Rugby League: Super League - Round 3

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 3

Bradford Bulls vs Salford City Reds (+14/16pts) _41352972_brad_salford_06.gif Hmmmm.....most people would fancy Salford to give the Bulls a run for their money on Friday night, therefore the +16pts must be appealing to most. The City Reds have only conceded 6pts in the opening two rounds of SL, and credit must go to them. The Bulls, on the other hand, have been playing like anything but World and Super League Champions, their attack has been flat and were extremely lucky to come away with a point against a well drilled Harlequins RL. However, lets not get too ahead of ourselves hear....although Salford deserve a big pat on the back, I feel that Friday's encounter will bring them back down to earth with a bump. Ok, in Round 1 they pulled off the shock win of the round by thumbing the traditional slow-starters, Warrington by 20+pts, they beat Les Catalans 16-0, but it was the French's first SL fixture on foreign soil and had to play most of the game without Stacey Jones. Friday's nights game is going to be a much tougher test for them and with Lesley 'the volcano' Vainikolo back into the Bulls attack I seriously fear for the Salford City Reds. I cant see Salford breaking the Bulls line too often, I see the Bulls running out comfortable winners. Bradford (from): Hape, Deacon, Vagana, Fielden, B Harris, I Harris, Johnson, Lynch, Bai, Gene, Pryce, Ferres, Vainikolo, Henderson, Langley, McKenna, Withers, Meyers. Salford (from): Fitzpatrick, Hodgson, Moule, Stewart, Dunemann, Coley, Alker, Rutgerson, Finnigan, Sibbit, Highton, Langi, Haggerty, Littler, Clough, Baldwin, Brocklehurst, Jonkers. Recommendation - Bradford Bulls -14pts @ 1.90 VC (2pts) (Prediction - Bradford win by 24/26pts)
Bradford 34 - 4 Salford Bradford win by 30 points :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

Back Wigan all the way if they're giving Huddersfield a 10 point start. That is daft. Wigan have had two very difficult matchs to start SL With and have been unlucky in that respect' date=' they ran Leeds close last week and it was only for a collapse that they lost the game. Huddersfield have improved, granted but enough to beat Wigan - i don't think so. Wigan to bounce back and win this one by more than 10.[/quote'] and... :clap great tipping mate, keep them coming :ok

Saints v Leeds under 50pts 10/11. tight low scoring game i think.
;)
Back Wigan all the way if they're giving Huddersfield a 10 point start. That is daft. Wigan have had two very difficult matchs to start SL With and have been unlucky in that respect' date=' they ran Leeds close last week and it was only for a collapse that they lost the game. Huddersfield have improved, granted but enough to beat Wigan - i don't think so. Wigan to bounce back and win this one by more than 10.[/quote'] :notworthy :notworthy. Will Hills even gave me a +8 start for Huddersfield, very generous of them.

Bah, Salford's early season defence did indeed crumble as Rugbylad said it might. Good tipping Sandbag IV & again good write ups by Rugbylad :)
Cheers Penguin, had a strong feeling for the Bulls tonight. Not sure if I fancy anything else this week to be honest. What do you guys think of S Donald for the Rhinos....? To me, he looks a tad nervous in the air and easily ushered out of games.

.What do you guys think of S Donald for the Rhinos....? To me' date=' he looks a tad nervous in the air and easily ushered out of games.[/quote'] Read a few negative things about him on other sites and i've seen nothing to convince me he's a good signing, better off with Smith & Williams as wingers tbh.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 3 whoops did mean st helens v leeds. It was tight just as I expected with St Helens just about covering the h/cap offered by most firms. I fancied Wigan & Bradford to cover their h/cap but didn't put any money on. Hull -4 looks the call for tomorrow.

