Freerolls?

leumas_2k4

Re: -=- Freerolls? We had a problem in the Poker Forum a little while ago in that we had far too many sticky's - and new posts ended up over a page down - so we're trying to avoid stickies as far as possible...... But, that is what we invented "Poker News" for - it allows us to store all of the useful info, without clogging up the forum - so post all of your favourite freerolls here and I'll add a new section to Poker News in the next day or so.......

Re: -=- Freerolls? This was the 3rd poker site I downloaded. They have freerolls every 2 hours. http://www.poker.com/ 10 seat tables. Nice mix of players. Clear and concise controls. Couple of nice chat features. I like the fact that you don't get rushed. It is by no means a turbo. You are given enough time to make your mistakes. Maximum 1000 players and it fills up VERY quickly. By 10-15 minutes after registration opens it is full. I can give this little tip. As one freeroll starts, so does the registration for the next one. And they have Tina: http://www.poker.com/poker-tina.htm ;) There are somtimes delays in 'actions' although nowhere near as bad as BetFred. My favourite site at the moment.

Re: -=- Freerolls?

Sporting Odds do a $250.00 everyday at 7pm.
I think this is the 'Safety Net' I've played a few times. On again this evening. Also on Royal Vegas (don't ask it'll become clear in time...) There is a daily $1000 freeroll-only 8000+ :eek :eek :eek entrants... Going to play and aim for top 4000.

There is a daily $1000 freeroll-only 8000+ :eek :eek :eek entrants... Going to play and aim for top 4000.
You think that's bad - I've seen tourneys with in the region of 10000 players playing for something in the region of $100 (Can't remember the exact details) - utter madness!!!!! When looking at freerolls I tend to divide the prize pool by the expected number of entrants (often the maximum entry) - if it is $1 or over, then I consider it good, if it is in the region of $0.50, then I consider it ok and will sometimes play - any less and I generally consider it a waste of time......

Sporting Odds do a $250.00 everyday at 7pm.
I've just opened a Sporting Odds account and am currently giving this tourney a shot. Seems reasonably good value - 388 entrants which makes it better than Betfreds as that one usually hits 1000 entrants. (I'm currently 50th (xxALxx) with 173 left - top 40 places get paid):hope

I think this is the 'Safety Net' I've played a few times. On again this evening. Also on Royal Vegas (don't ask it'll become clear in time...) There is a daily $1000 freeroll-only 8000+ :eek :eek :eek entrants... Going to play and aim for top 4000.
10,000 people started-came 1,217th. Standard of play was truly awful. Worse than BetFred.

I'd question that one myself....but at least they're not The Proclaimers.
Ah... The Proclaimers... cracking debut album, 'This is the Story'... classic stuff! :notworthy Thankfully, I've found the mute button. I honestly couldn't take this bit of software seriously with that crap in the background. :ok Hopefully, I'll get to try out one of their freerolls over the next couple of nights. Valiant... if you've never heard it, borrow, blag or steal a set of speakers and witness the racket yourself... whoever wrote the program should be shot! :lol

• 2 weeks later...

Bankroll Booster Freerolls
Starting on Monday October 3rd Blue Square will be offering new Zero Action Points freerolls for all real money players. There will be $200 prize pool events in the week and $100 prize pool events every weekend. So, if you have been on a bad streak, run out of action points, or just want an extra chance to give your bankroll a boost, then these are the tournaments for you! Full details listed below:
  • Mondays 7.45pm - $200 NL Freeroll – Zero Action Points
  • Tuesdays 7.45pm - $200 PL Freeroll – Zero Action Points
  • Wednesdays 7.45pm - $200 NL Freeroll – Zero Action Points
  • Thursdays 7.45pm - $200 PL Freeroll – Zero Action Points
  • Satudays 10.00am - $100 NL Freeroll – Zero Action Points
  • Sundays 10.00am - $100 PL Freeroll – Zero Action Points

Re: -=- Freerolls? Hehe - I'm out first hand. Limped in with A4o - hit an A48 on the flop (2 clubs 1 Spade) - 2 pair. 250 in the pot - I had position, everyone checked to me, I raised 400 - had 4 callers :loon 5 spades on the turn - everyone checked to me - I went all in - 1 caller. The river was an insignificant spade...... The only caller turned over 23o..... I just didn't consider he had that, and didn't for a second consider the straight .... so went out first hand :o