Us Tour Golf, The Buick Championship

The Buick Championship, formerly know as the Cannon Greater Hartford Open is played on the River Highlands course. I guess a worthy favourite for this is Kenny Perry. But I don’t fancy Perry as a favourite, and at single figure odds even in as weak a field as this, his price offers little value. The most important stat around this course appears to be Greens in Regulation. (which I guess is why Perry is favourite) With players who finished in the Top ten in this category on this course for the last 2 years more often than not finding themselves in the Top 20 overall. But I am going to go more on the side of course and current form when choosing my selections this week A player who caught the eye last week was Todd Fischer. His form this year so far has been poor. With last weeks 3rd place the only really good result. But in 2003 he had a similarly poor record with a string of missed cuts, then a tie for 39th in the B.C Open, which preceded his 3rd here. And in 2004 he had a tie for 45th in the Reno-Tahoe and went on to get tied 9th here. So what can he build on with last weeks 3rd place? We shall see. But I will be prudent and back him top ten only at 6-1 (Stan James) Another player who has very consistent course form is Kevin Sutherland. In 9 visits to this course he has 8 top 25 finishes. And you have to give that respect considering most of those would have been in better fields than this. In 2003 he missed the cut in the event preceding this and finished T11th. In 2004 he followed missed cuts at the PGA and Reno-Tahoe with T9th here. So again we hope he can build on last weeks 23rd at the Renoe. A good price to boot. 80-1 EW at Stan James and I like the 7-1 Top ten at Stan James, even better. Robert Damron. A typical journeyman and a very hit or miss player. But in the last 2 years he has a T7 in 2003 and T13 in 2004. Both results coming off the back of some very poor form. So his recent poor form of missed cuts in his last 2 events in the US Bank championship and Buick Open (events he always does poorly in ) shouldn’t be much of a worry. However only 6 weeks ago he finished 2nd in the John Deere Classic, his best result for some considerable time. So with that confidence boost and playing on a course he likes, this may well be one of the weeks he performs. 125-1 ew available general. Will side with another Journeyman in Tom Pernice Jnr. He has had a well deserved break since his last outing, a very creditable 23rd in the US PGA. Last year he missed the cut in the PGA and went on to get 3rd here. So hopefully he can take his form into this week. His course form is good, aswell as last years 3rd, he has form of 47-49-6. 80-1 EW available general.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.