Golf, the open

Re: Golf, the open Two bets for me: F.Molinari TOP TEN 80/1 Skybet Decent Italian player with some good results on tour this year. He's top tenned 4 times on the Euro tour and won the Italian. Might also go top amateur at 13/8. C.Montgomerie E/W 1/4 123456 33/1 Betfred Errrm, huge value here - this is a silly price. Monty is focused at the moment and is playing very well. This course will also suit him down to the ground and I fully expect him to be in the shake-up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf, the open British Open..... [url=http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6864/2619/1600/untitled.0.jpg] .... returns to Royal Liverpool c.c. in Hoylake, for the first time in almost 40 years, so little course form to go on. Listed at 7258 yards long, it will play much,much shorter, due to the arid conditions. Winner is likely to be someone who gets hot with his approach shots, especially with the wedge. Going to start very steady and suggest a little each way on Vijay Singh, we are sure to play again at the weekend after we have a little more knowledge, but this is a good start to our portfolio. VJ is in good shape, finishing 1-6-4 in his last three tournaments and with two top 5's in his last three Open's, the Fijian is finally coming to terms with links golf. He will enjoy the good weather and the flat greens will negate many of his putting problems, which has been his achilles heel. Think VJ will not be too far away come Sunday afternoon. I like Geoff Ogilvy, who did us a favour in the US Open, in the top Australasian market. Odds of 7.50 with VC Bet, are fair for a man who has already won a major this year and finished 16th in the Masters. Last year at St. Andrews he was 5th and is a much better, more confident player now. He could go very close. The hard, sunburnt conditions will suit the Australians, who have grown up playing in such conditions. I am going to take two of them to win their early 3 balls. First up, Rod Pampling to beat Owen and Furyk who is very unhappy here, the American has been making negative comments after each practice round. Jim has missed the last 5 Open cuts, Owen the last 2, our man Rod has made the last 2, won this year and will enjoy the conditions. Next choice is Allenby to beat Dodd and Hamilton, who was a shock Open winner two years ago, but has very poor form since, missing 15/19 cuts this year. Dodd has recent winning form, but very little Open experience. Ten years ago, Allenby looked a certain future Open winner, but has yet to produce the goods, however, he is returning to form, has made the cut in 9/11 appearances and has 3 top 20 Open finishes to his name. Really like his chances in the 3 ball. 1 point ew Vijay Singh outright 17.0 1/4 odds 12345 general 2 points ew Geoff Ogilvy 7.50 1/4 odds 123 vc bet 2 points Rod Pampling 3.0 general 09.09 cet 3 ball 3 points Robert Allenby 2.375 general 09.31 cet 3 ball www.ubet2win.blogspot.com

Re: Golf, the open Hi all; On the radio today (Australia SEN) there were reliable reports from an ex-golfer (I'd be more specific but can not remember his name, Brett Oagle maybe) who had been told that Tiger Woods' caddy have put 10 000 pounds on Tiger straight, his reasoning was that Tiger had said he was going to not hit the drivers at all and concentrate on fairway position with the long irons. All reports are Woods is on fire with the iron and short game. Price has come down a lot here. Just some info, I'd say 7/10 for reliability.

Re: Golf, the open I have taken Tiger Woods at 5/1 to win outright. Accuracy off the tee is the key to posting low scores here this week, he looks like he is going to ditch his erratic driver, and go with a 2i from the tee. In the practice rounds he only missed 1 fairway using the 2i. With his imagination and incredible shot making ability I can not see past him defending his title. I have also placed bets on these guys, all e/w - Adam Scott @ 40/1 Scott Verplank @ 150/1 Geoff Ogilvy @ 50/1 Vijay Singh @ 16/1 Best of luck. Steve.

Re: Golf, the open

settled on B Langer @ 300/1 Skybet +2 M Weir 80/1 -4 K ferrie 125/1 +4 J Daly 150/1 EVEN N Dougherty 150/1 +2 G Mcdowell 125/1 -6 LEADER R Green 125/1 -1 A Oberhauser 100/1 +1 all others with p power all to win - 1pt win
happy with those 1st round scores, long way to go.

Re: Golf, the open kevouze38, Imada and Rollins both shot 67's in the US Tour event, the BC Open. dgk; I had to have a couple of weeks off due to moving house and having no internet connection, i'm still waiting for Tiscali to get there act together so on dial up and its crap so little time to update stuff but should be back to normal next week. Bowles, nice one mate, hope Mcdowell keeps it up although Superman looks dangerous after his eagle at the last. Not the best of starts for my lot i'm afraid!!

