A "Spam" forum

Guest Ollie

Guest Ollie

I've been thinking about adding a "Spam" forum, where people could post all their crap that goes in the other forums that I keep having to deal with. Pros: -It should keep all the other forums free of crap. -It would encourage people to come to the board - some might even like it and stay! -You know where to go to have a look for special offers etc. Cons: -A little bit unprofessional? -Could it cause arguments between spammers?

Guest Pootertoonz

Re: A "Spam" forum The problem is Ollie... would "Spammers" stick to it? Okay so you could move them yourself to the "Spam" forum but if Spammers get to know that you will do this for them, they may inundate you... Personally, if someone has a genuine offer, or a good website that is concerned with betting then I suppose I would like to hear about it even if it is spam - I would prefer it to be posted on something like this than delivered to my email for example. Then, I could visit the site (or whatever) and make up my own mind as to the value of the offer being made...

Guest theidler

Re: A "Spam" forum Could attract the wrong sort of element. I think a spam free zone is better than having a small space for it. Just my opinion though:)

Re: A "Spam" forum Just what's been said - this kind of forum is definitely the one spammers would avoid and the rest would be free just to discuss how bad etc. spamming is. Not sure if this is the best way to fight spamming...

Guest blackeyedbhoy

Zero tolerance I think that you should stop everyone from posting links within threads. There's room for that sort of thing in the public profile pages. That way it's not in your face.

Guest Ollie

Re: Zero tolerance Hmm, I don't mind a signature if it's a regular contributor and the message isn't pure spam. I think it's a fair exchange for information.

Guest theidler

Re: A "Spam" forum what about a forum that you can 'recommend' some of your favourite sites BUT anything spammy still gets f*cked out?? eg nothing where it is selling a service or product??? worth a try?? THEIDLER:)

Guest Ollie

Re: A "Spam" forum I dunno, might as well let everything in. I don't have a problem with the regs pointing out useful sites - we are all in it together to beat the bookies - but spam is very obvious and very annoying.

Guest theidler

Re: A "Spam" forum by favourite sites, i mean sites about anything - not just football or football betting - and yes, spam is annoying THEIDLER:)

Guest Dean Harriss

Re: A "Spam" forum Have a look at any News Group...once a good place to discuss things, now every post is spam. IMHO blatant spamming should be banned forever. Keep it a discussion forum, and not a spamming forum.

Guest blackeyedbhoy

Ollie I take issue with your remark that we're all in it to beat the bookies. I spend too much time on this board because I like to have something to read that's free and gambling related. I'm not looking for easy money. It's a sad fact that we're not fighting a war against bookies, but against other punters. Winnings are paid from the pockets of mugs rather bookmakers. I find tipping services so objectionable because we can't all be winners. I'd be much happier if I didn't have to read about anyone selling stuff, irrespective of whether or not they make a regular contribution.