The 7/2 - 10/3 - 11/2 fixed odds draw selecting system

The 7/2 - 10/3 - 11/2 fixed odds draw selecting system. Oh, no, not another 'system'.........well, yes, but unlike my other systems, something easy and effective, (?), for the fixed odds boys. It is simplicity in itself...selections take seconds....providing from 1 or 2, up to 10 or 11 selections, per week. All I use is a Ladbroke's coupon or website fixture list to compile my selections, which I will post here, each Saturday, so no work for you to do. I have paper tested the system, it is currently showing a profit, but you may wish to paper trade it, for the time being. As I have said, it is very simple in its coception and application. I simply use any selection that has away odds of 7/2, 10/3, and 11/2 on the Ladbroke's fixed odds coupon. O.K., you might say, I could just be choosing the results to fit the odds that produce the most draws or 1-1 correct score results - 'cherry picking'. Possibly, but my pre-tests are quite extensive. Two seasons ago I used a similar strategy selecting 11/4 away odds fixtures, with reasonable success. It may work, or now that I have 'gone public', fail dismally. Below are the selections for today. I'll post the results here, later, with a P/L bank, etc. All of these selections to draw, and a second set of bets, any to score 1-1. 1 Man. City 3.45 2 Norwich 3.75 3 Brentford 3.5 4 Doncaster 3.25 5 Swansea 3.65 6 Boston 3.45 7 Cheltenham 3.40 8 Rochdale 3.50 9 Wycombe 3.50 All correct score bets are 11/2, Ladbroke's coupon, may be available at higher odds on exchanges. So, that's 9 draw singles at 1 point each, and a separate, optional bet, of 9 correct score 1-1 singles, 1 point each.. Total, 18 bets 18 points. Start bank = 100 points. I will be backing the selections myself, with minimum stakes, it's your choice whether you decide to or not. I will always maintain that Spread betting is superior to, and more profitable than, fixed odds betting, but I felt that I should provide a possible potentially profitable system for non-spread bettors. I hope that proves to be the case..... Any questions, or comments, please post them here. GL if you are betting or trading today. :ok :hope

Re: The 7/2 - 10/3 - 11/2 fixed odds draw selecting system GL with this.. I believe it will work.. :ok I once did this with local danish bookie.. Every draw odds of @2.80 (only 78% pay back they had) i played online, with odds from @3.05 - @3.50 In the long run that showed great result.. Both as singles, but also as doubles/trebbles if more than 1 match a day..

Re: The 7/2 - 10/3 - 11/2 fixed odds draw selecting system So if the team playing away on the Ladbrokes coupon are 4-1 it won't show a profit? The question I keep asking myself is why? It's like saying back all favourites on a tuesday providing the ground is soft. Spreadman you know I mean well and I respect you highly, but I'm not sure I see the logic this time mate. As ever, good luck, and as you say, time will tell. DC

Re: The 7/2 - 10/3 - 11/2 fixed odds draw selecting system Danny, cheers for input, I can understand your doubts and reservations...it is a bit 'harebrained', and there is no real logic to the selection system...I could just as easily chosen away odds of, say, 11/4 or 3/1 to pick my draw selections. All I can say is, at present, and previously, this method has selected more draw results than might be expected, than average, (almost 1 in 3, or 31%), or by random selection. You would expect, if the bookies know their stuff, that the matches they have priced with away odds that favour the away team at around 6/4 or better would provide the greatest source of draw results. This, however, is not the case, more draws are in the range of odds that imply an away loss, such as 7/2, 10/3, 11/2. Take today's results as an example; on the Ladbroke's coupon, all of the 9 draw results except two, in the English leagues, had away odds of 2/1 or greater, including 10/3, 5/1 and 7/1.....surely unlikely candidates for draw selections? The best analogy that I can present is that of a journey from a to b, where 'a' is your starting bank, and 'b' is your 'destination', this being the profit that you put in your betting bank. To get from a to b you need to know how to drive the car, (your bet),successfully.. This 'success' is our winning 'bet'... you need to know how to bet successfullly to 'drive' your bank from start to destination, destination being another word for 'profit'. As long as you can drive, (bet), successfully, you can reach your destination, (profit). Now here's the important bit. You don't need to know how...or even WHY the car engine works. In other words, you don't need to know how...or even why the system works. Just drive your car, (use the system), and get where you want to be, (with a profitable bank). Yes, the 'car' , (system), can 'break down', (lose), but if you have given the 'engine' enough trials and test runs, it should run O.K. Sorry if my explanation is confusing. I don't pretend that the system is logical, infallible or even noteworthy. I just know that, at the moment it should work...not necessarily forever, set in stone, or even for the near future. Once I have achieved a 10% yield, I could stop using it, knowing that I have made more money than a bank interest account could provide. As for your comparison to selecting horses for a race meeting using a statistic or selective condition that determines whether you bet or not, and on which horse(s), I can see your argument, but, with the greatest respect, I believe it doesn't apply as a comparison to how and why my system works. If I had said "bet on all teams where the home teams ground is soft", then fair enough. Or, back all the fixtures with draw odds and away odds in favour of a draw or away result, ('favourites'), then fair criticism. But what I am saying, for whatever reason, is "backing fixtures with away odds around 7/2, 10/3, 11/2, picks more draw results than average", without knowing why, just knowing that it works, and it has increased my bank level. Sorry that it's illogical, I know that I feel happier with 'reasons' and 'proof' for everything in life, but in this case I am taking 'a risk'..if it works, don't try to fix it. By the way, the system predicted 1 correct draw result out of 8 selections, one result to come, which is below the expected 'average' result of 3 correct draws out of 9 selections, although there were only 8 draws out of the 40 matches played so far, giving an average of 20% draws, or an expected random draw selection average of 1.6 draws per 8 matches, below the seasonal average of the expected 2.66 draws occuring per 8 matches. Surprisingly, 5 out of the remaining selections were AWAY wins!...at odds of 10/3, 7/2, 10/3, 10/3 and 10/3. I feel another 'away' selecting system coming on.....:loon ;)

