Sporting Odds - A man on the brink

brael

I've been trying for the last couple of weeks now to play enough raked hands to release the $70 bonus at Sporting Odds. Before Xmas everything was going nicely and I wasn't encountering any problems but last week I started getting timed out and this ran through into the Dollar Up last night. However, I now think it's close to rock bottom when I was booted from a ring game tonight for failing to act in time. I would have acted... IF I COULD HAVE! I didn't get to play a solitary hand during the 5 minutes I was logged on. I'm now seriously considering giving up on them and withdrawing every last cent in my account. I don't get a lot of time to play poker and, when I do, I like it to go smoothly. With SO just now that ain't happening. The real nuisance is that I like playing there and I know many other PL'ers do too. The Dollar Up tourney is fantastic value but this is giving me a real headache. To give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm putting off any hasty moves until the end of January. I'm going to try playing there on my PC as opposed to my laptop in case the problem lies there. This gives them time to work on any problems they're having and allows me the chance to get the bonus as well as avoid the MTT wooden spoon! An appropriately worded e-mail will also be on it's way to them soon.

Re: Sporting Odds - A man on the brink I got disconnected 4 times last night including twice on the final table - I even got cut off as soon as I lost!! :@ It's quite funny tho - I was sat with George in the Safety tonight, we greeted each other and I was just about to ask him when he was going to be disconnected, when he was!!! :lol I only play SO for the Dollar Up and I normally let the kids play the Safety Net so I can put up with the odd bad server night! :\

Re: Sporting Odds - A man on the brink

I got disconnected 4 times last night including twice on the final table - I even got cut off as soon as I lost!! :@ It's quite funny tho - I was sat with George in the Safety tonight, we greeted each other and I was just about to ask him when he was going to be disconnected, when he was!!! :lol I only play SO for the Dollar Up and I normally let the kids play the Safety Net so I can put up with the odd bad server night! :\
The other way round, I suspect.;)

Re: Sporting Odds - A man on the brink Hi brael, do you if there are any conditions on releasing the bonus from SO, min stakes etc, I like to get paid for playing. I've been in the dollar up on SO and haven't had the problems you seem to however if these problems start I'll be out of there bonus or no bonus.

Hi brael' date=' do you if there are any conditions on releasing the bonus from SO, min stakes etc, I like to get paid for playing. I've been in the dollar up on SO and haven't had the problems you seem to however if these problems start I'll be out of there bonus or no bonus.[/quote'] Doesn't appear to be any. I've been playing $0.05/$0.10 pot limit tables and managed to get the $30.00 bonus released. I tried to enter the 200 raked hands required freeroll tonight and found I've played 135 raked hands in the last 2 weeks so they must count. I've just played a ring game for the last 45 minutes on my PC and it's held up OK. Hmmm....

Re: Sporting Odds - A man on the brink Cheers for the info brael :ok i'll give it a bash then, head first into the world of disconnects and anger, wish me luck! Hope the site continues to hold up for you but we'll see.........

I tried to enter the 200 raked hands required freeroll tonight and found I've played 135 raked hands in the last 2 weeks so they must count.
Just a little point - dont trust LIVEHELP for your raked hands as many times they ive you your TOTAL raked hands which may be far superior to the number you will have for the freeroll. I found this to my loss 2 weeks on the trot - ALWAYS ASK FOR RAKED HANDS IN PREVIOUS 2 WEEKS

Re: Sporting Odds - A man on the brink Note to TQM - that was fikkin not funny!! Was disconnected for about 20min, got back in but before i could even fold, i was disconnected again. (For about an hour) Got to 111th when JJ met 88. Guess the river :( But it was pretty good timing as Danny Cash had just asked some questions about some coding i was going to do for him. At this rate though i'll end up with the wooden spoon. How can i play in the dollarup if they won't let me win any money in the safety net? Do they expect me to deposit money or something?? whoknows.gif . rotfl.gif

Just a little point - dont trust LIVEHELP for your raked hands as many times they ive you your TOTAL raked hands which may be far superior to the number you will have for the freeroll. I found this to my loss 2 weeks on the trot - ALWAYS ASK FOR RAKED HANDS IN PREVIOUS 2 WEEKS
What I find particularly interesting is that when you try to enter the raked hands freeroll it can tell you how many raked hands you've played if you're considered ineligible (??!). This being the case, why can't they eliminate non-UK based punters from the People's Poker Challenge? It will be interesting to see what happens when this kicks-off again tomorrow night!

Re: Sporting Odds - A man on the brink I hate to say it but the problem could be my laptop. I played a ring game for over an hour on my PC without any problems. I'd even go so far as to say that it was a lot quicker. I'll be trying the Dollar Up this week so it will be interesting to see how that goes... assuming I last for more than an hour!! :lol

Re: Sporting Odds - A man on the brink Played the Dollar Up on my PC last night and didn't see one connection problem for the 90 minutes I was playing for (didn't see one decent hand either but that's besides the point! :lol ). Looks like my laptop doesn't like Boss Media too much... I encountered similar difficulties while playing the Poker Player freeroll on Tuesday night which I got round by switching machines. In the meantime I'm playing Boss Media stuff on the PC... once they've done another upgrade I'll try the laptop again.