£2 TV Challenge

I'll start this thread in here but it may get moved. Who's up for a monthly £2 TV challenge?! I'll make the rules quite simple: 1) Any football game broadcast live on TV/Sky Sports/Eurosport etc.... 2) Maximum £2 single bet on Betfair 3) Starting bank of £20 4) No more than 1 bet per event 5) Bets to be posted 30mins before the event. I recently came up with this idea because I always have to have a bet on any football game that I watch to boost the enjoyment and always end up blowing more than I should. I thought to myself I'll keep the stakes to an absolute minimum from now on, and stick to one bet only per game. Then I thought this might be a good idea for a mini-comp in the lounge! We can start in Feb - I'll do a weekly table etc.... Any thoughts/suggestions? Danny

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: £2 TV Challenge Yes, reckon so mate. Although remember you're liabilty must be £2 so you won't be able to lay 0-0 or anything which requires a higher liabilty. It'll be quite hard because you won't be able to lay one specific team to win unless they're odds on or evens. As all games will be on TV there should be MORE options when betting. eg tonight's match West Ham v Fulham includes bookings and corners as well as the usual match odds, +2.5 goals, total goals, correct score, first scorer etc. I think I'll calcluate all wins WITHOUT commission to make things easier. Also there should be a minimum number of bets to avoid people backing a correct scorer @ 20-1 and then stopping for the rest of the month if succesful. Maybe a £20 bank (make it difficult) to start. £2 per bet, 1 bet per event and at least 10 bets per month. DC

Re: £2 TV Challenge Can,t get Sky but think at least one of the on line bookies I use puts alongside the betting the matches that a live on TV, so shouldn,t be a prob, don,t know anything about football but have had a go in another forums footie comp just for fun and done a bit better than expected though prob just begginers luck, but would love to have a go at this. Amy :)

Re: £2 TV Challenge Thanks for showing interest girls and boys! I'll think this will work! The competition will run from Weds 1st February. I'll post up a list of possible games for the forthcoming dates. Anyone can join at any time during the month by simply posting up their picks in this thread, although if there are loads of people I may have to introduce more than one "league" for the following months. (I may need some assistance in running more than one league too, but I'll cross that bridge if and when...) I'll start the ball rolling with an actual bet tonight, feel free to prove yourselves until the start date folks!! Arsenal v Wigan £2 on Arsenal to qualify @ 1.60 Betfair :ok

Re: £2 TV Challenge Manchester Utd v Blackburn £2 on HT-draw FT-Man Utd @ 5.00 30 secs away from £1.20 last night :cry till Wigan scored. Gotta laugh really - I saved a fortune didn't I!! :)

Re: £2 TV Challenge

Aliando mate, have a look at this link from betfair, it tells you todays sporting action and whats on TV and what station. http://www.betfair.tv/region/uk BH
cheers mate :ok I'll do £2 on over 2.5 goals for the Liverpool match @ 2.24 and £2 on Angola (-0.5 AH) to beat Togo @ 1.97 - both on Betfair. When does the compo start proper Danny - is it Feb 1st? Could be a good laugh this.

Re: £2 TV Challenge Thanks for that link Billy!! :ok Aliando, yes mate, Feb 1st - can't wait! I'll try and post up the games for each day and I think I'll make it 10mins before KO rather than 30mins. There'll be another new rule: £20 bank only - Once you've blown you're bank, you're out for the month! There will be monthly winners and everyone will start afresh with £20 every month. If there are more than 20 of us I suggest we start forming leagues. Boof Bonk Boosh has kindly offered to assist in running another leauge for me, but for now we'll keep it as 1 league. DC

Re: £2 TV Challenge There are no latecomers here Spread! Anyone can join even after Feb 1st... as long as you place ten bets and don't blow £20 you're in! Glad to have you onboard!! ps today... Wolves v Man Utd £2 HT draw FT Utd @ 4.7