poker superstars: poll

stevie-p

looking forward to seeing some quality live poker on sky sports tonight. i was thinking though, these players on final table after final table and i am wondering how come? they are are obviously top drawer poker players, so is it because they enter all the big games and therefore are bound to hit a result or two or because they have every aspect of the game totally nailed on?

Re: poker superstars: poll :rollin :rollin :rollin I assume it's partly because they buy in at a much later stage. $12,000 buy-in seems like value when 1st prize is a couple of million dollars. Am I right in thinking that there are 'only' about 200 in the last day or 2? Even I'd fancy my chances then, after coping with Betfred freerolls. :lol :lol :lol

Re: poker superstars: poll

looking forward to seeing some quality live poker on sky sports tonight. i was thinking though, these players on final table after final table and i am wondering how come? they are are obviously top drawer poker players, so is it because they enter all the big games and therefore are bound to hit a result or two or because they have every aspect of the game totally nailed on?
I say it's cos of both those things. Also bear in mind a huge percentage of the top players aren't paying their own entry into these things, they have backers. Ivey apparently has 100% of himself though.