10pts Huddersfield (+10) to beat Wigan 10/11 Betfred 1st day of the season Huddersfield lost to Leeds by 8 points and then last week they beat Warrington by 6 points. Wigan on the other hand have lost both their matches. Both by 8 points at Les Catalans and at home to Leeds. That said Wigan are usually a tough nut to crack at home however with Wigan's opening 2 games being on TV we've been able to see that they are not yet the fluent side many expect them to be in attack and are weaker in defence than Wigan sides normally are. Huddersfield by all accounts have played well in both matches so far and have 2 ex Warriors going back to the JJB for the 1st time and they'll want to make their mark. Summing it up Wigan may well win the match but Huddersfield will cover 10 points. And if it's getting close Huddersfield could always throw on the water carrier to do some damage! :rollin 10pts St Helens (-6) to beat Leeds 8/11 Ladbrokes There's a rule I've learnt when betting on Rugby League. Never go against Saints at Knowsley Rd! A full strength Saints can and probably will beat anyone in Super League and that's what they are here except for the absence of Nick Fozzard but Paul Anderson will be back to lessen that blow. Leeds have struggled so far this season to convert their dominance and although they beat Wigan last week they left it late and relied a bit on Wigan falling off. I can't see them getting that many chances in this so there's even more pressure to convert. Lee Smith is injured so Danny Williams has been called up from the academy and may be thrown in at the deep end. That's not going to help Leeds' cause much either and I take Saints to win the game and cover the 6 points.
What on earth went on with Huddersfield?! Did they show up with 10 men or something?! They conceded almost as many in 40 minutes tonight as they did in the previous 160 minutes this season!! Still on the plus side Saints done the business for me so it wasn't the worst night. Hull can make it an ok weekend tomorrow night I hope. Total Staked 80pts Total Returns 73.78pts W/L 4/3 Outstanding Bets 1 Strike Rate 57% Profit/Loss +3.78pts

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 3 Warrington Wolves vs Hull FC (-4/6pts) _41353016_warrington_hull_06.gif Many people expect Hull to cover the handicap tonight and add to Warrington's miserable start to SL.....But don't write off Warrington's chances just yet. I expect a very physical and close game, which will be won and lost in the forwards and left to Horne (Hull) and Briers (Warrington) to create the chances. Good news for both packs as Warrington welcome back, big guns Chris Leikvoll and the long-serving Mark Hilton. Hull have Richard Swaine back from injury. I think henry is spot on, who, earlier in the thread, thought Warrington's big name players would turn up tonight and pull off a bit of an upset infront of the TV camaras. Warrington have to improve and to be 6pts behind one of you main rivals after 3 rounds is simplt not good enough. This one can go either way, wouldnt be surprised if it ended in a draw, or perhaps settled by a drop-goal. Could Stevo handled two drop goals in one weekend :) Anyway GL to those backing Hull tonight, I am sitting on the fence, but will be hoping for a Wolves victory. Warrington: Grose, Fa'afili, Martin Gleeson, Kohe-Love, Briers, Sullivan, Leikvoll, Clarke, Hilton, Swann, Wainwright, Noone, Mark Gleeson, Westwood, Wood, Lima, Barnett, Bridge. Hull: Blacklock, Briscoe, Brough, Carvell, Cooke, Domic, Higgins, R. Horne, King, Lupton, McMenemy, Radford, Raynor, Swain, Thackray, Tony, Whiting, Yeaman. Recommendation - No bet (Prediction - Draw)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 3 Harlequins RL v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (+6/12pts) _41352992_harle_wakefield_06.gif Not a betting opportunity for me here. Even bookies seem a little unsure, willhill go Harlequins -6pts, and bluesquare go Wakefield +12pts. It will be a few weeks before I will be able to judge how these sides will fair in SL this year. In week one Harlequins were bruised and battered by Saints losing at home 16-40, whilst Wakefield were unlucky not to come away with anything against the Bradford Bulls. A week later, Harlequins picked up a great point at Odsal, whilst the Wildcats went to pieces against Hull. I still do rate this Wakefield side, and with Mark McLinden and Luke Dorn missing for the Harlequins, I give them an outside chance of an upset. But in reality the home side should win this fairly comfortably. Harlequins: Bradley-Qalilawa, Gafa, Haumono, Heckenberg, Hopkins, Leuluai, Lolohea, Lucky Luisi, Mbu, Mills, Purdham, Smith, Sykes, Temata, Tookey, Weisner, Williams, Clubb. Wakefield: Halpenny, Demetriou, Whittle, Tadulala, Jeffries, Obst , Griffin, March, Korkidas, Solomona, Betham, White, MacGillivray, Elima, Henderson, Applegarth, Catic, Saxton. Recommendation - No bet (Prediction - Harlequins win by 10/12pts)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 3 Todays pick siding with HUll:

