Steamers & Drifters

Re: Steamers & Drifters I haven't updated this in a couple of days because I haven't been in front of the PC all afternoon, and I don't like to post selections 2 minutes before the off. I have tried to explain the selection method, and today the tipsters system had two selections in one race. 15 minutes before the race they were both around 3.85. 5 minutes before the off, one of the horses steamed to 3.35 and the other drifted to 7.0. Guess which one won? The 7.0... I have no idea what causes these (absurd in my opinion) price movements, gossip, TV interviews, don't know, but they are there every day... If you look at the price movements in the 10 minutes before the off, try refreshing the market prices once every minute and you'll immediately spot them. Not every race has them, but it appears to be very profitable to back the drifters (yield over 50%) and lay the steamers (yield around 6/7%). I'll try to update when I can, to see if this maintains a long term tendency.

Re: Steamers & Drifters I definitely don't want to see this die, but I don't like to post selections 2 or 3 minutes before the off. Having looked at this for some time now and seeing it is very profitable, I came up with an easy way to paper test and grab every steamer and drifter betting at lunch time or even better 1 hour before the off. So the basic idea is looking at all horses with current price under 10.0, and placing a lay bet at 20% below current price and a back bet at 33% above current price. It's easy to make a chart in excel to immediately tell you the price you should place your bet. Let's say I look at a race at 12:30 and the favourite has odds of 2.0. I place a lay bet at 1.8 and a back bet at 2.34. This way, if the horse has a price movement I catch it, if not my bets don't get matched. It is important to make sure that the market has some liquidity, below 103/104%, and no big gaps between the back and lay odds. The ideal is to place the bets one hour before the off, enough liquidity already and the money will now start to come into the market. I will continue testing this with 1 Euro bets just to be able to record results, and please notice that every horse under 10.0 will be a selection, so it will hard to proof my results, unless I posted every price for every horse, which would clutter the thread. This is more of proofing a strategy than providing daily picks like regular systems.

• 1 year later...