Rugby League: Super League - Round 4

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 4

Well done Kevshat and Sandbag for their picks :clap It was bloody freezing there tonight, but the atmosphere was awesome, I love the banter on the terraces. Trouble is with Warrington is that their play is sooo predictable. Either Lima, Wainwright, Wood, Leikvoll or Hilton make the metres with forward drives, then Lee Briers puts in a decent kick and with a decent chase, but there's no individual invention, no offloads, no powerplays. I should have had Salford tonight, I really did fancy them. Well done to them Will post my picks for tomorrows games a little later.
Cheers Rugbylad. Not a bad night. You've hit Warrington's problems right on the head. Predictable Rugby League will get you so far but to beat the best you need a bit of genius because not only are the likes of Saints, Leeds and Bradford awesome in attack but they are fantastic in defence too. Still it's early in the season and as the warm weather comes along later in the season so may more creative football for Warrington. Total Staked 110pts Total Returns 110.14pts W/L 6/4 Outstanding Bets 1 Strike Rate 60% Profit/Loss +10.14pts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 4 Wildcats v Huddersfield Giants (Scr/+4)

_41379912_wakefield_hudd_06.gif

Hmmmmm……difficult one!

As I have mentioned in previous weeks, I really do rate this Wakefield team (it seems as though when Solomona and Tadulala put in a good performance the whole team picks up). I also rate Huddersfield this year, they have a lot of creative players that can unlock the best of defences. Both teams have recruited well and have the potential to challenge for a top six top (especially with Wigan and Warrington looking a tad out of sorts). So as PaulM mentioned earlier in the thread, this game will be a good indication of which team is ready to step up to the mark and challenge.

Both Sam Obst (suspended) and Jon Whittle (back injury) will be missing for the Wildcats while Jamie Rooney is nearing a comeback after seven months out with a cruciate ligament injury but the playmaker is still short of match fitness. Giants only have Jim Gannon on the long term injury list and are able to select from the same squad that played in last week’s 36-20 defeat at Wigan.

Seems to be a lot of money going onto Huddersfield, bookies have completely cut the +6pt (Huddersfield), they have even cut the price on Huddersfield +4pts. But the Wildcats haven’t played at home since the opening round, where they almost and should have beaten the Bradford Bulls, I believe that they will be coming away with the spoils tomorrow evening, but only just.

It should be a very close and fascinating game, not one to go mad on (small stakes only).

Griffin, March, Korkidas, Solomona, J. Field, Betham, White, Wrench, MacGillivray, Elima, Henderson, Applegarth, King, Saxton. Huddersfield (from): Reilly, Aspinwall, Evans, De Vere, Thorman, Paul, Crabtree, Drew, Nero, Snitch, Wild, Jones, Jackson, March, Smith, McDonald, Gardner, Torrens. Recommendation – Wakefield Wildcats @ 10/11 bluesquare (1pt)

(Prediction – Wakefield to win by 4/6pts)

Wakefield (from): Halpenny, Demetriou, Tadulala, Jeffries,

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 4 I'm with rugbylad again on this one. A double on Bradford and Wakefield is my bet for today - you can never be sure how a English team is going to go on down in France but Bradford were my pre-season tip to win superleague again, so i'll stick with them. Wakefield a bit unsure to be honest - a win here could proover they are a half decent side. GL

I'm with rugbylad again on this one. A double on Bradford and Wakefield is my bet for today - you can never be sure how a English team is going to go on down in France but Bradford were my pre-season tip to win superleague again, so i'll stick with them. Wakefield a bit unsure to be honest - a win here could proover they are a half decent side. GL
Good Luck Sandbag :hope

Recommendation – Bradford Bulls -14pts @ 1.90 stanjames (2pts) (Prediction – Bradford win by 24/26pts)

(Scale 1-5) :nana

Recommendation – Wakefield Wildcats @ 10/11 bluesquare (1pt)

(Prediction – Wakefield to win by 4/6pts)

(Scale 1-5):(

Wakefield lost it in the last min, but my big bet was on Bradford to romp over the -14pts, which they kindly did......hope you all had some luck today!! Im a very happy bunny now. :nana :nana

Not a bad nights work. Here's hoping for a Huddersfield win and a clean sweep :nana
Thank you Albert Torrens! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Total Staked 110pts Total Returns 133.89pts W/L 7/4 Outstanding Bets 0 Strike Rate 64% Profit/Loss +23.89pts

Thank you Albert Torrens! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Total Staked 110pts Total Returns 133.89pts W/L 7/4 Outstanding Bets 0 Strike Rate 64% Profit/Loss +23.89pts
Nice going Kevshat :clap Torrens scored in every round so far :loon

10pts Castleford (+32) to beat Leeds 10/11 Stan James Cas will be boosted by a win last week albeit against Les Catalans. Leeds lost at Saints last week and will want to bounce back. I think they'll win but in a derby game that could be tight and narrow I think Cas will hold onto to their start.
This one has been rearranged for Sunday and I've not changed my mind. In fact there's a chance neither side will be completely ready so it could be a scrappy match and 32 points is a lot to cover. Total Staked 120pts Total Returns 133.89pts W/L 7/4 Outstanding Bets 1 Strike Rate 64% Profit/Loss +23.89pts

This one has been rearranged for Sunday and I've not changed my mind. In fact there's a chance neither side will be completely ready so it could be a scrappy match and 32 points is a lot to cover.
Good luck Kevshat, :ok if this comes in, it will have been a very profitable week for you, I imagine. Its a no bet for me. :hope

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 4 Due to popular demand you can now watch the 'Super League Show' via the net...so: For the guys that cant wait for boots n all in the week.... or.. For the guys overseas that may follow our rugby league tips... Here is your chance to watch a round up of this week's games via bbc.co.uk/sport Just go onto the following link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/default.stm And go to: Replay: The Super League Show Cheers Rugbylad