Steamers & Drifters

THIS IS JUST A PAPER TRIAL I'll keep posting here for a few days what happens if you LAY steamers and BACK Drifters. Oddschecker has a market movers page where you can keep track of steamers and drifters, so I'll use it to lay steamers when they fall below 4.0 decimal odds and back drifters with prices up to 10.0 decimal odds. All prices will be Betfair.

Re: Steamers & Drifters I will include all horses with prices up to 9/1 (betfair 10.0 more or less), just to see if something comes up. Ripon 14.20 Steamer:Inside Story Steamer: Desert Lightning Prices will be recorded in the final minute before the off.

Re: Steamers & Drifters For the steamers I'm looking mostly at non-favourites that have lower odds than the horse above them, since BF orders the horses by their odds during the day, this is an indication that either the horse with the lower odds is a steamer or the horse above it is drifting. I then look at how the price has performed ever since the money has started to come in, because early on there are some weird peaks in odds taken, etc. I don't use a fixed percentage, it's a bit subjective, 3.5 to 3.0 is a steamer, 1.8 to 1.6 is also, but for drifters I'm looking for bigger price movements (drifters actually have normally bigger price moves). A 4.0 to 4.5 is not a drifter, but a 4.8 to 4.0 is a steamer. Just paper test it for yourself, they are very easy to spot, and I think there is great value in them, going from 3.85 to 7.0 in 15 minutes is totally artificial...