SportRugby
EventRugby Superleague: Warrington v Hull
SelectionHull -4.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength6/10
Date25/02/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningHull have played well in their first two matches scoring 40+ points in wins against Castleford & Wakefield, while Warrington have lost their first two matches dissapointingly at home to salford and narrowly away to Huddersfield.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 3 Full time score....

8_56.jpgHarlequins RL626Wakefieldwakefieldwildcats.gif
Some people would call me a liar, but I am not at all surprised at this scoreline. Its just a shame Wakefield didnt do it for me last week against Hull. They have some great players, who, on their day, can give any opposition a run for their money. Well done to them....

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 3 Half time score....

warringtonwolves.gif Warrington1824Hullhullfc.gif
You guys on over 50pts must be sitting comfortable now.... If so frustrating being a Warrington fan, a team full of potential but making basic errors early in the half. Briers is playing out of his skin, c'mon the Wire!!!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 3 Final score.....

warringtonwolves.gifWarrington4624Hullhullfc.gif
Congrats to those who backed over 50pts and commiserations to those who backed Hull....but Im sure you will all join me in saying what an absolute perfect second half of rugby league from Warrington. Lee Briers was sensational, even I jumped out my seat when he scored that 2nd drop goal (imagine what Stevo was like lol), its never easy being a Wolves fan, but tonight was special!!! C'mon the wire!!!

Wire v Hull over 50pts 10/11. Warrington suspect in defence and with Hull seemingly free scoring in attack I think Warrington with have to score big to keep up with Hull in this game. Predicted total amount of points 50-60.
;) Well done on netting that price Penguin mate, hope it paid out for you.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 3 Castleford Tigers vs Les Catalans Dragons (+2/6pts) _41353024_castle_catalans_06.gif Hmmm, tough one to call this. Castleford have conceded 90 points from their first two games and will be without the experienced Danny Ward, whilst Les Catalans were unable to score last week against the City Reds and, more importantly, will be without the inspirational Stacey Jones.

At the very least this match will give us a good indication on how these sides will fair in Super League, but im going to stick my neck out and say I fancy the French to come away with the spoils today.

Castleford’s obvious main strength is in the forwards with the likes of Sculthorpe, Mason and Nutley being the main meter makers, but Les Catalans are not short of some big hitters Fakir, Beattie and Chan. I have both sets of forwards down as an undisciplined bunch, it is vital both teams down given away needless penalties.

Despite no Stacey Jones, I just think Les Catalans have a bit more to offer in the backs and should open the Tigers up on several occasions.

Not a big bet on this one, as they say ‘one for the interest’. :)

Castleford: Platt, Pryce, Shenton, Dyer, Blanch, Handforth, Kain, Sculhtorpe, Henderson, Nutley, Mason, Haughey, Roarty, Bird, Huby, Fletcher, Smith, Viane, Fa'aoso, McGoldrick. Catalans: Guigue, Murphy, Wilson, Hughes, Verges, Frayssinous, Beattie, Berthezène, Guisset, Hindmarsh, Mounis, Bosc, Rudder, Zitter, Chan, Fellous, Touxagas, Fakir, Casty, Rinaldi. Recommendation - Les Catalans +6pts @ 1.90 skybet (Prediction - Les Catalans win by 6/8pts )

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 3 Final Score....

castlefordtigers.gifCastleford3428Les Catalans photo18258937.jpg
Castleford win by 6pts.... Two tiger's tries in the 76th & 80th minute has stolen this one away from me. No sleep lost though, was still up overall from Bradford -14pts. Well done to Paul for his tip on Castleford -2pts....