worry or not

south77

as i am fairly new to online poker should i and others be worried about the number of emails i have got in the last week all offering ways to cheat at online poker. 1 was change you hole cards, 2 was see other players hole cards and various other soft ware to help you win or your computor to play the hands for you south77

Re: worry or not South, Fear not - they are just direct mail scams asking you to part with $20.00 in order to get untold riches. If they had they technology to change the cards on the sites server they wouldn't really need your $20.00

Re: worry or not Actually I didn't read through that - the last kind you mention does exist. There's progs like winholdem and pokibot that will autoplay for you. Fortunately their standard of play is crap, they about break even at micro limits. There are a few people out there who have recoded these progs to make them better, and there's prob some independent programs out there too - but by enlarge it's not a threat, you won't run into many bots, and on the most part you'd probably make more money playing a bot than a human anyway.

Re: worry or not Don't worry about anything they offer. For these things to work you'd need to be able to control or update the server. The only information that passes back to the server is your bet, call, raise, all other information is just data for you to display. These are just scams, I mean, if you part with $50 to buy it and it doesn't work, it would take a special kind of idiot to complain ........ well that's what they called me anyway!!