Turning Pro

skybluesam

Hi guys, I started playing poker about 3 weeks ago and was just wondering if you could give me some advice. I am interested in becoming a professional poker player. I was just wondering who generally gives out jobs as professional poker players. Seems like a strange job title really, not sure who would want to employ one and where they would come in handy. Any info on who to apply to wuld b appreciated. Secondly, I was wondering how good you had to be to become a professional. When i first started playing, I didn't really know what i was doing, but there has been steady progress culminating in me winning a $2 multitable tournament last night for $156. Good going, and if I keep up my current progress rate I should soon be easily capable of winning bigger tournaments than that every day. Thanks for any help. If theres any pros on this board obviously it would be appreciated if you would help out, although I understand you may not be able to breach the rules of the Professional Players Organisation by revealing info to outsiders. Don't mean to bother you all but I think I'm really special at poker and I'm a very quick learer so I don't think that experience is a problem. John

Re: Turning Pro

Hi guys, I started playing poker about 3 weeks ago and was just wondering if you could give me some advice. I am interested in becoming a professional poker player. I was just wondering who generally gives out jobs as professional poker players. Seems like a strange job title really, not sure who would want to employ one and where they would come in handy. Any info on who to apply to wuld b appreciated. Secondly, I was wondering how good you had to be to become a professional. When i first started playing, I didn't really know what i was doing, but there has been steady progress culminating in me winning a $2 multitable tournament last night for $156. Good going, and if I keep up my current progress rate I should soon be easily capable of winning bigger tournaments than that every day. Thanks for any help. If theres any pros on this board obviously it would be appreciated if you would help out, although I understand you may not be able to breach the rules of the Professional Players Organisation by revealing info to outsiders. Don't mean to bother you all but I think I'm really special at poker and I'm a very quick learer so I don't think that experience is a problem. John
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin gotta be thepro that :ok

I am interested in becoming a professional poker player. I was just wondering who generally gives out jobs as professional poker players. Seems like a strange job title really, not sure who would want to employ one and where they would come in handy. Any info on who to apply to wuld b appreciated.
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin if this is a serious post, then my advice would be to give up now. sorry if this this serious, but its one of the funniest posts i've seen in a while! Good luck working in McDonalds for 40 years! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Re: Turning Pro ignore the ignorant feckers matey nice that you have set your sites so high - ambition is great. If you are serious about being a pro, play constantly within your BR, keep records and read A LOT - books, forums, blogs etc etc etc However, don't think it is going to be easy, to get good at something you need to work at it, thats the only way to improve. Post some hand histories here for discussion, so we can pick it apart and hopefully all learn a 'better way' to play certain hands Good luck Damo :cheers

Re: Turning Pro Tank I mean Skybluesam, if you really want to be a pro poker player send a copy of your CV to the admin of www.propokerplayerjob.org They gave me a summer job 2 years ago whilst saving up for my holidays. I earned £15,000 in 3 months, but mind you it is seasonal work so you need to get your CV in quick to avoid the rush. Good luck mate:hope:ok

Re: Turning Pro Thanks Carl, it's much appreciated. I will visit that website when I have a spare minute. Hectic time here. Playing a $0.05/$0.10 cash table. You will be impressed I'm sure to know that I am up $2 in only 15 minutes. Not massive but good enough to earn me a small wage until I get my job as a pro. Thanks for all your help

Re: Turning Pro SBS You have to forgive them because your post comes across as a possible wind up. I am extremely naive but even I when I first started playing didn't think that someone would employ me as a professional poker player. To the best of my knowledge they are all self employed. Win a few professional live tournaments and you may get sponsorship but you will still be self employed. My suggestion to you would be to join in the various PL leagues running in May. Win all of them and perhaps then we can talk about your professional career. :ok

please send your cv to whata[email protected] OH PLEASE. I'm not stupid you know. I can tell a windup when I see one and this is not funny. If you don't want to help just don't post on my thread. Only serious people who want to help please. Thanks
If all fairness, you've got to realise that some of the people on here have been playing poker for years. If you think you're ready to pro after 3 weeks you're either very "naive" or your on a wind up.

Thanks Carl, it's much appreciated. I will visit that website when I have a spare minute. Hectic time here. Playing a $0.05/$0.10 cash table. You will be impressed I'm sure to know that I am up $2 in only 15 minutes. Not massive but good enough to earn me a small wage until I get my job as a pro. Thanks for all your help
ok now it is a wind up :spank

Re: Turning Pro If all fairness, you've got to realise that some of the people on here have been playing poker for years. If you think you're ready to pro after 3 weeks you're either very "naive" or your on a wind up. What is naive about it?? These people may have been playing poker for a little while longer than me but so what? They probably don't have the talent that I do. I understand that some people who have been playing a long time may get bitter about new talent coming along but COME ON GUYS, bit of common courtesy wouldn't go astray.

COME ON GUYS' date=' bit of common courtesy wouldn't go astray.[/quote'] ...bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss either! :lol:lol join the competitions here, join in with the tournements and play against the serious poker players here people - THEN come back and reiterate your comments ;)

If all fairness, you've got to realise that some of the people on here have been playing poker for years. If you think you're ready to pro after 3 weeks you're either very "naive" or your on a wind up. What is naive about it?? These people may have been playing poker for a little while longer than me but so what? They probably don't have the talent that I do. I understand that some people who have been playing a long time may get bitter about new talent coming along but COME ON GUYS, bit of common courtesy wouldn't go astray.
So you want us to believe that in 3 weeks you've learnt all the nuances of poker when you've just demonstrated you can't even work out how to click on a quote button?

skybluesam. Ok, it's probably "ricky j" from salford who got very wound up with a lot of us during the SO world cup tourney, although his language on here is a lot more articulate.
Don't you think he would have cursed at us by now???? :lol :lol :lol Very rarely I get called "Bitch"... but he sure did call me that....

If ya wanna turn into a pro i suggest High heels, stockings and some lippy, only way u'll make money is renting ur arse out. (Worked for me):moon :rollin:rollin
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol Best thread I've read yet skybluesam:notworthy

If ya wanna turn into a pro i suggest High heels, stockings and some lippy, only way u'll make money is renting ur arse out. (Worked for me):moon :rollin:rollin
Absolutely hilarious :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin