AFL NAB Cup - Week One

Brisbane 2.05 v Essendon 1.85 Judging by the selected squad, Mathews (Brisbane coach) yet again is practically choosing to be knocked out in the first round, despite the fact they had an early finish to 2005. Essendon have a much stronger squad. A slight concern that they have been away from home for a week but at the same time have gained some important ground familiarity. Rioli was listed last Sunday as “ruled out†but even if the odd player of that calibre is cut (have to wonder why Norm Short is laying them) Essendon still look stronger on paper and obviously very few low draft picks amongst the dozen rookies named by Brisbane. Essendon’s price deserves to be much shorter. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Ash.

Re: AFL NAB Cup - Week One Have to agree, Ash. Brisbane lost up in Cairns in rd. 1 last year to Melbourne, so it won't be any major 'upset' as such. Very attractive price really, over-blown by the location (and reputation) you'd have to think. Howthorn @ 2.00 to beat Richmond looks a very nice bet to me, as you pointed out in the outrigh thread... ...just on that...As I have read it, pretty much only 3 coaches are taking this pre-season anywhere near seriously. Hawthorn, Freo and St. Kilda. Freo can be had for 13.00, Saints for 11.00, and will likely play each other in a semi...so there's a real chance that Hawthron, Freo and Saints will be 3 of the last 4 left!...all at decent prices indeed. (I also agree with what you said in the other thred about the Bulldogs maybe taking their foot off next week.) But anyway, for this weeks games I'll be on; Ess Hawthorn And waiting for the lines on Port, St. Kilda and Freo. Good Luck mate.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.