Place Potpourri

Hello Chaps, I woke up with an urge to have a pop at one of my favourite bets today - the placepot. So a visit to the shop for a RP and a cup of tea later, i'm ready to post my selections. I've chosen the Newton Abbot card for the sole reason that i'm 'working' form home today and can watch it on ATR on the tele whilst i'm on my laptop. I wouldn't advise following them with to much of your hard earned - i'm not! This is purely for fun! - although i have has some success in the past winning £100+ now and again. I'll post how it does up here tonight and if i get anywhere close to any money i may have another go tomorrow. . . It doesn't look the best of cards but here we go . . . NEWTON ABBOT LEG 1 - 2.10 1. COMPLETE OUTSIDER 8. SECRET TRAVEL This looks a 2 horse race between Complete Outsider and Fountain Crumble with big question marks over the rest. Whilst obviously, picking faves isn't the way to go its hard to see past this pair and there should be a few better opportunitues later in the card. Complete Outsider carries a stone more than his rival but defied a similar penatly last time out to win under the same jockey. Both Complete Outsider and Fountain Crumble have Course and Distance wins but no horse aged under 6 and over 8 have won this race in the last 10 years - this rules out Fountain Crumble and a few of the others. I'd hate to be out in the first race so, I'm going to have to side with Complete Outsider and hope it gets well beaten by an outsider, namely Secret Travel. A long shot with only a single run under his belt however he is bottom weight and with a claimer claiming 3lb on board can surely improve on its first run. ***Agggh, running out of time and have to get some work done so following analysis may be a bit rushed!*** LEG 2 - 2.40 1. SOU'WESTER Again, this looks another two horse race between Sou'Wester and Welcome Stranger. It's impossible to like any of the others so am goign to plump for SOU'WESTER and move on. LEG 3 - 3.10 4. BEARAWAY A much more open contest than the first two. O'Toole looks sure to go off the short price favourite but i like Bearaway from the new, younger Ginger McCain yard! It's Timmy Murphy's only ride of the day and is the days longest traveller. If you discount his last run (7th) he has a great chance as he romped home in his first race for the Mccain stable. With only 7 horses declared he should be able to make the front 2. LEG 4 - 3.40 2. TEMPER LAD C&D winner, Temper Lad can go well in succesful partnershp with Lady rider S Gaisford. LEG 5 - 4.10 1. BLUE AMERICO 2. CLUB ROYAL Again i just can't see past the short priced favourite McBain but with 8 runners declared maens theres another 2 places available. The Paul Nicholls trained Blue Americo has chances if his jumping holds up. Also going to put down Club Royal as another selection. Good record in p2p's and a respectable third last time out in a novice chase. Seems a consistent enough type and the claimer can take 7lb off. :hope for no non runners. LEG 6 - 4.40 1. HONAN 5. THE CASTILIAN 10. INN FOR THE DANCER A wide open race and I'd hate to fail at this point if we're still aliving and kicking at the 6th race (not very likely!) so i'm going for 3 in this race. I'm goign to head down the market for m selctions here. The Castillan looks another consistent animal and looks good for a place. Top Weight Honan can go well if recaptures some of his early (small) promise. My last selection is Inn for the Dancer. Beacuse I like the name and silks! But he did apparently show some promise and will be hoping for something like that today. So; Leg 1 - 1 x 8 Leg 2 - 1 Leg 3 - 4 Leg 4 - 2 Leg 5 - 1 x 2 Leg 6 - 1 x 5 x 10 12 lines. Sorry my analysis isnt great for the last races. Would have loved to have gone to town on it but needs must. Cheers guys. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.