Thoughts about Multi-Tabling

Penelopeys

Re: Thoughts about Multitabling

Just wondered, cos i cant wait to get on SO tonight and start calling Hungarians "You bunch of Multi-Tablers" :rollin .........which of course is exactly what they will be :( ....cos its an MTT............:eyes Note to self: May need to rethink this :wall
Not loooking forward to seeing the river:$ :$

IMO?? Quite alot actually... You need to follow the game and your opponents... to know if they bluff all the time...how much time they spend etc...
i agree pene ,but i think its a sort of sixth sense . ive read a good few articles about it, supposedly the brain takes all the info in and you get a subconsious message telling you what the other player has . obviously it doesnt work all the time but im suprised how regularly i get a good hunch that pays off ,or how regularly i dont trust it and get beaten :wall . i have found that although i can play multiple tourneys i feel very detached because im missing a lot of the play ,also i doesnt suit my style of play at the start of a tourney so i try to avoid it.

i agree pene ,but i think its a sort of sixth sense . ive read a good few articles about it, supposedly the brain takes all the info in and you get a subconsious message telling you what the other player has.
Unfortunately lastnight on the SO champs league I was positioned after Viggiosen, as my cursor rolled over his marker it kept flashing up with his location 'Aarhus'- after an hour or so, every time it happened, my brain just kept singing to me 'in the middle of our street'! I used to like Madness!:wall

Re: Thoughts about Multi-Tabling If youre a cash game player youre missing out if you only play 1 table at a time. 2 is an absolute must, you can TOTALLY keep track of everything with 2 at once if youre playing full ring TAG poker. 3 is ok too. Tournies are a bit different for me, I like to concentrate more in those as you have to be aware of the environment (blinds, your stack in relation to etc). Also a lot more move making where in tournies stealing blinds and bluffing a bit more come into play. I have never understood how some people can like 8 table STTs and stuff, its fcuking crazy :eek

Re: Thoughts about Multitabling i agree - no point trying to read players at this level - multitable and increase your hourly rate Damo

I don't agree. If your playing low-level cash games you don't need to know the strength of your opponents - you just need to know the strength of your cards and work out what the odds are and how much you are prepared to follow the flop, turn, river. . How much info can you gleen from an online player anyway?

Unfortunately lastnight on the SO champs league I was positioned after Viggiosen, as my cursor rolled over his marker it kept flashing up with his location 'Aarhus'- after an hour or so, every time it happened, my brain just kept singing to me 'in the middle of our street'! I used to like Madness!:wall
LOL, nice song that is... but Aarhus is the 2nd largest city in Denmark :)

Re: Thoughts about Multi-Tabling

What always seems to happen to me when I'm multi-tabling is that 'table 2' always flops the cards that I want on 'table 1'!
I agree, but similar on only one table when my hole cards fit the flop of the hand before, or the one after, but not the current one ....... ....... which then always reminds me of that Two Ronnies 'Mastermind' sketch where Mr Corbett answers the question before last !