the coaches must see something in him that means they haven't cut or traded him by now surely? This will be a good test for him though. Try as I might, I can't see anything to suggest that Minni will win this, although The home team has won each of the last eight meetings in this series, with Chicago's last victory at the Vikings being 2001. Thats the only fly in the ointment for me. I really wish I could see why Minni have only +4pts here, as I think Chicago will win by at least a TD. Jacksonville @ (-7)Indianapollis A devastatingly wonderful performance from Jax had me screaming in frustration last week, and I believe they could be looking forward to a post season this year, but I just think that the line of -7 maybe is showing them a little too much respect. Pitts last week were misfiring all over, and even if Jax face another 'misfiring' offence this is certainly one that is potent enough to give Jax a game, and I expect that although it may be a good match I think Indy can cover.... just. Baltimore(-6.5) @ Cleveland The Ravens put in a dominating performance against the Raiders last week, and I fully expect more of the same here. Clevelands defence is lacking several starters which means that Baltimore shouldn't have too much trouble moving the ball, while Frye and Droughns are currently out of sorts too, which means that maybe the Ravens could have an easier game than last week. I would have loved to have come up with an astoundingly insightful pick, but I don't have one yet. :$ :$ :$

Re: NFL Wk. 3. Wooo Woooo just 5 hours and 19 minutes to go until NFL Sunday!!! ....and my boys are behind the red button today to stomp on the colts :loon I also get to see my 2nd team live in the 2nd game...GO CARDS!!!! :loon Back in a little while with some picks...sunday roast MUST be eaten first! LIFE = GOOD! :)

Re: NFL Wk. 3. These are my picks for this NFL week 3 (I took them on Tuesday): 1) Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts ----> UNDER 45 2) Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings ----> Chicago -3 3) Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers -----> UNDER 35 4) Philadelphia Eagles @ SF 49ers -----> Philadelphia -6 5) Denver Broncos @ NE Patriots -----> UNDER 39 I made my bets on Tuesday ,so the lines have moved... :(. GL :hope

Re: NFL Wk. 3. Jacksonville Jaguars +7.0 @ Indianapolis Colts -7.0 Jacksonville +7.0 at will hill These teams are division rivals and know each other really well. Easy to prepare. Plus colts have injuries, can't stop the run, and are one dimensional on offense. No running game to set up play action. Doesn't bode well against a Jax D. Plus physical teams usually man handle the finess colt's. I like the under in this game as well.But i am gonna take points. GL. NCAA week 4 -6W/1P/2L NCAA week 1- 7W/2L NCAA week 2 - 2W/2L NCAAweek3-2W/3L NFL week 1- 1W/2L NFL week 2 -1W/0L Overall 19W/1P/11L

Re: NFL Wk. 3. OK ive got some picks, Havent got time to post up some analysis, im too busy getting pumped up for the big Jags/Colts game!!! (All bets at bet365) TENNESSEE to win outright @ Miami 5pts*6.50 WASHINGTON (-2.5) @ Houston 5pts*1.65 CAROLINA @ TAMPA BAY OVER 33.5 5pts*1.95 BALTIMORE (-6.5) @ CLEVELAND 5pts*1.80 ST LOUIS @ ARIZONA OVER 43.5 5pts*1.91 PHILADELPHIA (-6.5) @ SAN FRANCISCO 5pts*1.91 GL TO ALL IN YOUR PLAYS......AND.....GO JAGS!!!!! :ok

OK ive got some picks, Havent got time to post up some analysis, im too busy getting pumped up for the big Jags/Colts game!!! (All bets at bet365) TENNESSEE to win outright @ Miami 5pts*6.50 WASHINGTON (-2.5) @ Houston 5pts*1.65 CAROLINA @ TAMPA BAY OVER 33.5 5pts*1.95 BALTIMORE (-6.5) @ CLEVELAND 5pts*1.80 ST LOUIS @ ARIZONA OVER 43.5 5pts*1.91 PHILADELPHIA (-6.5) @ SAN FRANCISCO 5pts*1.91 GL TO ALL IN YOUR PLAYS......AND.....GO JAGS!!!!! :ok
Jags up early 7:0:) GL. Post analysis only if u have time. Rresearch is more important.