G.Footie - 13/14th August

Back from Cyprus – and one Gaelic Football match stands out above all as a cracking bet. Dublin vs Tyrone 8/11 (& -3Pt @ 10/11) The concept that Dublin could win this match is almost ridiculous IMO – Tyrone are a vastly superior outfit and I would be happy with a price of around 2/5 for Tyrone so as you can imagine 8/11 is a price I will be wading into heavily. Dublin have not looked especially impressive so far with a narrow (and lucky) win over Laois in the Leinster final, a narrow win over Meath and a win vs Wexford which was level until 10 minutes from time. Tyrone are far better than all of the Leinster sides – and were a bit unlucky in loosing to Armagh – though whichever one got Dublin were bound to advance further anyway. Tyrone have no injury worries ahead of this match and influential player Ryan McMenamin is back in the side after having is suspension overturned. I can see Tyrone being truly dominant in most parts of the pitch with the Dublin forwards finding it particularly difficult given the fact that the Tyrone players are far bigger, a bit fitter and better under the high ball. Tyrone have also played some tough games against good opposition this campaign winning well vs a good Derry side, and having two games vs Armagh. If Tyrone work the ball well I can see Stephen O’Neill annihilating the Dubs up front – for me the Dubs haven’t answered any of the questions hanging over their heads since the start of the season, and have not pregressed significantly far to bother Tyrone – provided Tyrone play to their average standard (or better). Of course Tyrone’s star man Canavan is also waiting on the bench if required. I’m going for the handicap bet, as Tyrone should definitely win by more than one score. If your after Dublin incidentally, there 11/8, 15/2 the draw - but I don't see either happening. Tyrone news link; http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=7969 Dublin news link; http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=7941 Pick – Tyrone to win 8/11 Confidence 10/10 Tyrone to win on the Handicap (-1 Pt) 10/11, Confidence 9/10 If I get time I will also preview Cork vs Clare in the Hurling - I think this game should be tight and would recommend Clare (+4 Pts) @10/11

Re: G.Footie - 13/14th August Cork vs Clare 3/1 (& -4Pts @ 10/11) This is a hurling game that I think will a lot tighter than many pundits are predicting, as I think Clare will not get “hammered” by Cork. Wile I think Cork should win – and probably will, as they are a really quality side, Clare have shown great improvement in there last performance in knocking out Waterford (to my surprise). Clare also were runners up in the league, which included a great win over Kilkenny by a large margin (can’t quite remember the margin – but it was >6/7 points). Clare have a fully fit side to choose from, and will be well up for this game from a motivational viewpoint, playing against their provincial rivals (if any additional motivation was required). Cork also have a fully fit squad to choose from with just one positional change. Cork news link; http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=7942 Clare news link; http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=7968 Pick – Clare to win on the Handicap (-4 Pts) 10/11, Confidence 7/10