** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Quick System

Guest ralphie7

Re: Quick System stop bleedin questioning yourself ralph! we're all big boys so its its our choice if we want to back these with real dosh!! as you say mate, this is proven over a good few years now....you get dry spells, so does all betting though!...but it's the overall profit figures that we need to weigh up.....and that's what they are PROFIT figures, not loss figures mate... almost 2000pts to 10pt level stakes :loon :clap you derserve a knighthood if you ask me.... we'll keep pluggin away mate, patiently waiting until you pick us another beauty out the bag :ok :notworthy

Re: Quick System

hey ralphie, waht do you do for a living then??
left school at 15 mate no qualifications at all never interested in school appart from football and athletics played for county at football and had a couple of trials at Middlesbrough when Stan Anderson was manager. Only ever wanted to be a footballer ( every kids dream ) . Didn't work out though. :( ended up working for my Dad in his Grocers shop. didn't really want to but didn't have a clue what i wanted to do. it was a job though. I got paid what he could afford to pay me at the time. My mates thought i was on a cushy number plus big wages. Little did they know i was on a smaller wage than all of them. Got made a partner at 21 got married at 23 had 2 kids 1 girl 1 boy they are both working now my daughter is a solicitor and my son is a teacher/artist. We then changed the shop into a Convenience Store. Joined Spar about 5 or 6 years ago So i own and run a Spar Convenience Store. bit boring really :zzz whats your story ?

Hi Twinny all right mate ? how long do you get off at Christmas?
Ralphie we work 4 on 6 off ,12 hour shifts, finish about the 22nd or so(no shift pattern in front of me to check)im in work on the 29th for a mate,then next year we start a different pattern so not back till the 6th of jan:dude

Re: Quick System Strange I never had you down as running a shop. How did you get in to the horses? If were doin life stories than mine is pretty straightforward, left school at 18 armed with qualifications but never knew what I wanted to do so ended up working as a commercial manager for 8 years in the aerospace industry. Met my missus four years ago, now have 2 kids, one girl and one boy. Fancied a change in career and now work in community safety and cctv, been doing that for 2 years and love it.

Re: Quick System oh go on then!! i'm 23...almost 24... (wise beyond my years :ok). i work as a spark for the local council...mind numbing really no kids yet, no wife!!....although i just came out of a 4 year relationship!....i am now enjoying my money and my freedom :clap.... think we may have one for tomorrow ralph!!? :hope we'll stick by you all the way :cheers

Re: Quick System Thursday 03/12/2009 Wolverhampton 04:45 TOURIST f/c. *** stake = *** *** Stake using R/P forecast price. 7/1 or less then stake = 10 pts. WIN above 7/1 then stake = 5 pts. EACH WAY Racing Post now charge for early forecast prices I'm not going to pay so I will post the selections like this. unless its after 9 am when I will include them The forecast prices are free after 9 am :hope

How did you get in to the horses?
ok but dont say i didn't warn you you will be bored to tears :zzz my Dad lived and dreamed horses. he once told me he had bet on 2 flies climbing up a wall :eek and if you knew him you wouldn't doubt it. anyway i had no interest in them at all not a bit. never gambled except the fun bet on the National. i think i saw so much of how it got a hold of my Dad. anyway about 7 or 8 years ago i lost the sight in my left eye due to a stroke. Lucky really everything else works appart from my eye. At the time it happened though it turned my life upside down- depression feeling sorry for myself,guilt at feeling sorry for myself loss of confidence black thoughts, lack of self esteem, not wanting to go out - the lot had the councelling thing as well. won't go into it all in detail but i still go back down there into that hole every now and again . I have to really really fight it. I was at Crufts about 2 years ago and i had arranged to meet Billy Hills and his Lady there. really looking forward to it as Billy is a guy who i have always got on with and admired on Punters Lounge. his knowledge about racing is imense. He will go out of his way to help you if you ask him. i texted him a couple of times while i was there which went to voice mail. In the end i never got to meet him. Mainly due to my lack of confidence which hit me while i was there whether it was to do with all the crowds i don't know but i basically bottled it. Billy doesn't know about this as i have never told him. Anyway from that point i found Punters Lounge and i started doing the horses. Got into Systems which fascinate me. read and read and read about Racing and Systems. I know quite a bit now but no where near the amount of knowledge that some of the guys on here have. i am still learning. My Dad will be p*ssing himself up there watching me. I have been out of control with the gambling big time. blown the lot on stupid bets ( emptied my Bank Account ) a couple of times. all down to the sight loss/depression problems Anyway i am back in control now. I don't back every day or even every other day I do back all the Quick System selections plus other selective bets but i do make money now. wake up !!!! :lol what you call me a boring old fart :lol

Re: Quick System well mate you have been thru the wars. Your dad sounds like my kind of man, i live betting. have blown the savings a few times, but learnt from my mistakes. its all about discipline and i tell you what i learnt a lot from this place. only been here a few months but its helped me to stay in control and i actually have paid for xmas this year thanks to this place....something im very proud of

Hi Ralphie Thanks for a very honest post. I'm very sorry to hear about your eyesight problems, especially as I have a personal interest in eyesight and vision myself. All the best Ralphie, and thanks for the tips.
Are you an optician???? Ralphie, those two posts were really touching as I know myself what it's like to not have everything in working order (although this is your time now, so I will wait until I am ready for mine). You just have to remember that there are many other people out there with a lot worse problems than yourself and that you are beating yourself up over nothing. Funny how beasts (rather magnificent ones) can bring men together :clap

Re: Quick System jayalexander

You just have to remember that there are many other people out there with a lot worse problems than yourself and that you are beating yourself up over nothing.
i do mate hence the feeling of guilt when i did feel sorry for myself. you know i think what made it worse was at that time i was running 8 miles a day min and doing 1/2 marathons and marathons i thought i was fit as a lop it was a shock to not even be able to pour a glass of lemonade or a cup of tea without it swilling over the top. useless comes to mind you have to learn other ways of judging things.