When bluffs go right!

DC

I was in trouble a minute ago in a STT. Short stack, blinds getting bigger. The flop was 55K and I'd called with Ace Ten Two more players in the hand to call after me, I'm first to act and move all in. A total bluff. I was called by one player and the other folded. My heart sank. He showed QQ I hit an Ace on the flop and won the hand. :loon Ok, it was a bad move by me to bluff with 2 players to act after me but equally stupid of him to call. Surely with an overcard and a pair on the board. A simple raise pre-flop would've scared me off. Laughing my head off!

Re: When bluffs go right!

I was in trouble a minute ago in a STT. Short stack, blinds getting bigger. The flop was 55K and I'd called with Ace Ten Two more players in the hand to call after me, I'm first to act and move all in. A total bluff. I was called by one player and the other folded. My heart sank. He showed QQ I hit an Ace on the flop and won the hand. :loon Ok, it was a bad move by me to bluff with 2 players to act after me but equally stupid of him to call. Surely with an overcard and a pair on the board. A simple raise pre-flop would've scared me off. Laughing my head off!
Danny - 2 things. Firstly how many flops do you get in one hand??? :lol ...but I know what you meant. Secondly, just because there is an overcard on board, many players think nothing of it and will still call. I've known many players to call simply because they have hit a 2. Crap players are prepared to take chances, and unfortunately, against the likes of me and you, they always seem to come out on top.

Re: When bluffs go right!

Danny - 2 things. Firstly how many flops do you get in one hand??? :lol ...but I know what you meant. Secondly, just because there is an overcard on board, many players think nothing of it and will still call. I've known many players to call simply because they have hit a 2. Crap players are prepared to take chances, and unfortunately, against the likes of me and you, they always seem to come out on top.
Yes, We do don't we:lol Sorry, couldn't resist that one:notworthy