Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4

Any more winners for us this week guys? I'm getting greedy now!!:lol
Well as long as you´re being honest mate ;) There are no Euro hockey games tonight but theres some action tomorrow! I´ll post them now and get down to business :ok

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 Sweden, Elitserien: Färjestad v Frölunda

Thursday 13 April 2006 - 16:00 BST
v15.gifv6025.gifv6073.gifv2.gifv3.gifv10.gifv6005.gifv401.gif
Färjestad2.352.42.252.32.252.252.252.44
Tie4.33.954.254.244.24.44.2
Frölunda2.42.52.52.52.32.52.452.5
bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="FooterTable">

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 Färjestad v. Frölunda Well the bookies are having a hard time picking a favorite amongst Färjestad and Frölunda. A small recap so you guys now the deal here: Both teams were favourites to winning the title before the season started. During the season Frölunda have really mixed some great hockey win some really crappy games like a couple of big losses against lowly teams. Their strength is their defense, their routine and that they have a goalie whos in form atm, Tommy Salo. Färjestad have also had a pretty mediocre season (well, they came 4th but the expectations are sky high on them). In the play-offs they really got a renaissance and have played really well. They outsmarted Modos phantom goalie Krizan and also HV´s goalie Liv. Game 1. Frölunda score first but Färjestad really came back strong and had 3-1 after the first period. They storm off to 5-1 lead (Tommy Salo having a lousy day at work). Frölunda then begin scoring and get up to 5-4 but never came closer. Färjestad make 6-4 and then 7-4 with the goal keeper out of the cage. Game 2. Classic hockey Frölunda style. They quickly take command and the veterans Tommy Salo and Ronnie Sundin are playing magnificent hockey. The only player in Färjestad that stands up to them is Jörgen Jönsson who is great as always.. Färjestads strength during the play offs have been the awesome power play but that isnt working at all today. Frölunda win the game 6-1. Now you have a recap.. any thoughts guys? ;)

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 Ive mentioned this before: when it comes to play offs im an even less statistical punter than i am during the season.. What matters more is the psychology of the players and the team as a whole, motivation to win etc. My feeling is that Frölunda might be the bet of tomorrow. Färjestad really had it rough yesterday, Salo in great form, awesome penalty killing and Frölunda finding back to the type of hockey they know best. I´ll be back later....

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 Stats from the last two games:

Färjestads BK - Frölunda HC
Shots21,9%
(12:9:11) 32
Saves85,7%
(7:8:9) 24
PIM
(6:6:8) 20
7 - 4 (3 - 1, 2 - 2, 2 - 1) Final score
Shots14,3%
(8:10:10) 28
Saves 80,6%
(9:7:9) 25
PIM
(10:4:4) 18
[Line ups] [Help] [Actions]
Frölunda HC - Färjestads BK
Shots27,3%
(8:8:6) 22
Saves96,4%
(7:12:8) 27
PIM
(4:4:12) 20
6 - 1 (1 - 0, 3 - 0, 2 - 1) Final score
Shots3,6%
(7:12:9) 28
Saves 72,7%
(7:5:4) 16
PIM
(6:14:6) 26
[Line ups] [Help] [Actions]
© stats.swehockey.se

Finland' date= SM-Liiga: HIFK v HPK
Thursday 13 April 2006 - 16:30 BST
HIFK2.252.222.052.22.12.22.24
Tie44.14.14.14.24.14.2
HPK2.52.652.82.622.52.62.8
5th and crucial game in this series. Situation is 2-2, when both teams has won their homegames. Really hard game to predict. Looking those odds on game and odds on tie, bookers are expecting close game. I agree that any of these teams may win this one, but I'm not sure if I'm expecting close game, eventhough these last games of series usually are close ones. If situation is tie in last period teams most probably will start to play defensively, but if other team leads it may win with clear margin. Anyway the longer the game is in tie the less there will be goals. That makes it most likely that the game will stay under 5,5 goals. On the other hand if other team takes the lead I believe there will be plenty of goals in the game (including empty netters) so I woudn't forget over 5,5 goals either. (some tasty odds on that) HPK won last game 4-0 and looked good, but they have been excellent home team whole season. There is good skaters in HPK's team and ice surface in their home rink is quite big. In HIFK's home arena ice surface is smaller and HIFK's physical type of play fits in there better. So that makes situation interesting and gives HIFK the edge. HIFK has won all 4 homegames against HPK this season. On the other hand home ice advantage isn't statistically very big in these last games of series and we saw last game in Helsinki how HPK took quick 3-0 lead (eventhough they lost it later in that game). If they have that kind of lead in today's game, I don't think they'll lose it again. My thoughts are that HPK looks more capable team and they are able to brake home ice advantage in this game and goes to final. HPK to beat HIFK @ 2,8 @ Expekt, 1 pt Over 5,5 goals @ 2,4 @ Betfair, 1 pt ps. These bets are mostly extra-excitement to watch the game. So keep your greedy stakes sensible. :lol

What matters more is the psychology of the players and the team as a whole, motivation to win etc. . . . Now you have a recap.. any thoughts guys? ;)
What about Ledins stupid yelling and the internal trouble in Färjestads team after that? Looks like it affected Färjestad's 2nd game. (6-1 loss in final for god's sake) Was that a turning point of this series? Is Färjestad still mixed up? Did that stupid acting against Salo give some extra motivation to Frölunda?