Re: Golf, the open Ok guys....we might as well put down our weapons because the Tiger is and will be just too good. I surrender. He used the driver once, his control off the tee was brilliant. His iron play was very good, except for a couple of missed shots on the "wrong" side of the green but that didn't phase him because his scrambling was brilliant. His putting (most importantly) was very very solid, he didn't miss a putt from within 2 metres and that is vital on this course. His score could have been anything, he burnt the edge of the hole a few times from very makeable distances and failed to make a birdie on the par five tenth after his ball plugged in the bunker. He still shot 5 fricken under. All this was done in the afternoon, in windy conditions and on spiked up greens. He tees off early today in "better scoring conditions". The writing is on the wall...................... p.s. nice work Steve. 5/1 is looking great right now and will look sensational come Sunday afternoon :clap p.p.s nice one Bowelsy :clap

Re: Golf, the open Two three ball selections today....... [url=http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6864/2619/1600/ss9%20Tom%20Lehman.jpg] ..... first up, Tom Lehman the former Open winner, he is over priced with William Hill at 2.10. Tom beat both opponents, the out of sorts Philip Price and big hitting American, J.B.Holmes, who has no experience of links golf, by six strokes yesterday. The US Ryder Cup captain was immaculate, hitting almost every fairway and never dropping a shot. Odds on with other bookmakers, that is a truer reflection of his chance. I also like Sean O'Hair to beat the inexperienced Japanese player, Tatsuhiko Ichihara, who shot 78 in the first round and Anthony Wall, who seemed to panic a little when he realised he was leading the Open. O'Hair has really taken to links golf, he shot a nice 69 yesterday, last year on his debut Sean finished 15th, which included a second round 67. Something similar is on the cards today. 3 points Tom Lehman 2.10 william hill 16.04 cet 3 ball. 3 points Sean O'Hair 2.25 general 16.15 cet 3 ball. www.ubet2win.blogspot.com

Outstanding effort from Ernie this afternoon to prevent this going into the weekend as a one man show. Saturdays head to head with Tiger should be mouth watering stuff.
I agree, and it's great to see Ernie back to his best. All the talk tomorrow is going to be of a head-to-head between Els and Woods which could play perfectly into the hands of the almost unnoticed Goosen who is still trading at 18/1 which even if he only places is still a great price IMO.

Re: Golf, the open Els has to be the value pick at this point, Tiger has only a 1 shot lead, I'd put very little between the players in ability terms, two top players in the world, anything could happen so 4's on Els needs to be taken, even if only to lay latter

Els has to be the value pick at this point' date=' Tiger has only a 1 shot lead, I'd put very little between the players in ability terms, two top players in the world, anything could happen so 4's on Els needs to be taken, even if only to lay latter[/quote'] I don't see Els as value at all if I'm honest. How often does a guy keep with Tiger in a "head-to-head"? Also storms are predicted tomorrow and how will Els' game hold up in the winds that they will bring? Tiger's barely using anything other than irons off the tee and his control has been immaculate but with such little golf in recent weeks there's no certainties his game with hold up as we all remember the Saturday he had 2 years ago. As I said earlier, I think Goosen is the best value now, he's only 4 back, can play in the wind, has the experience needed and showed signs today his putter was warming up and should 1 of the front 2 falter like I suspect one will, he's the one who I'd take to capitalise.

Re: Golf, the open This is taken from Golfweb.com A look at the final-round scoring averages for all Major Championships as Professionals for those players within two strokes of the lead: Tiger Woods 70.68 Sergio Garcia 72.45 Chris DiMarco 72.95 Ernie Els 71.58 Jim Furyk 72.09 Angel Cabrera 72.58 Tiger Woods is holding/sharing a 54-hole lead in a major for the 11th time in his career. He has won the previous ten. On the PGA TOUR, Woods is 34 of 37 when in this position, including the last four. What price do you think Tiger Woods should be based on those statistics? $1.20? $1.30? Well on Betfair he is $2.12!!! The statistics say he should win and at that price I'm willing to take a gamble that he will. I've traded to a profit across the board so I'm just going to sit back and watch but that price looks very tempting. Good luck all.

Re: Golf, the open Aye, I can't remember the last time Tiger lost on Sunday when he's led going into the round. I'm having a piece of that price. 10pts T.Woods to win the Open 2.10 Betfair History suggests Tiger gets the job done on Sundays in the majors unlike all his rivals with the exception of Els who can also finish the job off. Tiger's stroke average on Sunday is the lowest of those at the top of the leaderboard and with the 1 stroke lead he is holding I expect him to putt better on Sunday and win a 3rd Open.

Re: Golf, the open Think I have found something special ....... ..... for the final round of the British Open . Over the last 27 holes of the championship, Tiger is 6 under par, Els -5, Garcia -5 ........ Peter Lonard -10, he has 11 birdies and only one dropped shot. He has a really good chance of getting into the top 5 or 6 today, suggest we back him in two markets. First up, to finish in the top ten with Betfair and also to win his two ball against Greg Owen. This is a bet I really like, the British player is level par for the last 27 holes, a full 10 shots worse than the Aussie, Owen is also carrying a back injury and was close to pulling out yesterday. Get on. 2 points Lonard to finish top 10 3.40 Betfair. 5 points Lonard to beat Owen 2.0 general 14.40 cet 2 ball. www.ubet2win.blogspot.com

Think I have found something special ....... Peter Lonard to win his two ball against Greg Owen. This is a bet I really like, the British player is level par for the last 27 holes, a full 10 shots worse than the Aussie, Owen is also carrying a back injury and was close to pulling out yesterday. Get on. 5 points Lonard to beat Owen 2.0 general 14.40 cet 2 ball.
Great spot mate - nervy finish after being 4 ahead by doubled the money in the end.....Thanks for that :ok