Re: The 7/2 - 10/3 - 11/2 fixed odds draw selecting system Cheers, Gaza, for your kind and supportive comments, most welcome, as are any relevant points that are critical and constructive. We are each entitled to our opinions, that is what makes any forum, and, this one in particular, a useful arena in which to put forward theories, arguments and beliefs, betting related or otherwise. I am aware of my naivety and sometimes illogical reasoning, but some of the greatest ideas and beliefs are borne out of questioning accepted theories or laws. Even something as simple as an apple falling on your head, or as diverse as how the formation of crystal patterns in a snowflake can reveal secrets that are now used in the engineering of vast architectural constructions, were the seemingly insignificant starting points for greater things. I am not claiming to have found the Midas touch, the philosopher's stone, or the secrets of the universe, but I do believe what I have is relevant, and possibly semi-important on a lower level in the grand scale of things, and should be shared.... ;)

Re: The 7/2 - 10/3 - 11/2 fixed odds draw selecting system I'm not one for sticking my nose into other peoples THREADS but what you are suggesting will not work!!The bookies run the book on fixed odds and they will never lose!Over the entire season the book balances in their favour. Example bet365 prices.Data i have collected from past two years Total games in range = 86 ( $1 level stakes) 1.61------3.4------5 (Prices) 50-------23------13 (23 draws at 3.4) $80.5---$78.2-----$65 (Returns) I dont see a return from any of the possibalties do you? I have tried this before and have data for every set of prices that bet365 placed for last two year's(sad bastard that i am).:rollin You will find the odd set of prices that give a return.Few and far between & not worth the hastle in the long run.I would Love for u to prove me wrong.Maybe the 1-1 might work i dont have data for that. You did read my mind though as the 1-1 selections for my own THREAD show a yield of 35%.Better than what my own thread is showing at the moment for straight draws and will be adding to my own. Enjoying everything else you are doing keep up the good work!!:ok Signed : The Lubet.:beer

Re: The 7/2 - 10/3 - 11/2 fixed odds draw selecting system Cheers for your input, Lubet, it's fine to 'stick your nose in', I'm always doing it!! :lol I appreciate your concern, and can see that you know what you are talking about...(it's good to see that I am not the only 'sad' anorak in the Punter's Lounge!!!), but as for a long term strategy, employed for a whole season, my intention with this system was to trial it short term, and if I could see it sliding down the pan, (unprofitable), I would stop at a predetermined point. Originally, it was successful using 11/4 away odds for correct score 1-1 betting......as I believe you have found out by back testing your own draw predictions for correct 1-1 scores. The 'draws' aspect was an 'add-on', as a comparison to how the correct score part did. Obviously, the 11/2+ correct score 1-1 odds returned are better than 11/5 or 5/2 odds returned for a correct draw result. This is what could make it a profitable part of the system when compared to the 'draw' part of the system. So, basically, I will run it, using minimum level stakes to see how it fares short term, with fingers crossed......not like my normal betting strategies, and very 'amateur gambler style', I admit, and the betting purists will be grinding their teeth over this one, but, hey!......a small investment can sometimes lead indirectly to an unthought of source of profit. :lol Thanks for your comments, Mr. L, greatly appreciated, and by the way, thanks for your 'winding road' draw tips.....I have just started following them, and backing them with hard cash, small stakes....no pressure there, then!! Keep the comments coming....seems we may have some thiings in common......what's your favourite colour anorak?!! :loon

Re: The 7/2 - 10/3 - 11/2 fixed odds draw selecting system Week 2. These teams have qualified under the system, having away odds of 7/2, 10/3 and 11/2. Each selection to draw, and 1-1 result, so that's 5 draw singles and 5 correct score 1-1's, ten points staked. West Ham Leeds Luton Grimsby Hartlepool Apologies for lateness of post, but if you want to work out the slections next week, for yourself, just select the fixtures that have away odds of 7/2, 10/3, 11/2, by visiting the Ladbroke's website, or getting a fixed odds coupon, and back them to draw, and score 1-1. GL. :ok