What about Ledins stupid yelling and the internal trouble in Färjestads team after that? Looks like it affected Färjestad's 2nd game. (6-1 loss in final for god's sake) Was that a turning point of this series? Is Färjestad still mixed up? Did that stupid acting against Salo give some extra motivation to Frölunda?
Thanks for the reply to this Mixer. It most certainly affected Färjestad. The coach and players will of course tell you otherwise but thats simply not true. Ledin is a good player but I think they punished him as he wasnt allowed to practice as is given less time on the ice. In a final you need continuance, to be able to focus on your way of playing hockey, this is a disturbance in the "force" to speak in movie terms. 6-1 is a massive result i know.. Färjestad fired about as many shots as Frölunda but Salo was great and the box play too. Also Henriksson in the goal only played 40min, he doesnt have the same capacity quite simply. This game I expect Frölunda to play a different kind of hockey. Probably less finesse and more physical hockey. They also know that if they win this one they will get two games in a row in Frölundaborg! Are you perhaps leaning towards Frölunda my friend? :) Any more thoughts?

Are you perhaps leaning towards Frölunda my friend? :)
You smelled that right! I'm thinking of backing them. 2,68 looks tempting. :loon Eventhough Färjestad has shown some good playoff hockey, so I guess I need some more faith in here. Maybe you could give it to me? :loon After first period HPK is leading HIFK 1-0. Looks very defencive and oversecure type of playing though, so over 5,5 goals might be hard to get. Let's just hope HPK's lead forces HIFK to open their game up.

After first period HPK is leading HIFK 1-0. Looks very defencive and oversecure type of playing though, so over 5,5 goals might be hard to get. Let's just hope HPK's lead forces HIFK to open their game up.
Starting to understand more and more of SM-liiga these days and I was on both HPK and the over 5.5 as i agree on them. Lets hope for some goals in the the two remaining periods :hope :drums

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 Färjestad - Frölunda: game 3 (1:1) Well I dont see the reason to write any more in this game at hand as I think I have put down all my thoughts in the thread.. Note that I will of course watch the game tonight and thats really why Im betting on it, to add some excitement. I would like to qoute Mixer "keep your greedy stakes sensible"... With all the reasoning I have put down (and a bit of gut feeling aswell) i stake 2/10 on this. Frölunda @ 2.68 Bf 2/10 Salo was great last time. The game had 7 goals total. If Salo werent so great it would have had a total of maybe 8 or 9 goals... I simply dont think that he can play as well as he did last time. My confidence on Färjestads goalie Henriksson isnt very high either. Färjestad has gotta storm forward to win (this game is key to them) and Frölunda being able to play more relaxed the over 5.5 is yet again a good bet. Previous games: 7-4 and 6-1. Over 5.5 @ 2.16 Bf 2/10 GL hockey fans :hope

Lets hope for some goals in the the two remaining periods :hope :drums
Doesn't look good with more goals. Still 1-0 HPK lead after 2nd period. Puck hitted cross-bar three times, plenty of open places to score, player against only goalie and plenty of two against one situations, but no more goals... Let's just hope HPK will hang on there.

Doesn't look good with more goals. Still 1-0 HPK lead after 2nd period. Puck hitted cross-bar three times' date=' plenty of open places to score, player against only goalie and plenty of two against one situations, but no more goals... Let's just hope HPK will hang on there.[/quote'] Lets just hope for the win then! The price was good so i´m pleaseed with that aswell!

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 Hello ! I think Frölunda will beat Färjestad tonight beacause of many reasons. One reason is that Salo haven´t been in better form in his life right now. In Sweden many have seen that last training for Frölunda they had not complete team and need to lend some coach and material man played to. When all this showed up that Frölunda missing a couple of players everyone bet on Färjestad. Tom Koivisto and Ronnie Sundin didn´t play at the wednesday afternoon training but today they are back in the team draw up. Now when this important players are back I think Frölunda will have a good chance to win My bet will be: Frölunda 2.50 @ Gamebookers

Hello ! I think Frölunda will beat Färjestad tonight beacause of many reasons. One reason is that Salo haven´t been in better form in his life right now. In Sweden many have seen that last training for Frölunda they had not complete team and need to lend some coach and material man played to. When all this showed up that Frölunda missing a couple of players everyone bet on Färjestad. Tom Koivisto and Ronnie Sundin didn´t play at the wednesday afternoon training but today they are back in the team draw up. Now when this important players are back I think Frölunda will have a good chance to win My bet will be: Frölunda 2.50 @ Gamebookers
A big :welcome to Lillhompa and thanks for the input! That was really some valuable information! I´m looking forward to your future posts! GL to us mate :hope

Re: Euro Hockey 11/4-18/4 Crappy night for me with two losers. It was 1-1 til late in the third but then Färjestad made 2-1. What I know now is that home field means A LOT in this series.. At least Im glad I kept the stakes down to a minimum, or "TV-bet" size as I like to call it.. :P Ya cant win em all can you? Two games this weekend though.. both home games for Frölunda.