Online Pokers Biggest ever Pot

morlspin

Online Cash Game Sets New Records
ian.jpgAuthor: Ian McKenzie [email protected]
Lodden.JPG Online poker reached new heights last night when the largest cash game in Internet history was played out on the tables at the Prima Poker Network. Two players, "Fast_Freddie" and "bad_ip", engaged in an epic battle at the $200/$400 Heads-Up table where, by the end of the night, there was a previously unheard of amount of money on the table. The game began with each player sitting with $40,000 (the max buy-in), but after eight hours and over 20 rebuys, the table had swelled to an astounding $800,000+. bad_ip reportedly took a lead of more than $200,000 in the early hours of the match, but Fast_Freddie battled back, eventually taking the following pot, which set a record for the largest single pot in online poker history. Player "bad_ip" raised from $400 to $1,200 on the button. Fast_Freddie reraised to $4,000, and bad_ip made the call. The flop came out 7c Ah Ac. Fast_Freddie led out with an $8,000 bet, and bad_ip raised to $16,000. Fast_Freddie then re-raised for $32,000, and bad_ip called. The turn was the 5s, and Fast_Freddie led out with a massive $74,000 bet. bad_ip raised all-in for a total of $188,326, and Fast_Freddie made the call. The river was the Kc. Fast_Freddie showed AsJs for trip aces, and bad_ip mucked his hand. The pot total was $465,451, the largest in online poker history. Over 600 observers were watching the match during this pot, jamming the chat box with so many "WOWOWOWOWOWOW's", it was nearly impossible to read. The match ended shortly after the record-setting pot, and Fast_Freddie left the table with over $750,000, a record for the biggest cash game win online. Although Fast_Freddie left with the majority of the cash, nobody is sure how much he ended up profiting after all the rebuys. The real identities of the two players is not confirmed, but "bad_ip" is widely believed to be Norwegian online pro Johnny Lodden (pictured). Fast_Freddie, on the other hand, is still somewhat of a mystery. Many believe Fast_Freddy is World Series of Poker bracelet winner Freddy Deeb. At one point during the match an observer asked "who is Fast_Freddie?", to which he acknowledged that he was Freddy Deeb. There were conflicting reports, however, that Freddy Deeb was in Paris being interviewed by the World Poker Tour at the same time as this high-stakes match. Bluff Magazine would like to thank Roger at www.compatiblepoker.com for the reporting. You can check out a report of the match and some awesome screenshots here: http://www.compatiblepoker.com/%24200+-+400+NL+Internet+Cash+Games+Reaches+%24800%2C000.new.htm

Re: Online Pokers Biggest ever Pot I don't think that was Freddy Deeb, as I know most of the pros online names. One of Phil Iveys online aliases is Joe Buttons, and on Pokerstars Hellmuth used to be #1_Lucky_One. MIke the mouth Matusow is mr poke joke! Still, that is one beast of a pot!!!!

Re: Online Pokers Biggest ever Pot WoW!!!!! Would love to know what bad_ip had!!!!! Fast_Freddie probably does - if the hand is mucked at showdown, both hands are stored in the hand history file..... Am I right in thinking too, that so far as rake is concerned, this would have been capped at $3?

Re: Online Pokers Biggest ever Pot Tho obviously trip aces is a huge hand heads up, bearing in mind it's the biggest ever online hand clashing for that amount of money - I'm surprised such a weak hand took it! I'd love to know what bad IP had too, weaker ace is all I can think..... And, think you're right GaF, certainly would have been capped an amount insignificant to their pot...

Re: Online Pokers Biggest ever Pot Come to think of it, I'm surprised the biggest pot took place on a heads up table at all, there's 200/400 NL 10 seater tables that get plenty action on various sites.....am wondering if this claim is actually accurate